- 7 years of cumulative working experience across, Retail, Health Care, Aviation, Finance and IT industry with strong domain knowledge including:
- Investments such as stocks, bonds, retirement and non - retirement accounts (estate accounts, custodial accounts, partnership accounts etc.), asset movements etc.
- Banking and credit related services such as credit cards, mortgage, auto loans, investment banking, and other lines of credit.
- 3+ years working within a SAFe environment and being involved in the following ceremonies/activities:
- Coordinating team towards preparing and participating in PI planning.
- Liaising with other scrum master both in and out of Scrum of Scrum meetings.
- Determining appropriate capacity and load for PI.
- Running breakout sessions to ensure features are broken, risks, issues and dependencies are identified.
- Knowledge of various Agile frameworks: Scrum, Kanban Principles, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Lean waterfall.
- Utilize the following tool for project tracking: Jira, Rally, Version One, and TFS.
- Experienced in Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, and Continuous Integration.
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced at reviewing and assessing information gathered, defining key facts and issues, identifying potential problems and facilitating problem resolution.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to tailor presentations towards different functional areas of business.
- Developed training materials and trained users on newly developed and existing applications.
- Profound written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced at coaching teams undergoing transformation from Waterfall to agile.
- Experience in leading both high performing teams and teams new to agile.
- Experience preparing reports for management within strict deadlines.
- I am an experienced Scrum Master with a history of delivering high-quality software within deadline and budget.
Confidential, Plano, TX
SAFe Scrum Master
- Facilitating various scrum ceremonies to ensure objectives are met.
- Ensuring proper understanding of both user story and feature requirements.
- Working with Product Owner to ensure user story requirements such as descriptions and acceptance criteria are accurately articulated.
- Working with Product Owner to ensure 2 weeks’ worth of healthy backlog exist.
- Working with product owner to ensure a reasonable understanding of feature ahead of the next PI planning.
- Running PI breakout sessions to ensure features are properly broken down with risks, issues and dependencies identified.
- Ensuring the team takes appropriate load for the PI that accommodates future unplanned work.
- Guiding the team towards archiving PI objectives by constantly making their progress visible.
- Looking out as well as encourage the team to raise impediments for resolution.
- Resolving and guiding the team towards resolving impediments.
- Facilitating team level ceremonies including but not limited to backlog refinement, iteration planning, daily standups, iteration review and retrospective.
- Monitoring the burndown chart, velocity, % defect metrics and a host of other metrics to measure team success.
Confidential, Westlake, TX
SAFe Scrum Master
- Created a healthy atmosphere of transparency, learning and improvement.
- Accessed the overall health of the scrum team’s agile practices and created opportunities of continuous improvement.
- Fostered value driven delivery by implementing appropriate metrics (velocity, defect leakage, predictability ratio...) and helped the team to understand them.
- Develop customized agile training as needed by the team.
- Collaborated with other scrum masters and agile coaches to building a mature agile organization.
- Shielded the scrum teams from external distraction and unplanned work.
- Assisted the product owner in writing user stories and prioritizing the backlog.
- Planned for and facilitated various scrum ceremonies including but not limited to backlog refinement, sprint planning, daily standup, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Made sure core agile principles of visibility, accountability and self-organization is maintained within the team.
- Resolved, managed and escalated impediments to appropriate personnel or department as necessary.
- Liaised with other Scrum Masters in Scrum of Scrum meetings and PI planning.
- Worked with the RTE to ensure the work of my team integrates with that of other teams.
- Worked with the product owner to plan for future sprints and prioritizing the backlog.
- Coordinated my team towards PI planning and other program events like System Demo.
Confidential, Irving TX
- Facilitated effective backlog refinements, sprint planning sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Worked closely with Product owner in facilitating sprint review to ensure best practices and techniques are utilized to ensure maximum stakeholders’ feedback.
- Coached the teams to interact in ways that ensure clear communication of product requirements and team commitments.
- Cleared the team's impediments and ensured team is raising and clearing impediments on a daily basis.
- Resolved disputes among team members to ensure a healthy working relation within the team.
- Identified gaps in knowledge and addressed them through teaching, mentoring, and coaching of best practices across the team.
- Tracked and managed the burn-down chart, velocity and task break-down.
- Coached the team and product owner on Agile/Scrum concepts and principles to ensure team is continually improving.
- Documented and furnished the team’s definition of done/commitment to all team members as a reminder of the sprint goals.