Contribute to Customer’s growth and success in the 21st century thru the use of Best IT practices, Tools and Technology, including Software Applications and optimal process and procedures.
Platforms: Hand on Software Development, Technical Team Leadership, IT Domain Management, Technical Project ManagementIBM Mainframe, DB2, SQL, CICS, Z/OS, COBOL, MQ, Eztrieve, Endevor, IBM and Compuware Utilities, ETL, Visual Basic, SAS, Excel, CMM, ITIL
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
Lead Technical Analyst and Software Application Support process owner
- As the Technical Lead and Software Application support process owner I, as part of a team of 6, supported three Insurance Applications that were developed and maintained on the IBM DB2/Mainframe platform using z/OS.
- Collectively these Insurance Applications hosted data and processing for over 1.2 million policies as well as the related Claims and Account Receivables, as well as Premium and Loss Statics.
- The Application functionality included everything from Online data entry and Inquiry to batch processing using internal and external data feeds and then also generation of customer facing documents, reports and notices.
- Using Water - Fall methodology, developed, enhanced and supported Insurance Application software systems (including Claims, Policy Administration, Account Receivables and Document Generation).
- Collaborated with business stakeholders in development and finalization of Business Requirements.
- Created Functional Requirements and Technical Specifications from the approved Requirements.
- Prepared and presented Design documents to the stakeholders.
- Developed (coded) Completely new and Enhanced source code (as required) using COBOL/DB2/CICS.
- Prepared new and updated batch Job Streams using JCL and JCL-PROCs.
- Performed Unit and System (Integration) tests of new and modified COBOL and CICS code base.
- Provided hands-on production support including responding to and resolution of Nightly-Calls.
- Prepared ad-hoc Eztrieve reports and Queries per business and QA requirements .
- Developed and presented detailed technical project and delivery plans and schedules.
- Applied industry and shop standards in Coding, Triage and Quality Assurance (Testing) techniques and practices.
- Used ITIL methodology for all IT activities, from Demand Management, Change Management, to Incident and Problem Management.
- Prepared Procedural and Technical Training material for the Outsourcing partner team.
- Periodically reviewed and enhanced /optimised (when and where needed) existing Code Databases and job/process flows.
- Prepared and presented Root Cause Analysis, solution alternatives and technical recommendations to the Business and IT Stakeholders
- Maintained system documentation per existing shop standards.
- Collaborated with DBA and other Technical resources in Root Cause Analysis for production abends, and also for system performance related issues.
- Coordinated technical hand-off between Onshore and Offshore IT support teams as well as between Development, QA and Deployment/Production Support teams.
- Provided Mentoring and Knowledge sharing to the IT support teams as well as the End Users.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
Technical Lead and IT Consultant
- Led a large group of onshore and offshore Application developers in support of on-shore client, with several Insurance policy administration and related financial Software Application systems.
- Prepared and executed plans for System support related Knowledge Transfer to the Offshore teams.
- Provided application specific training and mentoring to outsourcing partner onshore and offshore resources.
- Provided hands-on IT support to the business during On-shore business hours.
- As part of Confidential ’s IT Consulting practice, worked on external client’s Application development assignments which included:
- Preparation for CMMI Certification
- Automation of manual processes
- Optimization of existing IT processes
- Development of Customer facing and Regulatory system components