Experienced BI Analyst with (10+ years) professional with a background across a wide variety of industries including Metals, Healthcare and Banking. Known and recognized for working collaboratively across all levels and with all constituencies to understand and solve problems through effective use of systems and technology. Proven success in delivering projects within specified time frames. Quick learner with excellent analysis, communication, and multi - tasking skills along with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Various versions of IBM /Cognos / TM1 Version(s) 10 & 11 Series
- Requirements specification gathering and documentation, Creating new Datasets, Models, Storytelling, Documentation, end user Training,
- Relational and multi-dimensional (OLAP) data modeling, building Cube, Dimension, TM1 ETL processes and Chores
- Experienced working with large data sets, building complex dashboards with rich visualizations and complex data sets, Data Extraction, Data mining
- Report writing, Scheduling, testing using Cognos, TM1, SSRS, Power BI.
- Security Implementation at different levels in Cognos Connection and TM1 security
- Implementation, Advance level Excel with Data Mapping, Data Validations, V-Lookup,
- Pivot table, Charts, PAX, DAX formula’s, Dashboarding, If statements, Writing and implementing SQL commands, Queries, ETL, M Query
Reporting and Dashboarding Experience: Access, Excel, Cognos, TM1 views, Power BI, SAS
Programming Languages Experience: SAS
Programming Languages knowledge: Python, R, VB, JAVA, HTML, XML
Databases: Microsoft Access, Excel, Oracle, SQL, RDMS, OLAP, SDLC & VISIO
Confidential, Berwyn, IL
Business Information Analyst
- Gather and verify business requirements and identify gaps against existing data, resolve data access issue. Developed new dashboards, Matrix, KPIs, for Daily weekly, Monthly and Historical Sales data. Work with data team to understand system requirements, producing both business process and technical documentation, and translating into data solutions. Design, development, and test Power BI solutions.
- Developed custom dashboards & visuals using specific data like previously created SSRS Reports.
- Created Date Dims, calculations using new measure, Dax formulas, SQL queries using and ETL using Power Query M.
- Performed excellent analytic solution and translated data into meaningful visualizations.
- Implemented row level security on Product data.
- Imported data thru different data sources, Write SQL queries to connect to data source.
- Worked on SSRS Reports and moved SSRS reports in Power BI Reports.
- Worked with data engineers to identity and understand source data system & business requirements for solutions delivery.
Confidential, Lisle, IL
Business Information Analyst
- Designed, created, and maintained TM1 applications (Sales and Financial Models, Cubes, Dimensions, Rules and Processes) used by analytic staff. Provided new TM1 Reports as needed and maintained TM1 security updates. Created and Updated Processes using Turbo Integrator - ETL Tool TM1.
- Ability to write rules & Turbo Integrator processes (using TM1 cubes, DMR and reports)
- Model building ability create dimensions, cubes, links setup element/cube security.
- Strong TM1 developer skills including, Advanced TM1 rules, feeders and Turbo Integrator processes knowledge. Experience of TM1 Architect/ Perspectives/ Performance Modeler/ TM1 Web/Café.
- Further Planning Analytics skills will be an advantage, particularly PAW and PAX.
- Developed & supported the standard/ad hoc reports against TM1 using Cognos tools and creating SQL Queries, Views, SP, Joints, Framework PKG, Models and Active forms.
- Developed & published BI packages using Cognos TM1 Framework, A ccountable for Designing and creating new Cognos reports in Cognos10.2 - 11.2 and maintaining updated reports.
- Performed various Cognos Administrator tasks or Cognos Security 10.2-11.2.
- Data extracted from Data Warehouse using SQL Queries, created views, SP, MS SQL Sever
- Manipulated data extracted from the database with pivot tables, set up the data type, set up unique identifier and lookups for data mapping.
- Created and updated users’ profiles using Sales Force classics and Lighting application, new account and existing account set up and updates.
- Created new reports and maintained old reports, Dashboards, FTP Sales Force data for Mobile users.
- Strong Knowledge on Power BI to import data from various sources such as Oracle Server, SQL MS Excel, Text, CVS ETC Server DB, Azure SQL DB to Power BI to generate reports.
- Generated computed tables in Power BI by using Dax Formulas and Provided Power BI D ashboards to communicate insights and analytics view that contains visualizations such as a graph, chart, plot, table, map or any other visual representation of data. Created Dax Queries to generated new measures and computed columns in Power BI.
Confidential, Naperville, IL
BI Reporting Analyst
- Extracted information from Data warehouse using SQL and prepared Ad hoc and various types of reports as per client requests.
- Technology utilized: ODS Database, Vantage software system (VAS, VMS) and Cognos Reporting Studio (8.2 and 10 version)
- Developed & supported the standard/ad hoc reports against BI Tools like Cognos, Access, Excel, SSRS
- Analyzed final Data using Excel Data Validation, Conditional statements, Calculation and Formulas, V lookups, Power Pivot and Power Query.
Confidential, Elk Grove Village, IL
- Analyzed user acceptance test results to verify data accuracy by using SDM approved Keyword list.
- Extracted information from database using SAS and SQL for Ad hoc, weekly and monthly marketing reports.
- Manipulated data extracted from the database with pivot tables and lookups.
- Analyzed Client’s Ad hoc requests and prepared reports using SAS, Cognos 8.1, and Excel applications Tools, Developed monthly and weekly reports for Home Depot portfolio.
- Prepared trend reports for Home Depot in order to find spending patterns for specific area codes and Commercial clients and their parent-child accounts actives.
- Worked as a customer analyst on a Special project System for Messaging, Conferencing, and Voice.
- Analyzed Telecom code words list for the end user categorization list and ran SQL queries using Enterprise Manager to extract data from various databases.
- Conducted variety of testing and analytics to ensure that results met the specified standards and end-user category list.
Confidential, Itasca, IL
- Created and maintained key monthly reports and charts/graphs to measure client’s efficiency and cost savings on Worker’s Comp insurance premium, claim and payments-related issues. Utilized Crystal report software, Tandem, SQL, Cognos, Access and Excel application tools.