- Over 13 years of experience in Business Systems Analysis/Project Management, QA (Manual) and UAT Testing
- Experience in various software methodologies: Waterfall and Scrum
- Skillful in creating business requirements document, functional specifications and user stories through interaction with Subject Matter Experts and various business and IT groups.
- 4 years experience in writing use cases, creating Process Flows and designing GUI screens/user interface prototypes using MS Visio.
- Involved and assisted the QA and UAT Analysts to prepare test cases, test scripts and validate defects using Test Director/Mercury Quality Center and ALM.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Visio, MS Project.
- Worked in credit card, banking, mortgage, health insurance and utility domains.
- A strong team player and adept at supporting team members.
- Experience in working in a small and a large scale team environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation and written skills.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Great research and analytical skills.
Programming Languages: HTML, CSS
Application Software: MS Office, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS Sharepoint 2003, Workday
Testing Tools: Test Director 7.6, 8.0, Mercury Quality Center 9.2, 10.0, ALM 11.0, 11.2
Web & Media Tools: Flash MX Professional & Dream weaver
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista, Windows 7 8 and 10
DBMS: TOAD and SQL Developer
Methodologies: SCRUM and Waterfall
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Followed Waterfall methodology from project concept to implementation
- Analyzed legacy application to create current state document which was used to prioritize current state functionalites that will be included in target state
- Met with key stakeholders to elicit requirements for the new call center application
- Worked with stakeholders and project management team to prioritize scope/requirements
- Provided usability design/UI recommendation to stakeholders for new application
- Interacted with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) team to come up with best solution to retrieve/process/store data for new application
- Documented functional requirements using MS Word
- Created wireframes using MS Visio for new application and reviewed that with key business and IT stakeholders
- Reviewed requirements with development and testing team to ensure requirements are technically feasible
- Reviewed functional requirements with business and IT stakeholders and obtained final approval
- Continuously worked with development team and testing team to ensure open questions regarding requirements are clarified
- Coordinated frequently with development team to ensure requirements are developed as per the functional specification document
- Assisted project management to monitor development and testing progress, schedule and address risk/open items
- Performed sanity testing on application when development is completed and deployed to test environment before QA testing begins
- Reviewed and provided approval for QA testing scenarios and test cases
- Worked with QA testing team to address defects logged in Application Lifecycle Manager (ALM v. 12)
- Coordinated with development team to fix logged defects based on priority assigned by business team
- Provided a demo of the new application to business users before User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Worked closely with business users to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and address any open items from team
- Mentored Junior Business Analysts and new hires on team to bring them up to speed on project and application
- Perfomed production validation on application before business users validates it
Sr. Business Analyst
- Followed Waterfall methodology from project concept to implementation
- Gathered business rules/business requirements from key stakeholders during requirements workshops
- Analyzed current application to suggest improvements for future application
- Documented business requirements using Confluence application
- Conditioned test accounts for UAT testing
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Followed SCRUM/KANBAN methodology from project concept to implementation
- Involved in defect remediation with application development and data migration team
- Analyzed and tracked defects using JIRA and ALM and worked with the team to resolve defects
- Worked with Product Owners and key stakeholders to verify requirements and business rules pertaining to the application and communicated results to the team
- Interacted closely with development and testing team to ensure that requirements are developed and tested as per the expectations
- Communicated defect statuses to product owners and stakeholders and kept the team in the loop for defect remediation statuses
- Worked with data migration team to identify records/tables from the legacy and target databases that need to be inserted, modified and deleted as per the requirements
- Facilitated Data Steward Team meetings to discuss open defects and potential solutions with product owner, ETL developers and key stakeholders
- Attended daily scrum meetings to communicate statuses of tasks and user stories
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Follow Waterfall methodology from project concept to implementation
- Conduct business requirements/system requirements elicitation sessions with key stakeholders
- Assist key stakeholders in defining scope/business requirements for the mobile web application/Manage Your Account application
- Provide recommendation for creating a user friendly mobile web application to allow customers to view and make bill payments
- Create user interface diagrams for the new mobile web application using MS Visio 2010
- Create wireframes and present it to key stakeholders during design phase using MS Visio, PowerMockup
- Document business/systems requirements document for Manage Your Account and Mobile application
- Review business/system requirements document with key stakeholders to obtain final approval
- Create test case document and test scipts using ALM 11.2 and executed it.
- Logged and tracked defects using ALM 11.2
- Met with key stakeholders regularly to update testing status and ensure that testing activities are aligned with requirements
- Create Operational Readiness Review (ORR) document prior to project Implementation and reviewed the document with internal team and change management team
Lead Business Systems Analyst/Project Manager
- Follow Agile (Scrum) methodology from project concept to implementation
- Attend daily stand - up meetings to discuss about sprint tasks, milestones and impediments.
- Work with Product Owner and Scrum Master to create user stories and acceptance criteria for each Sprint.
- Groom user stories and acceptance criteria with the project team to make sure that the team completely understands the scope of the sprint before commencing on development and testing efforts.
- Collaborate between key stakeholders and project team to identify gaps between current state and target state and recommend possible solutions to business and IT groups
- Document user stories and acceptance criteria using Version One, which is an Agile Planning tool that is used to maintain sprint backlog, tasks and daily burndown chart.
- Participate/facilitate sprint planning meetings to discuss user stories and define tasks and estimate level of effort for a given sprint.
- Participate/facilitate in Sprint review meetings to demonstate features that were accomplished in a given sprint to product owner and other key stakeholders.
- Attend sprint retrospective meetings to discuss on lessons learned in a given sprint and document the outcome and share it with the sprint team.
- Created and implemented BSA best practices and standards which serves as guidelines to new and existing BSAs within the team
- Manage other platform BSAs to ensure that they are delivering quality oriented work and mentor them as needed
- Provide High Level LOE (Level of Effort) / estimation for new business intents that are impacted by WWW platform
- Participate in Pre-Feasibility meetings to assess business intent, scope and business case
- Mentor new BSAs to bring them up to speed about WWW and their roles and responsibilities
- Review and approve System Requirements document authored by other BSAs within the team
- Create System Requirements document for high profile work requests/projects for the Program Team using Mercury Quality Center 10.0
- Review System Requirements document with customers, stakeholders and project team to obtain consensus and approval for the requirements
- Review testing artifacts (Test Cases and Test Scenarios) to ensure that project requirements and scope have been satisfied
- Perform smoke testing to ensure that design solution satisfies project requirements
- Officially kickoff and introduce the project to the project team.
- Prepare project plan, project charter, scope statement and project schedule and communicate it to the project team.
- Conduct weekly status meeting with the project team to discuss milestones, risks and constraints in the project.
- Document meeting minutes and weekly status report and distribute it to the stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Work with third party vendors such as merchandise fulfillment vendors to elicit system requirements and manage timelines.
- Create post production support guide for the Production Support group to follow when facing a production incident after implementing the project.
- Conduct lessons learned sessions with the project team after the completion of a project to document best practices and improvement areas as guidance for future projects.
Lead Systems Analyst
- Interviewed stakeholders to elicit functional requirements for the trade application.
- Created Functional Specification Document for conversion, reporting, interface and UI projects.
- Documented functional requirements in Quality Center 9.2.
- Created process flows of the business process using MS Visio 2003.
- Worked with developers/technical leads to translate functional requirements.
- Assisted the QA team in understanding the functional requirement and ensuring that all functional requirements are traced to test cases.
- Coordinated in break out sessions with various business groups to discuss open items pertaining to the project.
- Facilitated and participated in IS walkthroughs with stakeholders and obtained final approval.
- Transitioned the Functional Specification Document (FSD) to the IS team/Technical Lead.
- Reviewed and participated in peer reviews of Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Worked on multiple projects individually and in a team environment in a short time frame.
- Provided project status report to manager on a weekly basis to update on progress and risks related issues.
- Mentored new hires to bring them up to speed on project applications.
- Interviewed stakeholders for business rules pertaining to benefits and coverage details.
- Prepared and maintained an excel spreadsheet with the business rules.
- Created use case documents based on the business requirement document.
- Coordinated with the QA team to create test cases, test scripts and execute defects for the new enhancement.
Business Systems Analyst
- Prepared kick off meeting agenda, slides and documentations.
- Followed Waterfall methodology from project concept to implementation.
- Researched on the architectural assessment and the applications for better comprehension of the impacted components.
- Met with business groups to discuss potential methods to target/campaign/market existing and potential customers through email marketing, online personalized messages and inserts.
- Created As Is and To Be process flows to be incorporated into the functional specification.
- Translated technical issues to non technical business groups and users.
- Organized working sessions with the business and IS groups to gather impacts on applications and business/IS groups.
- Created the functional specification based on the business requirement document and the impact matrix using a predefined Confidential template.
- Identified and documented open items pertaining to the working sessions into the follow up log.
- Participated with business groups to provide feedbacks on improving existing and potential customers experience in ecommerce.
- Involved in the IS walkthrough with primary stakeholders to review impacts.
- Transitioned project knowledge and impact matrix document to IS teams who will be working on creating functional specifications.
- Prepared and provided project status report to manager on a weekly basis.
- Identified and documented risks, constraints, and assumptions of the project into the business requirements document.
- Facilitated in the requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Steered conference calls with Visa and MasterCard to resolve open items pertaining to the project.
- Addressed and incorporated requirements and feedbacks from stakeholders into the business requirements document.
- Created an issue log for the project and addressed risks and parking lot items based off the log.
- Organized the business walkthrough with primary stakeholders.
- Prepared use case documents based on business requirements document.
- Facilitated meetings with stakeholders and SME to discuss expected conditions, assumptions and scenarios for documenting use cases.
- Peer reviewed business requirement documents and Business Use Case documents for team members and provided feedback and approval.
Business Analyst/QA Analyst
- Met with business users to analyze and determine scope changes for business requirements.
- Provided solutions to better enhance the current application used by loan officers, processors, underwriters and closers.
- Reviewed loan applications from preliminary application to closing application to offer design suggestions to better enhance current applications.
- Designed web interfaces to interact with third party agencies to obtain credit history and FICO scores of potential customers.
- Provided design solutions for webpages to order appraisal and title from third party vendors.
- Facilitated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with the IT group to improve the overall quality of the application to ensure timely project deliverables.
- Conducted gap analysis to document the current and proposed functionalities of the system.
- Created business design specifications based on business requirements documents.
- Prepared test scenarios by logging in as loan officers, processors, underwriters and closers to ensure that the proposed design is user friendly for the end users.
- Used configuration management tool such as Clarity and Serena Dimensions to update business requirement documents, upload approval e-mails, report defects from TestDirector, create release notes and integrate application development.