- Sound understanding of Rational Unified Process, Software Development Life Cycle, Agile/Scrum and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Efficiency in preparing Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, Companion Guides and Requirements Traceability Matrices.
- Advanced knowledge of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Skilled in writing Use Cases and drawing Business Process Flow Diagrams
- Experienced on working with Cloud based infrastructure services like AWS and Azure.
- Experienced in working with PEGA Business Process Management software/ tool.
- Experienced in partnering with the stake holders like Internal/External Audit, Data Security, Legal, Compliance, IT subject matter experts, etc.
- Experienced on working with SAP and other ERP solutions.
- Experienced on working with Oracle Financials including Project modules, payables, Oracle assets, etc.
- Hands on experience on working with the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to meet the requirements of the clients/end users.
- Supported Audits for IT infrastructure and applications in healthcare, banking, financial and retail systems.
- Experienced in interactions with vendors and clients, client relationship management, understanding business applications and business data flow.
- Experience in demonstrating verbal and written communication, conflict management, facilitation skills, creative thinking skills, consensus building and analytical skills.
- Adept in conducting Joint Application Development Sessions.
- Proficient in leading Requirements Gathering process via different elicitation techniques such as Client Interviewing, Requirements Workshops, Interface Analysis, Prototyping, Surveys & Questionnaires, Focus Groups, Job Shadowing, Document Analysis, etc.
- Experienced with the best practices for Data Governance.
- Expertise in Web and Client Server Applications through all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Interacted with designers and developers to ensure functional implementation of business requirements and QA Team in executing Test Plans & Test Case Scenarios.
- Excellence in organizing, facilitating and coordinating Weekly Meetings, Conference Calls and other regular Project Meetings.
- Proficient in using Alteryx to implement end - to-end data analytics to solve complex business problems.
- Proficient in design and execution of Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on the requirements for the applications.
- Good knowledge in Business Analysis, SWOT Analysis, GAP Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis, Testing and Project Planning.
Sr. Business Analyst/ Sr. Data Analyst
Confidential, St. Paul, MN
- Coordinated with project Stakeholders to track the progress of the project, updated status and led review meeting to ensure that schedules and deliverables were met.
- Liaised with Stakeholders at all levels and worked closely with teams of developers, testers and product control throughout the entire development life cycle.
- Authorized Data Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, ER Models and Business Process Models with special detail to sub-processes using UML using Visual Paradigm.
- Represented the business requirements through User Stories, Use Cases, Entity Relationship Diagrams and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Worked with the clients and end users to gather and understand the business requirements by using Microsoft Dynamics as the CRM tool.
- Worked on the Oracle EBS R12 as the ERP tool to better manage the functions related with the project.
- Worked on JIRA for writing User Stories and Use Cases.
- Worked on SharePoint to give access to the whole team associated with the project to store, organize and share the reports of the project so that everyone can be on the same page.
- Conducted JAD Sessions, Interviews and Walkthrough sessions involving Stakeholders, Product Owners and Technical Team.
- Used SAP widely to connect all the departments and teams involved together for the smooth process flow of the project.
- Performed GAP Analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Conducted Dashboard design and Report performance check using Power BI.
- Reviewed the audit findings and validated with the stake holders
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix post testing to assure compliance with goals.
- Worked on RESTful Web Services to specify the constraints that could be analyzed for better performance and modifiability on the web.
- Extensively involved in Data Mapping and ER Modeling by using concepts of data warehousing.
- Created financial reports of the project using MS Excel. Used Tableau for analyzing and visualizing data.
- Used Vlookup, pivot tables, macros in Excel for analyzing the data.
- Worked with SQL Queries to extract application data to perform application validations.
- Created validation rules and provided verbiage to technical team for database validation.
- Used JSON format for transmitting the data in the application.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plans and for User Acceptance Testing.
- Used MS Visio for Process Flow Diagrams for identifying the gaps in the process.
- Collaborated with Product Owner in backlog refinement and prioritizing.
- Created Business Requirements Document and System Requirements Specification.
- Developed User Stories, Use Cases, Functional & Non-Functional Documents.
Business Systems Analyst/ Data Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Worked towards providing an upgraded Medicare service through the website to the customers.
- Documented meeting minutes from JAD sessions and obtained sign-offs from JAD participants.
- Conducted weekly Sprint Planning Meetings with developers and Quality Assurance Analysts to review User Story, assigned Story Points and assigned Cards to a respective sprint.
- Analyzed and developed technical documentation detailing system integration and data security.
- Worked on WSO2 platform to integrate the application programming interfaces.
- Identified Use Cases from Functional Requirements and wrote Use Case Specifications and created TO BE Business Process Workflow for Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Used SQL to extract the data and analyzed it by performing data visualization using tableau.
- Maintained proper Data Governance by including the people, processes for handling the project data across the teams.
- Analyzed and accumulated RESTful API enhancements and improvements by using JSON format. Provided recommendations to the development team based on the end user's feedback on the API.
- Collaborated with the other teams and shared data using Confluence.
- Generated Tableau dashboards and reports to define product performance.
- Used Power BI for data visualization, dashboard testing and drill down reports check.
- Created Use Case Diagrams using MS Visio in order to show interaction between Actors and Use Cases as well as showing the relationship between the Use Cases.
- Used Alteryx for data preparation, blending and modeling for decision analysis purposes.
- Worked on Agile Methodology with monthly release and weekly sprints. Managed the application support product backlog using Rally.
- Interacted extensively with various Business Groups, Stakeholders and Users through Salesforce CRM cloud to develop the Vision Document that was aligned with corporate strategic objectives.
- Documented the AS-IS Business Workflows adhering to UML and Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) standards.
- Coordinated User Acceptance Testing on a daily basis with Subject Matter Experts to make sure that all business requirements were addressed in the application.
- Created AS-IS Business Process Models using MS Visio. Documented User Story using Rally and detailed the business need.
- Performed Functional and GUI Testing to ensure that the user acceptance criteria was met.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Gathered Business requirements for Integration points and mapped them with Functional Requirements.
- Assisted in the preparation and documentation of EDI software requirements and specifications.
- Worked as an interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Assisted the testing and development team in automating and upgrading the Medicaid process in the electronic claims system.
- Worked on creating a better PHI system for managing the past medical record of the individual and the health care provider at one platform.
- Worked in a team to improve the Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) system for better implementation of the electronic claims processing system
- Collaborated with EDI Operations Analyst, software engineers, software architect, data security analysts and business partners to document, test, implement and support Healthcare EDI solutions.
- Created Functional Requirements Document and analyzed data/workflows; defined the scope, financial projections and cost/benefit analysis; progressed from problem statement to well-documented designs.
- Conducted sprint planning with development & QA team.
- Conducted JAD and JRP Sessions to get Subject Matter Experts input on how to implement the application for Group Disability Claims.
- Used Pega Direct Capture of Objectives (DCO) tool for collecting, organizing and storing the web application artifacts.
- Used Confluence for sharing and accessing the project data within the teams.
- Worked with Project Manager to identify best approach for gathering requirements and estimated project size using UCP Analysis.
- Used JIRA as a project management tool for tracking, planning, and managing the progress and development of the system.
- Performed reviews and audits for internal and external activities for the existing system and prepared activity/process flow using MS Visio.
- Involved extensively in data warehouse designing using Kimball as an approach.
- Extensively used analytical features in Tableau like Statistical functions and calculations, trend lines etc. in many Tableau reports.
- Created Test Cases for System Testing and Integration Testing in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Performed GAP Analysis to identify 5010 EDI transaction using implementation guide to identify the changes in the segments and data elements.
- Assisted in Load Testing and UAT Testing. Performed Data Analysis and Data Validation by writing basic queries against the database.
- Prepared technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Worked with Project Management, Subject Matter Experts, Fulfillment Centers to identify and document to scope of the project and solutions to the Inventory and Warehouse problems.
- Facilitated project meetings including scheduling, recording and distributing minutes and following up on action items.
- Worked on SharePoint to create, collaborate and manage the whole work in one place which led to better team work and faster communication.
- Used ReadyCloud suite as the CRM tool to get insights from the data, and used it to manage the requirements as well.
- Understood the Business Logic, User Requirements and Test Objectives to develop Use Case Scenarios.
- Created prototypes and mock interfaces to provide an accurate, graphical user interface representation, thereby facilitating successful solution design and development.
- Identified the issue involved in Supply Chain and suggested the best way to mitigate it in general and to meet the SOX and internal Audit requirements.
- Worked closely with Fulfillment Center managers for better understanding of risks involved in Supply Chain.
- Coordinated the Contract Management System (CMS) implementation by working with the team.
- Cases and Test Scripts. Participated in the UAT for new functionalities.
- Conducted Joint Application Development sessions with business clients to identify Business Rules, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Analyzed restock/destock data for inventory optimization from Access Database and generated report from Cognos tool.
- Created Revenue Cycle and Process Improvement dashboard reports utilizing Tableau and Excel.
- Created monthly/weekly status reports to update the project schedules and deliverable plan to Business and Portfolio Project Manager.
- Evaluated and analyzed variances in cost estimates, deadlines, tasks, milestones and resource loading.
- Held sessions with Subject Matter Experts and Business Owners to define requirement priority and criticality.
- Created Sprint Plans to develop new functionalities as per specifications. Tracked the sprint progress and reported to management on a continual basis.
- Developed Use Cases, User Stories and relevant one pagers for product delivery.
- Conducted AS-IS and TO-BE analysis of the business process for fulfillment centers using GAP Analysis.
- Analysed complete Supply Chain, from receiving an order in Order Management System, Warehouse Management System (WMS) and complete processing till final delivery to customer.
ENVIRONMENT: Agile, Scrum, .Net, RUP, UML, HTML, Rational Suite, PEGA, SAP, Oracle, HP Quality Center, Alteryx, Internal Audit, Azure, AWS, WMS, Data Warehousing, Resource Planning, IT Governance, RESTful Web Services, JSON, XML, SQL, ER/Studio Data Architect, Data Governance, Java, ETL, Rally, JIRA, Confluence, Power BI, Tableau, Google Analytics, Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, ReadyCloud, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS TFS, Test Director, SQL Server.