- Hands - on IT Business Analyst with 15+ years of advancement in the IT arena, from helpdesk associate to current role as Business Analyst for a large Confidential .
- Dedicated leader who managed various successful high- and low-budget projects and initiatives.
- Strong background executing project requirements and transforming business methods for optimal delivery.
- Calm and solution-focused when troubleshooting urgent technical issues; devise and execute viable strategies based on clear, careful analysis of available data.
- Active collaborator who listens to and incorporates perspectives of diverse colleagues and business functions.
Hardware: IBM, Dell, Compaq, Macintosh, and various other computer hardware.
Operating Systems: All Microsoft Server applications, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 9X, Unix, Linux, AS400, Mainframe, Novell Netware, and Mac OS.
Software: MS Office, Lotus 123, Claris Works, Word Perfect, Visio, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Writer, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe GoLive, Front Page, QuarkXPress, IIS, and Post.Office.
Email Systems: Exchange, GroupWise, Lotus Notes, and I-mail.
Languages: HTML, Flash, and Visual Basic.
PhoneSystems: Avaya phone system and Cisco IP telephones.
Networks: Novell, Linux, and all Microsoft networks.
- Lead requirements analysis, validation, and verification for various bank projects while ensuring requirement statements are clear, concise, complete, and verifiable.
- Communicate (both verbally and in writing) with various business units that rely on information to define system requirements or organizational processes.
- Collect, analyze, and relay project business requirements to development team. Effectively communicate relevant information to project and bank managers.
- Work with departments to identify and make process improvements. Review and prepare system documentation per department specifications.
- Guide requirements prioritization based on project and business value.
- Manage requirement changes by effectively applying bank’s change control processes and tools.
- Help project manager enforce all deadlines and schedules.
- Developed and coordinated companywide incident management activities; maintained optimal functioning of related processes across all support areas.
- Ensured effective and rapid response to major incidents. Reviewed and suggested changes to drive continuous improvement of incident management process.
- Guided, trained, and developed support staff on diverse incident management topics. Advised on efficient resolution of incidents and effective negotiation with customers and service teams.
- Provided regular incident bulletins to support staff and managers on open issues.
- Led monitoring and resolution of stalled or breached jobs with second- and third-level groups.
- Produced metrics for service performance and client satisfaction on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Planned and coordinated office network migration from Novell 5 to Windows 2003.
- Configured and deployed Windows 2003 server and domain controller. Reset and set up user accounts in Windows 2003 server.
- Helped staff order and install various computer hardware and software. Deployed and supported desktops, laptops, AV equipment, phones, printers, copiers, and wireless devices.
- Reset and released user accounts, printers, and reports on the Mainframe, Unix, AS400, and various other insurance-specific applications.