Procurement professional experienced in multiple industries. Has ability to manage, analyze, develop, and implement policies that enhance the competitiveness and exports of professional services industries. Wanting to join a company that will offer the opportunity to continue growth and development as analyst with stability in a valued career.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office all Office Suite products, SQL, Dynamics AX, CRM, Access ERP and MRP, SAP systems, Visio Proficient in Visual Basic C++, Java, Visual Basic, Bartender and CAD
- Proven ability to lead and manage projects
- Competent understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
- Expertise in inventory management and parts management.
- Experience with start - up operations Strong organizational skills
- 10 years of hands-on engineering experience in a distribution environment
- Ability to use and apply mathematical concepts with statistics, linear programming optimization
- Successful at maintaining positive relationships with suppliers
- Experience negotiating prices and contracts, developing and implementing cost reduction strategies, analyzing costs and developing sourcing strategies
- Comfortable giving presentations, completing data analysis and working with cross-functional teams to develop and implement purchasing initiatives
- Ability to interpret and respond to business trends and customer requirements, technical procedures, logistical systems and government regulations.
- Able to maintain strong skills and desire to develop systems approaches, good problem solving and action planning skills.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedural manuals as well as effectively present data/information to large groups, including customers.
- Hands-on experience with SAP.
- Solid application/experience with Kan-Ban and repackaging.
- Inventory control/Physical Inventory Champion.
- MRP II system experience.
- Knowledge and experience with OE customer platforms
- QOS and Continuous Improvement (KAIZEN)
- Customer relations background
- TS16949 / ISO14001 experience
- Evidence of self-innovation, cost effectiveness, change management
Confidential, Boaz, AL
Supply Chain Analyst Operation Management, Procurement Management, Logistics Engineer
- Managed the development of vendor implementation of cost savings in on-going management of supply chain initiatives of purchasing and vendor management
- Performed data extraction and analytics to provide information, insight and recommendations
- Applied Industrial Engineering methods and skills to gather and analyze information to improve company and customer processes and results
- Managed purchase orders and transaction reports, updated reports, set up agreements with suppliers, negotiated cost levels
- Served as the subject matter expert with data extraction tools including Hyperion; utilized supply chain optimization tools to perform network and transportation analytics, as needed
- Supported our freight brokers and help them grow their business
- Negotiated with and coordinated the activities of third-party carriers
- Planned, scheduled, tracked, and facilitated the movement of materials/products via ground transportation (Air, FTL, LTL, Rail, IM)
- Troubleshot and implemented contingencies, as needed, to address circumstances Managed strategies for supplier initiatives through category supply chain review, process mapping and analytics KPI’s for vendors
- Supported management through data collection, reporting and process improvement
- Managed vendors’ engagement through meeting preparation and follow-ups
- Collaborated with company stakeholders and third-party logistics providers to ensure efficient development and implementation of supply chain initiatives
- Maintained a thorough understanding of industry practices in the area of supply chain systems and processes in order to enhance the competitive position of the company
- Developed techniques to improve procurement and demand planning functions including forecasting, replenishment buying and forward buying
Confidential, Vance, AL
Logistics Contractor, Procurement Management, Project Management, Global Transportation Data Analyst
- Managed and advised the internal customer while forming an effective interface between the business department and IT, consulted with business manager to develop solutions to meet business needs
- Implemented and anchored business processes, systems, and technology to improve overall projects
- Developed ways of measuring and communicating operational effectiveness that generate business insight for the organization.
- Identified and defined business processes and improvements for project opportunities.
- Provided technical development for new and existing technology with intelligence systems, databases and programs
- Defined the value and business benefits of services from the service catalogue
- Identifed opportunities for business process improvements based on the IT service catalogue
- Understood the IT service catalogue and other technology trends in order to offer recommendations and solutions that met business needs, as appropriate
- Served as facilitator between business and IT working in SAP; and networked, identifying utilizing synergies across the supply chain and IT organizations
- Managed business requirements specification processes
- Conducted research, data collection, analysis and synthesis to prepare, present and deliver recommendations and solutions to supply chain management
- Ensured that documentation relating to business processes is accurate, complete and maintained
- Coordinated and/or conducted all types of application testing, as needed
- Supported IT to coordinate all integration-testing with end users
- Coordinated and participated in development of structured walk-through (system demonstration and ) to the users
Confidential, Smyrna, TN
Procurement Analyst Operation Management, Procurement, Project Management, Global Transportation Logistics, Data Analyst
- Completed varied work assignments, contributed new ideas, and exchanged info with other areas.
- Provided functional support and guidance, disseminated information and resolved problems through contact with internal and external customers as well as coordinated efforts with customers to resolve complex problems and unique needs
- Implemented initiatives and accepted accountability for the completion of work under limited guidance, made decisions within standard guidelines and area of specialty, managed medium to large projects, was responsible for implementations and initiatives in accomplishing planned development actions
- Inspected, operated, and tested completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications
- Processed rail billings
- Supervised Accounts Payable for Freight and Custom Services and resolved issues in set-up and/or payment process
- Made sure all invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Supported additional rail billings and diversions when back-up is required
- Supported Rail Customer Service Desk
- Assumed additional responsibilities and provided department back-up where needed
- Managed forecasting demand and analyzed inventory trends in SAP
- Set and verified parts clearances
- Provided analytical and purchasing activity to support a faster localization with Microsoft Dynamics and SAP.
- Managed and coordinated sourcing with SAP in Global Transportation Logistics Global purchasing cost management activities in SQL server Oracle
- Interfaced with engineering and other departments to monitor processes with KPI and expedite activity.
- Worked with raw materials in economic environments and led negotiations to meet optimal cost level for JIT inventory management
- EDI; worked with system setup, trading partner maintenance, copy, removal, translation import, EDI Import/Export journal file viewer
Confidential, Fort Knox, KY
Logistics Engineer, Operation Management, Procurement, Project ManagementGlobal Transportation Logistics, Data Analyst
- Reviewed all orders/requisitions, scheduled loads/assigned drivers to ensure all loads are dispatched with compliant drivers and equipment per DOT Regulations
- Updated events and kept accurate records and KPI data for freight operations
- Designed process, systems, and technological solutions to meet the overall needs of internal and external customers
- Tracked and managed capacity and utilization for all internal and external drivers
- Implemented transportation best practices and efficiency requirements
- Provided leadership and coaching to all drivers with a commitment focused on safety and customer service
- Obtained feedback on proposed improvement ideas.
- Helped implement and anchor business process, system, and technology improvement projects.
- Provided technical development for new and existing decision support and business intelligence systems, databases, and programs.
- Measured costs and benefits and reported the results for implemented projects