Solutions - driven detail-oriented professional. Known for going into complicated pressure situations, quickly figuring out process and issues, documenting it, simplifying it, and communicating the situation to a larger audience of various levels. Articulate and respected negotiator known for skillfully bridging gaps between business and IT staff. Adept at developing business and functional requirements, building trust, teamwork, motivating, process improvement and finding effective, impactful solutions in challenging, deadline-driven environments.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
Process Improvement | Business Analysis | Project Management | Programming | Systems Analyst | SAFe | Agile | Waterfall | Data Mapping | Requirements Gathering | SDLC | Troubleshooting | Test Plan Development | Workflow Design | Wireframe Design | COBOL | JCL | PL/1 | Assembler | Basic | TSO/SPF | VM/CMS | Libarian | Easytrieve | Panvalet | File-Aid | Abend-Aid | AFP | CA7| Autosys | Negotiations | SEO & GSA Search Improvements | IVR Systems | Start-Ups Microsoft Project, Visio, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Office
Lead Business Analyst
- Coordinate communication between Business users and Technical Development teams (Executives, Product, Program, and Project Managers, Analysts, Developers, and UAT professionals, both onshore and offshore). Requirements documented as Features and Stories in JIRA, JIRA Align and Confluence.
- Drove large upgrade of plan communications (Letter, email, Website UX Deep Links). Gathered requirements from a Plan Sponsor to improve client from At Risk to Referenceable.
- Spearheaded lean/agile processes to stabilize and improve quality , developing automated processes to reduce manual workarounds on legacy platform. These improvements resulted in decreases of 73% in production defects, 92% in manual workarounds, and 48% in IT headcount.
- Collaborated with senior business leaders developing and deploying a complete redesign of the provider’s web and mobile presence with search and responsive design improvements.
- Developed, documented, processed and maintained Mainframe and Server Programs, Queries and File Transfers to run a weekly production environment to mimic nightly production, with live data.
- Developed and maintained Schedules using CA7 and Autosys Jobs. Processed Environment as Control Center (both in weekly tests, and in Production on live weekend Events).
- Designed and executed maintenance and Process Improvements as needed using either Agile Software Development (Product Owner for various Scrum teams) or Waterfall based on the users.
Senior Business/Systems Analyst
- Translated benefitplan’s contribution regulations following extensive requirements research.
- Designed coding methodology to include algorithms for calculating pension rules.
- Validated system configurations by defining test conditions and creating test plans.
- Ensured results aligned with expectations.
- Resolved major development issues for firm’s largest client within 6 months of hire due to ability to understand business and develop new processes.
- Identified and salvaged lost payroll monies for firm’s most troubled client in addition to correcting ineffective processes through development of accurate calculations.
Senior Business Analyst & Project Manager
- Recruited to leading cash management and financial technology company to perform as subject matter expert for existing Confidential bank allocation product.
- Identified inefficiencies in existing workflows and recommended strategic solutions.
- Directed all phases of start-up and positioning company for long-term success as appointed Project Manager, Analyst, and Designer.
- Launched bank valued at $20M in 1st month.
- Composed business and functional documentation as well as new statements.
- Designed the new interactive voice response (IVR) system, and organized legal procedures.
- Produced wireframe mockups and use cases for website.
- Created product documentation and reference materials used by sales, operations, and IT staff.
Senior Business Analyst
- Developed recordkeeping system for actuaries; led conversion of Excel legacy system to OmniDB system.
- Developed functional and technical specification documents, in addition to Visio workflow diagrams and test plans.
- Streamlined and modernized business process flow for new recordkeeping system, reducing approvals and calculation mailings to 1 day from more than 4 days.
Vice President, Payroll Manager, Senior Programmer Analyst, Programmer Analyst
- Converted legacy systems to the OMNIPLUS HR recordkeeping system.
- Member of Corporate Committee charged with developing CMM corporate standards.
- Managed team of 20 through two major corporate mergers into OMNI (Data Mapping, execution).
- Managed large team through $1m savings project converting company Printing to external vendor.
- Coded systems for print Composition and Finishing Equipment including Auto ID, Insurance Policies, Barcode, and Zip postal savings program.
- Maintained systems in Cobol, PL1, Assembler including Year-End Processing team for Large Financial Corporation, General Ledger, Back Office Settlement.
- Hired into Management Training program.