- 8 years experience as an analyst.
- Experience with the SDLC, RUP and Agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Expert in data mining Oracle and DB2 databases using TOAD, SQL Developer, Control Center.
- Experience with Fixed Income and Credit Markets.
- Experience working with business stakeholders.
- Expertise in Business Requirements Documentation using MS Word, Rational Requisite Pro.
- Received advanced training and worked hands on with Business Objects OLAP reporting tools like Web Intelligence Reports and Crystal Reports.
- Mapped data elements using ETL tools like Composer, Data Integrator Ab Initio.
- Efficient in co - coordinating meetings, JAD sessions, project planning using Mind Manager Pro.
- Carried out analysis at portfolio level using Black Rock’s Green Package Suite of tools.
- Strong working knowledge of UML, Use Cases.
- Expertise working with Issue tracking tools likes Jira.
- Performed systems analysis to understand the change in portfolio compliance during the MLIM ( Confidential Investment Management) and Blackrock merger in October 2006.
- Instrumental in carrying out pre-trade, post-trade and end of day (portfolio level) compliance monitoring.
- Expertise in SharePoint (Moss2007) for task management, workflow management, document sharing, maintaining appropriate user level.
- Conducted user training workshops as required including DTCC connectivity training provided to Confidential employees globally.
- MS Office
- MS Project
- Rational Rose
- IBM Control Center
- Charles River
- Aladdin Suite
- Eclipse Workbench
- Green Package
- Mind Manager Pro
- Analyzed the data flows across the product processors, the global warehouse and billing systems
- Implemented a consolidated global billing system for the Global Transaction Services at Citi
- Participated in decommissioning of Canadian, Asian, Western European billing systems
- Eliminated revenue leakage by building automated cost based transactional feeds into the warehouse from different product processors
- Enhanced reporting flexibility by allowing granularity to be set by the customers on ad hoc basis
- Designed and deployed different billing functionalities such as price tiering for fee based transactions
- Develop strategic means to consolidate the transactions across various regions to offer tiered pricing and compensating balance advantages to global customers
- Created Interface Control Documents between banking product processors and the warehouse
- Drove the design and review meetings for the decommissioning of regional billing systems
- Implemented ETL for the billing data using Ab Initio graphs
- Data mining to analyze various banking products
Applications used: Ab Initio, Visio, Share point, Toad
Confidential, New York, NY
- Analyzed trade processing workflows and created process flow diagrams.
- Conducted gap analyses between market processes and system functionality.
- Ensured consistency of specifications across sub-systems processing products belonging to various asset classes.
- Developed functional specifications.
- Instrumental in planning and executing the testing phase of the implemented solutions by writing and executing manual test scripts.
- Coordinated system and patch releases to ensure thorough testing and roll out to customers.
- Designed training for users and documented client educational materials including user and administrative guides.
- Participated in documenting effective date changes associated with the CDS Big Bang rolled out implemented in April 09 nationwide.
- Detailed specifications for on boarding new clients onto the futuristic electronic trade processing platform owned and operated by Confidential Serv.
Applications used: Confidential Wire, DTCC Deriv /SERV, Trade Manager, Credit Novation Consent, Trade Information Warehouse.
Finance / Business Analyst
- Using the Agile methodology (Scrum) carried out the SDLC phases in efficient manner.
- Profile data to identify data quality issues using SQL and Data In Sight
- Instrumental in identifying authoritative data sources feeding into various systems by carrying out data mining using TOAD and Embarcadero tools.
- Extensively used Business Objects reporting functionalities such as WebI reports to slice and drill data along various measures.
- Intensive operational analysis of data being fed into SEC reports carried out using WebI reporting facilities such as filters, ranking, sectioning, graphs and breaks.
- Analyze exposure to securities with low FICO scores and/or high loan to value ratio.
- Implemented the Security and Customer Masters for client (Toronto Dominion)
- Defined the logic for business engine to capture and cleanse Reference data from data vendors (Bloomberg, Reuter, S&P, Moody’s, and Fitch) into a golden copy.
- Gathered and documented requirements from clients for installing Accounting Master to capture and monitor various Cash transactions.
- Applied business intelligence solutions to feed proprietary information into SEC filings (using high degree of data quality checks).
- Created the business requirement specifications having communicated with the business users (financial accounting department).
- Assisted in isolating downgraded securities amongst Subprime mortgage backed securities.
- Data mining and relational data modeling using Squirrel SQL query tool, TOAD, Embarcadero and IBM Control Center.
- Implemented Confidential solution at client locations to support key Derivative Lifecycle events that affect valuation, risk and exposure.
- Participated in designing the Test plan for automated and manual performance testing.
Applications used: GS Work-Bench, Mind Manager, Share point Task Management, Business Objects.
- Monitored compliance rule exceptions/alerts generated for various portfolio accounts.
- Data Mining using complex SQL querying to analyze underlying securities information.
- Carried out task management using SharePoint (MOSS 2003).
- Gained hand on experience working with various MLIM products (consisting of various financial instruments like Fixed Income and Equities)
- Instrumental in carrying out end-user and compliance reporting using Green Package applications (Black Rock’s in-house portfolio, account compliance and risk reporting solution).
- Customizing rules imbedded in the Charles River Compliance (standard rules library) module for testing (positive and negative) purposes and isolating alerts generated.
- Coordinated and tracked various business and technical teams during UAT using SharePoint utilities (MOSS 2003).
- Analyzed defects discovered during UAT and Systems’ Performance Testing in the SharePoint web access application.
Applications used: Charles River FI and PI modules, SharePoint (MOSS 2003), Rapid SQL, Aladdin and Green Package applications.