- To secure a position within a team - focused organization that utilizes my extensive background in accurately designing and implementing business solutions while fostering internal and external relationships.
- Diverse knowledge of providing effective business strategies and technical solutions
- Strong experience in business analysis, project management, relationship management and business modeling
- Superior problem solving and analytical abilities with experience leading solution-based implementations
- Proven ability to successfully lead projects including participating in and managing teams
- People-oriented; experience interacting with individuals at all levels both internal and external to the organization
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Member of the International Institute of Business Analysis
- Requirements elicitation and validation techniques include Interviewing, Functional Decomposition, Document Analysis, Questionnaires, SWOT Analysis, Reverse Engineering, Observation, Root Cause Analysis, Walkthroughs, Workshops and Facilitated Sessions.
- Specification skills consist of ER Diagramming, Process Modeling, Flowcharting, Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Sequence Diagrams, Prototyping, Scenarios and Use Cases, User Stories, Scope Modeling, and Interface Analysis.
- Additional project skills consist of Project Planning, Business Case Development, Scope Assessment, Risk Management, Quality Management, Change Management, Issues Management, Testing, Release Management, Training, Problem Management, and Business Relationship Management
Tools: MS Office Pro (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, OneNote). MS Sharepoint. Infopath Designer. SharePoint Designer. MS Team Foundation Server. PL SQL Developer. SQL Server Enterprise Manager. Visual Studio. Toad. HP Service Manager. Jira. Jing. SnagIt. Balsamiq. Crystal Reports XIR2. PeopleSoft. Oracle 11i. Rational Rose. Requisite Pro.
Methodologies: Rational Unified Process. Scrum. Agile. Waterfall. SDLC.
Standards: PMBOK. BABOK. ITILv3. Six Sigma. Unified Modeling Language.
Lead Business Analyst/Manager, Business Systems
Confidential, Wauwatosa, WI
- Worked with our marketing team to help redefine our corporate Intranet strategy to work in concert with our corporate rebranding effort.
- For our rebranding effort, we created a strategy team to plan and communication and development of the Intranet site that would align with the corporate values and vision while providing social networking components for the internal staff.
- Defined and implemented a custom application development methodology, artifact library, and project acceptance workflow for the corporate wide approach to all IT development initiatives.
- Defined requirements and workflow specifications, as well as built the business rules, workflow rules and user interface design for the application using SharePoint2010 and InfoPath 2010 for both tax and assurance service practice areas.
- Currently performing as the project leader and business relationship manager for all CLA Wealth Advisory IT initiatives, which include seven successful implementations and conversions to date.
Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
- I acted as the project manager and business analyst for several concurrent projects for Health and Human Services, the UW Extension, and Finance departments.
- My projects included HL7 interface analysis, HIPAA compliance changes for NPI numbering, practice management application interface analysis to the Oracle Government Financials modules, data migrations to SQL data warehouse, electronic health record requirements analysis and application assessments, database upgrades, collections system interfaces analysis, online credit card processing, and online course registrations.
- Responsibilities included coordinating meetings, managing project resources, hiring and managing contract staff, issue and change management, developing ROIs, gap analysis, requirements and scope definition, functional specifications, test planning, coordination and execution, and user training.
- Documentation included project status reports, project charters, project plans, issue logs, risk assessments, communication plans, requirements, functional specifications, test plans, training materials, project portfolios, meeting minutes and agendas, and project planning estimates.
Lead Business Analyst
Confidential, New Berlin, WI
- Lead business analyst and project manager for the commercial valuation systems division.
- The main focus of my role was to redesign the building valuation application that could be used on either a laptop or mobile device by underwriters and field agents while they were onsite to inspect insurance claims.
- Our primary clientele consisted of underwriters and insurance agents, as well as re-insurers, commercial lenders, and contractors.
- Executed release plans, planning estimates, resource allocations and product backlog items for upcoming sprint cycles.
- Facilitated daily sprint meetings and worked with development team to coordinate activities.
- Worked with product managers and external clients to define upcoming project requirements and specifications.
- Documented functional specifications, business requirements, release notes, sprint backlogs, product backlogs, and internal documentation.
Business Analyst Specialist
Confidential, Brown Deer, WI
- My primary focus was designing and implementing our electronic bill payment and presentment capabilities, for our banking clients.
- Our clients consisted of banks or other ePayment vendors that were offering electronic wallet capabilities to their clients
- As the business analyst, I defined the system capabilities and designed the user interface functionality for clients for our web-based and personal finance manager users.
- I helped define eBill processes that would accept a client’s electronic bills from their payees as well as defined the process for withdrawing funds from the client’s bank account or other financial medium.
- The system was designed so that users could automatically pay bills to payees as the bills arrived, automatically pay them on a regular pay cycle, or make one time payments.
- The system would then issue electronic Confidential payments or physical checks to the payees on behalf of our clients.
- Documentation included planning estimates, requirements specifications, functional specifications, test scripts, data modeling and user interface design in a heavily regulated environment.
- The various federal regulations included Sarbanes-Oxley, OFAC, US Patriot Act, and various FTC and SEC regulations.
- Worked directly with clients to determine their business needs and to analyze their contractual requirements.
- Worked directly with developers and reviewed requirements, specifications, and programming needs. Also assisted with hiring, mentoring and training junior level business analysts.
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Brookfield, WI
- My accomplishments consisted of performing in-depth financial analysis and business needs assessment for federal taxation requirements for a local brewing company.
- Technical analysis for a local healthcare provider and implementing technical solutions for HIPAA security compliance, JHACO accreditation, document management, and employee time keeping.
- Financial/business analysis for a local government entity, assessing their property tax and billing processes to eliminate inefficiency and define streamlined workflow processes.
- Defined portfolio and investment management reporting needs for a local brokerage firm.
- Streamlined the process and designed a system for the cost allocation process at the department of workforce development.
- Analyzed and reverse engineered the existing applications to perform gap analysis for an Oracle 11i CRM implementation at a local medical equipment manufacturer.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- My roles consisted of Functional/Technical Analysis on a global PeopleSoft initiative, modules included Order Management, Billing, Purchasing, Inventory, and Accounts Receivable. Software selection and RFI analysis for a large-scale hardware technology manufacturer after examining such tools as Hyperion Essbase, Business Objects, Cognos, E.piphany, Actuate, Oracle Express, and Windchill.
- Facilitated sessions to determine areas for process improvements for a major athletic apparel company, and technical specifications on CRM applications.
- Development of an account plan which included a financial health analysis, a risk assessment, and a market analysis for a local truck manufacturer.
- Conducted a technical infrastructure informational session for local nonprofit organizations in Milwaukee County.