- Business Analyst with Six plus (6+) Years of IT implementation experience in IT, Entertainment / Broadcasting, Financial and Health Insurance domains.
- Excellent analytical skills in gathering business requirements through analyzing the needs of Business and Stakeholders and converting them into functional/technical requirements.
- Skilled at performing Gap analysis, Risk analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Traceability Matrix along with good knowledge of process workflow tools and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard methodologies such as Software Development Life Cycle SDLC, Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process RUP.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, Navigational Flow diagrams and Wireframes.
- Acquainted with MS Project to manage, schedule deadlines, resources, collaborate with different teams and analyze project information.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi - task and deal with shifting priorities. Adept in learning new technologies and quickly adapting to new environment.
- Conducted Requirement Gathering Sessions and Joint Application Development JAD sessions and interviewed subject matter experts with superior organizational and presentation skills.
- Knowledge in business process design, research implementation methodologies, data process mapping, applying Unified Modeling Language UML and the implementation of Performance metrics.
- Comprehensive Knowledge in reviewing Test Procedures, creating Test plans, Test scenario, defining Test cases, both System Integration and executed many test cases.
- Adequate knowledge of using database applications such as SQL Server and MS Access.
Methodologies: RUP, RAD, Waterfall, Agile, Joint Application Development JAD, Unified Modeling Language UML, SWOT.
Testing Tools: JAMA, ALM, Rational Enterprise Suite, Test Director, Load Runner, QTP, WinRunner, and HPQC.
Change Management Tools: JAMA, ALM, Rational Clear Quest, Test Director.
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, Lucid Chart.
Version Control Systems: Rational Clear Case.
Programming Languages: SAS, SQL, JAVA, NodeJS
MS Office Suite: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Outlook.
G Suite: Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, and Google+ for communication; Drive for Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and Sites
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- User requirements were converted into Functional Requirements.
- Functional Requirements Document was created.
- Worked with stakeholders on Joint Application development JAD during prototyping phase of SDLC.
- Worked with SCRUM Project Management and Agile Methodologies for Software Development Life Cycle
- Data flow and workflow diagrams were created to clarify the functional requirements.
- Facilitating scrum ceremonies, remove roadblocks the team faces and escalate issues and concerns to ensure that client business needs are managed appropriately.
- Working with internal development teams and offshore/onshore vendors to support our enterprise software solutions including digital asset management, digital metadata management and digital media ordering applications.
- Use cases and use case models were created to help developers in understanding the requirements and for the test team to create functional test cases.
- Interacted with the QA team to analyze and review the requirements document and make sure all the requirements are covered by at least one or more test cases.
- Used rational tools to document and manage requirements, enhancement requests, and system deployment documentation.
- Establish a tagging strategy and ensure all digital artifacts are properly tagged.
- Manage database operations like developing DB2 code, querying databases, Load, Unload data, problem trouble shooting, database testing, performance tuning.
- Involved with developing test cases and performing Functional, Regression and Usability testing.
- Provide demo and to stakeholder and end users.
Environment: MS Office, Microsoft Visio, RUP, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Share Point, Adobe Experience Manager, Watson Analytics.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Participated for the creation of Business Process Workflow Diagrams with Stakeholders.
- Involved throughout the business solution Development Life Cycle SDLC.
- Conducted JAD sessions with business users and SMEs to identify and gather various functional and non-functional requirements.
- Worked on GAP analysis of ICD 9 and ICD 10
- Hands on experience on electronic medical record management system.
- Using of Request Tracking System, which is a part of the proprietary CMS application for fulfilling actions on different action codes relating to a corresponding number of actions.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process RUP to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures to create a Functional Requirement Document FRD.
- Work with software for maintaining data about the enrolment, billing and health care claims management and to store, send, receive HIPAA transactions and facilitate the administration of HIPAA privacy rights and extensive work on X12 files and EDI transactions.
- Created artifacts such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Come up with change enabling ideas and lead initiatives executing the same. Should have a significant impact at the Service Line level in terms of revenue, processes or people
- Demonstrate expertise in multiple payers.
- Ensure that data reconciliation activities are performed regularly
- Ensure timely approval of data loads and timely escalation of data issues
- Identify all possible automation opportunities on the project and get the reports automated
Environment: HTML, XML, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS SQL, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, Rational Unified Process, SQL.
- Key player in Managing project and was involved in resource management.
- Analyzed existing Business units, Business process, System/ Application and there Interfaces with their capability through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions, and prototyping, prioritizing them and converting them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Assisted with documenting processes, used agile methodology to write the Business Requirements documents and designed Functional specifications.
- Served as a liaison between the internal/external business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Participated in design review meetings and translated the requirements to the developers and guided the team when issues related to business requirements arose.
- Conducted JAD sessions between the business users, Developers, testers Subject Matter Experts to resolve bottlenecks.
- Used HL7 guidelines and dictionary for defining business rules associated with pre-defined workflows per business requirements.
- Played important role into creation of CRUD Create, Read, Update and Delete Metric to make analysis and better understand data flows between different systems.
- Conducted Risk Analysis to identify the risks associated with developing the patches and formulated a Mitigation Plan to eliminate or reduce risks of high severity and any major effects.
- Played an active role in the UAT.
- Responsible for creating maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix to track the development and QA process.
- Interacted closely with RUP to finalize the Test strategies and maintained quality assurance using HP Quality Center.
- Provided production support pre-production and post-Production issue management and defect tracking.
Environment: UNIX, SQL Advantage, MS Visio, MS Word, Agile, SSMS, HP Quality Center, UML, MS Visio, MS Excel, SharePoint, Test Director.