- 8 years of industry experience as a Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Management Systems (QMS) and project life cycle processes.
- Expertise in implementing the agile, Rational Unified Process and Waterfall Methodologies throughout the Software Development Life Cycle of the project.
- Interacted with the Stakeholders, End Users to understand and gather stakeholder requirements and create the Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and communicating it to the entire team involved.
- Implemented Unified Modeling Language (UML) methodologies to design Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagram and ER diagrams
- Lead JAD session and requirements review meetings with all functional groups and participate in industry events
- Prepared and executed validation activities for equipment and utilities such as biosafety cabinets, gases, laboratory systems, incubators, stability chambers, freezers and refrigerators for the start - up facility; actively involved in the implementation of the Labware Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Project for Pharmica Biotechnology.
- Worked extensively with MS Office Suite, MS Visio and MS Project.
- Experience in validating Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS), and Chromatography Data System (CDS).
- Thorough knowledge of GRC regulation and policies.
- Extensive experience in reviewing and analyzing functional requirement specifications (FRS) and system requirement specifications (SRS) and writing detailed Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scripts.
- Excellent experience in working with FDA regulated environment, GxP (GCP/GLP/GMP) guidelines
- Strong Working Knowledge of SDLC, GRC 21CFR Part 11 and software FDA validation practices.
- Functional experience in Manual and Automated testing tools including planning, design and implementation of tests and test cases, integration, system and regression testing and test efforts documentation management.
- Extensive experience as a validation analyst involved in all phases of SDLC. Conversant with all aspects of computer systems validation from Requirements to System and User Acceptance Testing and change control.
- Experienced in application 21CFR part 11, GxP and CSV guidelines.
- Vast exposure with creation and implementation of test strategy and UAT.
- Good Documentation skills and well versed in all phases of Validated and non-validated testing like Test Planning, Test case estimation, Test Strategy, test case scripting and test case tracking.
- Reviewed and analyzed the data design and data flow between various interfaces from Visio documents and Design documents.
- Strong experience writing Test Plans and Test cases using requirements, use cases and design documents.
- Expertise in manual and automated testing tools (Mercury and Rational Suite of Tools).
- Experienced in software Analysis, Requirements Management, and Quality Assurance and maintain Traceability.
- Excellent Team player and capable of working independently, with excellent written-communication and interpersonal skills.
Requirement Management: JIRA, HP ALM, Clear Quest, MS Project, Rational Rose, SharePoint.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows, iOS, LINUX.
Documentation: Visio, MS Office, UML, SharePoint
Databases: Oracle 11g, MS SQL SERVER, TOAD, T-SQL DB2, Teradata.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall.
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential - Northbrook, IL
- Work with management teams, Business Process Owners and functional representatives to identify and validate business needs in order to create well-defined market requirements, business requirements, Business Cases, and CI (Competitive Intelligence) analysis associated with Company products and services.
- Performed business systems audits and control work throughout the organization. Documented requirements for configuring Confidential applications and used ERP implementation methodologies (i.e. GAP analysis, ASAP (Methodology for implementing and optimizing Confidential ), JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions).
- Provide leadership to business, technology and project management team members to ensure seamless integration of business requirements with system functionality throughout the project lifecycle
- Demonstrate competence with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), requirements management and other associated methodologies
- Anticipate, elicit, analyze, understand, validate, coordinate, document and manage business and functional requirements associated with formalized project lifecycle
- Lead groups in analyzing, designing and implementing solutions to business requirements.
- Support the implementation of large scale business systems and processes, and clearly articulate the related technical and data architecture concepts.
- Document, analyze and interpret complex business policies and processes.
- Created Use Case Development, Software Requirements Specification, Functional Specification, Caliber, RUP, UML.
- Identify and manage issues and risks related to requirements and devise strategies to address in a proactive manner.
- Manage change control for the full project requirement set after approval, so that change requests are logged, tracked, assessed, and implemented in a controlled and traceable manner.
- Perform gap analyses, analyze results, determine how to address gaps and verify recommendations with technical team members.
- Manage the business analysis efforts related to the definition, documentation, design, development and implementation of large or technically complex systems or enhancements and their associated environments.
- Oversee creation or create project-specific Business Analysis Plan and update as required.
- Manage workload to ensure all tasks and assignments are completed accurately and on-time.
- Present information effectively to customers and respond in a timely accurate manner.
- Manage data via Requirements Management Tool(s) and perform traceability tasks.
- Develop and execute overall senior leader messaging and communications to expand reach, generate ideas and increase adoption of services.
- Perform Gap Analysis on application security structures
- Ensure a process of continuous information security improvement through collection and analysis of stakeholder feedback and trend analysis
- Identify and promote opportunities to achieve continuous improvement on information security within the an operational and process context
- Document business and technical processes surrounding user access, segregation of duties, provisioning and identity management
- Project Management: Works proactively with direct teams to deliver both strategic and tactical initiatives throughout the entire SDLC
- Technical Documentation - Working with Engineering to enhance documentation and collaboration among teams.
- Successful business analysis of applications in an agile application development environment
- Assist project manager, software project manager and regional lead in defining project scope, milestones, estimation, and resource forecast.
- Represent the organization as the principal customer contact and often perform project leadership role. Interact with colleagues in industry.
- Interact with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
Confidential - Palo Alto, CA
- Gathered Business Requirements, Interacted with the Process owner's, Project Manager and other actors to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Conveyed interviews and JAD sessions to get an understanding and clarity of business processes.
- Participated in the assessment of available technologies and recommended beneficial and robust solution
- Responsible as the primary liaison between the Business, Operations and the Technical areas throughout the Project Cycle
- Analyzed and modeled the system using Data flow Diagrams and Process Development Diagram.
- Systems Documentation included Business Requirements Document (BRD), Systems Requirement Specification (SRS) and test plans using Requisitepro.
- Created "AS-IS" and "TO-BE" business process flow diagrams, Integrate process flow diagrams to show one end-to-end business model and process mapping exercise including swim lanes.
- Developed efficient test plans to validate the operating effectiveness of the general computer controls and IT entity-level controls of the organization
- Perform project management activities such as business impact analysis, forecasting, resource allocation through PPM tool
- Planned the UAT testing, test plans, test cases and worked with the business users for UAT test execution in developing the training documentation.
- Executed end-to-end business level testing and full-scale production parallel testing.
- Involved in application deployment in Pre-Prod environment ensuring the migration of data to be tested for production parallel testing
- Used JIRA to maintain and track the requested enhancements and changes
- Used SQL queries commands like distinct, where, joins to retrieve and organize database.
- Build and customized reports using Credit Derivatives and Fixed Income Derivatives Crystal Reports from information sources such as Oracle and created a highly automated system for handling approvals, exceptions and priorities.
- Created Project management plans for managing on time delivery using MS Project along with writing test cases, unit and systems integration test plans in Test Director
- Generated Reports using Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts to show the attributes that are currently being solved through an IT build
- Participated in plans for Business Process Reengineering and was responsible for deriving requirements, process flow from many sources and formulating them into concise requirements.
Confidential - San Jose, CA
- Facilitate stakeholder discussions, document agreements, and manage action items to closure
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Facilitate and lead stakeholder discussions, document agreements, and manage action items to closure
- Facilitate updates from all stakeholders on project schedules, actual and projected costs, and work break down structures
- Deliver project needs on time and within the agreed acceptance criteria in a hybrid methodology environment
- (Waterfall and Agile Methodologies)
- Operate in a three-week sprint cycle with flexibility on length based on immediate functionality requirements
- Organize and facilitate Agile and Scrum meetings, which included Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Check-
- In and Sprint Review
- Liaise between the business and personnel to ensure proper understanding of requested enhancements
- Clarified business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders
- Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies
- Experience developing business processes, capability needs, business requirements, and business information models
- Experience with functional decomposition of large business needs into multiple layers of requirements/user stories
- Experience conducting interviews with stakeholders to gather pertinent information
- Working knowledge of all elements of the software development life cycle, including Planning, Development,
- Requirements Management, CM, Quality Assurance and Release Management
- Translated stakeholder requirements into tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, user cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, Data flow/Data Modeling diagrams, design specifications
- Document and maintain business requirements in Rational Requirements Composer and ensured appropriate traceability to work requests
- Monitored project progress by continuously tracking activity, resolving issues, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions
- Facilitate decision-making on scope planning, helped generate LOE's and schedule revisions for releases
- Participate and provide full support during User Acceptance Testing
- Provide support and maintenance when application is in production
- Assist in providing full software development life cycle (SDLC) effort during mid-release requests
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Facilitate document analysis, design workshops, surveys, use cases, and workflow analysis for gathering business requirements.
- Maintain Business Requirements Document and System Requirements Document.
- Facilitate business re-engineering to implement long term business objectives.
- Remodel ETL batch jobs to produce XML data which is used to load the enrolment/ benefit data into the customer facing application.
- Identify KPIs, design SQL scripts and engineer Business Intelligence views for client software systems
- Document and manage business requirements using HP ALM.
- Deliver periodical progress reports to the Product Owner.
- Develop macros, lookups and SQL scripts for analysis and research purposes.
- Work closely with management to effectively manage schedules and deadlines.
- Maintain drafts for enhancements using MS Project.
- Monitor requirements traceability matrix (RTM) to ensure that all the business requirements are traced to one or more test cases.
- Collaborate with QA and Developers to clarify functionality, resolve issues and manage defects.
- Ensure FACETS output generation and interface development for the migration project.
- Verify compliance with Health & Human Services (HHS) policies (i.e HIPAA, ACA, CHIP, TANF, Medicare and Medicaid).
- Created project processes and templates that allowed the project team to operate within a variant of agile methodologies, while executive leadership required more traditional reporting.
- Responsible for Loading Requirements and Test Cases into HP Quality centre and mapping of Requirements and Test cases.
- Interacting with the stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather requirements.
- Managed Requirement documenting and analyzing high priority requirement for implementation; Created BRD, functional Requirement documentation and use case documents.
- Getting resources / budget approved from executive sponsor and being the primary contact in project execution.
- Proven methodology to conduct JAD sessions and design review for successful implementation of project.
- Responsible to capture and submit report and dashboard of profit and revenue related data to senior management.
- Experience in project planning, business analysis, process management, contingency planning, change control and root cause analysis.
- Interacted with business owners, project stakeholders and cross-functional teams in defining project charter, providing estimates, scope management, resource management, change management, vendor management and risk management.
- Interaction with the business users in understanding the current application and process
- Manage and document cross-functional current and future workflow processes, Standard Operating procedures (SOP), and information system process diagrams using SharePoint
- Facilitate Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and Software Requirement Specification (SRS) reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Developed Test scenarios/Test cases with the QA team and executed them manually in HP Quality centre
- Conducted weekly status meetings and sent out status reports and action items documents
- Establish standards and organize information on internal team SharePoint site
- Support management monitor control activities and associated documentation updates.