Accomplished Data Analyst/Systems Analyst with over 25 years of experience analyzing and managing large enterprise software development projects. Demonstrated success collaborating with technical and business professionals to define, analyze, and document business and system requirements, including data validation and mapping. Capable of evaluating systems and requirements to create use cases, user stories, and design documents. Proven track record of managing and leading successful, on - time, on-budget implementations of complex software packages as a Project Manager. Expertise in defining risks, managing change to requirements, and identifying potential scope creep. Adept at creating and executing overall project and system test plans. Proficient at leveraging resources within a team environment, and utilizing various methodologies to achieve client business objectives.
- Served as Agile Product Owner on Digital Dialog Portal project and led team during Program Increment Planning to create program boards and capture objectives, risks, and dependencies on other systems.
- Gathered requirements through meetings with business and stakeholders, and then created user stories in Rally and Jira software.
- Held grooming sessions with Development and Quality Assurance teams to review and collaborate on requirements in the user stories.
- Analyzed API requests and responses to assure correct data was passed between the quoting systems and customer portal.
- Ran many queries on customer accounts, services, tickets, etc., to assist in writing user stories, and system testing.
- Searched MyLevel3 Portal log data in Splunk software to troubleshoot API issues and other problems as they arose.
- Created traffic studies for various scenarios to assist Interconnect Billing Team and build-out of client’s network.
- Ran various queries to uncover fraud amongst subscribers using SQL and SONAR data analytics software.
- Designed and administered reports for regulatory filings for Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Created complex Excel spreadsheets with formulas, pivot tables, lookups, etc. before presenting to management
- Created test cases and performed UAT on releases of SONAR software. Validated system data on modifications to database.
- Created invoices to bill other telecom organizations for reciprocal compensation.
- Generated reports to validate incoming invoices. Verified that invoices were aggregated and rated accurately.
- Produced reports to track new product offerings for senior management in order to determine if they were generating proper revenue dollars.
Project Manager/Analyst Consultant
- Led the project for the conversion of an acquired company’s legacy billing system into current billing system, ensuring successful delivery in line with business needs.
- Validated that all types of usage were rated correctly, and ensured that usage was not dropped.
- Created and executed overall project and system test plans and tracked results throughout the project.
- Verified that all recurring and non-recurring charges for all converted accounts were correct.
- Maintained issue log and tracking and followed-up on issues until resolution.
- Led the implementations of telecom interconnect billing software (InBill) for new clients, and supported all US clients that used InBill software.
- Created and tracked project plans to ensure successful on-time implementations of InBill to support clients’ requirements.
- Composed requirements that satisfied the goals of the client while considering the timelines and scope of a given project.
- Conducted analysis on customers’ usage data and validated that all critical fields were populated correctly and usage was rated accurately.
- Managed scope and change requests through documentation and introduced alternative solutions that mitigated scope creep.
- Troubleshot client issues, prepared design documents, and configured the InBill software.
- Coordinated with internal development team on delivery of new functionality of the software.
- Ran usage rating and billing cycles for multiple service bureau clients.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Executed on multiple successful projects with different clients over this time period as a Project Manager and Business Analyst.
- Implemented QuickBase applications (internet-based collaborative systems) for multiple clients.
- Generated business requirements and use cases after holding formal and informal meetings with business owners.
- Assisted the Business Development Team in obtaining additional work.
- As the Data Infrastructure Project Manager; led multiple teams that integrated an acquired company’s network and systems into Corporate Express’s within an 8-month timeframe.
- Merged the email systems into a single system. Linked the acquired company’s network to Corporate Express’s which allowed access to systems across both networks.
- Terminated approximately 130 sites throughout the US. Installed new frame circuits for approximately 45 remaining sites.
- Managed the standardization of data equipment, and consolidated systems platforms.
- Led five consultants to implement a new product line into Kenan (Customer Care/Billing) software.
- Configured new products, rates, and discounts for the new line. Created a custom GUI and rating program to feed pre-rated usage into Kenan, and converted existing customers.
- Led system testing and user acceptance testing. Provided weekly status reports to upper management.
- Managed a team of consultants that implemented Kenan software for Broadwing Communications and Excel Communications.
- Built a data model of the clients’ products, rates, and discounts based on their requirements.
- Designed client’s invoice format and coordinated on-time delivery of the chosen format with the development team.
- Converted three different clients’ legacy system data into Kenan software.
- Configured and maintained data from Kenan software to clients’ general ledger system.
- Prepared writing specific reports and reporting extracts. Educated clients and configured software. Resolved various client issues and delivered software patches for new client-specific functionality.
- Led eight consultants on the implementation of Y2K compliant Confidential accounts payable and purchase order systems.
- Created and executed a system test strategy that ensured systems were Y2K compliant while the functionality of the systems remained the same.
- Directed a team of seven members who performed multiple daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly batch cycles.
- Produced and executed project plans, established the test environment, and developed test plans.
- Collaborated with Confidential consultants; implemented software for Confidential ’s web hosting and corporate invoice customers.
- Designed and developed Confidential ’s invoice and composed the integration point’s analysis document.
- Converted the client’s data into Kenan software.
- Configured adjustments, modified database triggers and provided ongoing production support.
- Evaluated telecommunications billing systems; analyzed and gained knowledge of a new software product, Arbor/BP.
- Became highly educated on the software in order to lead future implementations of the product. Analyzed the product and marketplace to determine areas in which the software could be further developed.
- Installed Kenan Arbor/BP software at Confidential ’s Advanced Software Engineering Center and trained other Confidential consultants on the system.