- Proven Project Manager / Business Analyst with a strong ability to grasp complex business concepts and translate from the business perspective into the technical understanding for requirement’s documentation.
- Experienced in all phases of SDLC from initiation of the project through analysis, development, implementation and production support.
- Proficient at working in both Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Adept at working with users and development teams, including onshore, offshore, and consultants, as well as cross - functional teams within the organization.
- Technical background with the ability to evaluate high level architecture down to the detail design and code to document requirements, business rules, technical design, data flow, test plans, test result verification, training documentation and Management Status Reporting.
- Recognized for attention to detail and accuracy of the data for a successful project.
- Proven history of managing and mentoring global Development teams, as well as cross-functional teams within the organization throughout each phase of the project life cycle.
- Ensured that the global development, support teams and Users followed the SDLC project life cycle, applied Best Practices, reduced risk, and had proper controls to eliminate errors when implementing changes to the systems.
- Performed code reviews, developed test plans, reviewed test results, and conducted
- User Acceptance testing, provided impact analysis, and training for system enhancements.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Senior Business Analyst - Consultant
- Sr Business Analyst creating project initiation requests, scope documents, gathering requirements, developing use cases and test scripts for Managed Investments for the entire project lifecycle using Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Projects include compliance disclosures for offshore funds, requirements for voice recognition software evaluation, IRS abandoned property disbursements, trade redesign, automation of manual procedures and performance validation for SLA with clients.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Successful Collaborator, served as Liaison between the clients, developers and infrastructure teams to create cohesive communication that created project requirements to reduce human error, enhance the systems for new bank regulations, stricter compliance rules and improve productivity.
Project Lead / Business Analyst
- Using in-house reporting utility and SQL to perform data analysis to understand and document the Controllers business processes for identification of gaps to develop automated solutions to reduce the effort and risk introduced by performing manual steps.
- The final product included the technical requirements, business process workflows, design, impact analysis, and proof of concept for project initiation, budget, resource requirements, time estimates, funding, and prioritization.
SAP FICO Workstream Lead
- Adept at managing and mentoring multiple Development teams, including onshore, offshore, and consultants, as well as cross-functional teams within the organization creating global teams that used the ‘follow the sun’ approach to maximize team efficiency resulting in better performance completing projects on time and budget providing maximum client service.
Core Ledger Project Manager / Lead
- IT project lead (team of 10) for the successful implementation of the SAP General Ledger product including in-depth understanding and knowledge of ECC/ECS for gathering and documenting the detail requirements, gap analysis between Legacy GL and of the SAP GL ECC / ECS components, prioritizing enhancements, created and maintained the development/testing/implementation plans, project status reporting and managing the IBM FICO SAP Consultants.
SAP Data Project Manager
- Collaboration of the virtual technical and business teams (4 teams, 11 team members) to develop the functional requirements for the Controllers sign-off process, the back bridging of the SAP data into the existing reports, new control reports to show the SAP Chart of Accounts vs the Legacy GL Chart of Accounts for the Attestation of the balances.
- Identification of the downstream applications and users of General Ledger data, performed impact analysis, created training materials, provided training for the development project teams and worked with them to determine the high-level estimate and budget for system enhancements to use the SAP Code-block and data.
- Created presentation to the GL Steering Committee for planning of the SAP Adoption Strategy for planning and prioritization for the 3-year project.
Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Managed the Global Virtual team of Controllers, Infrastructure, Support, and Development Teams (12 team members); coordinated and facilitated meetings to discuss the required steps to streamline the month end process.
- Created the Business and Technical Proposal Presentation for Senior Management with tactical and strategic initiatives for reduction of effort and time by 2 days for Quarter-end Financials.
- Facilitated meetings and led discussions for the Application Assessment of Finance Tech applications to determine the state of the environment (300 systems /applications) and categorize the systems into buy, sell or hold for future strategic initiatives and enhancements.
- The deficiencies highlighted and gaps in processing was the bases for three major strategic initiatives and projects in Finance Technology and the purchase of a new General Ledger System, SAP GL.
- Chart of Accounts Analysis: developed knowledge sharing white papers for the Sub-ledger to General Ledger processing by holding workshops with the Business Unit Controllers to document the detailed business processing and became the foundation for SAP requirements, SAP customization, and training materials.
IT Development Project Leader, Vice President
- Key part of the management team that interviewed developers to create the new teams in for the General Ledger, Fixed Assets and P&L development teams.
- We also identified key personal to create a dedicated global support team (8 transferred).
- Created the application training material, best practices / standards documentation and led the training session for the GL (4), Fixed Assets and P&L (4) teams. Spent time in each of the locations working with the GL team (11 team members) and Fixed Assets team (2 team members) to get them up to speed quickly due major projects required due to becoming a bank.
- Market conditions forced a staff reduction for the GL team from 4 FTEs & 7 consultants to the 4 new FTEs.
- During this time 2 major projects were in progress and the new hires did 85% of the work.