- Project Manager and Certified Scrum Master with more than 9 years of technology experience in Financial and Supply Chain Industry, managing large software development projects that meet demanding time restraints and exceed expectations. Demonstrated ability to motive, organize, lead and coach Scrum teams across multiple geographical locations.
- Worked with geographically dispersed teams in implementing Agile Framework with Scrum events like Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Experience working in Scaled Agile environment with Scrum of Scrums (SoS) and Waterfall methodology. Knowledge of other scaled agile frameworks such as SAFe and LeSS.
- Experience in configuring JIRA, setting project specific workflows, and integrating applications from Atlassian marketplace.
- Published Agile reports such as Burndown Chart, Burnup Chart, Velocity Chart, and Sprint Report to Stakeholders and senior management.
- Collaborated closely with Product Owner on backlog refinement to keep product backlog relevant and prioritized, ensuring acceptance criteria were agreed upon and stories were ready for sizing.
- Created custom Dashboards and Sprint reports from data using JIRA Query Language (JQL).
- Accomplished Servant Leader, consensus builder, and planner that motivates team, takes an active role as a counselor and coaches team members. Excellent time management, project planning, and team building skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills with all stakeholders from senior technical leadership to product owners and development team.
Tools: JIRA, Trello, Confluence, Azure DevOps, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, SharePoint
Software: Microsoft Office (Project, PowerPoint, Word, Notes), SQL
- Worked as a Technical Scrum Master on Accounting & Financial Management module, facilitating and managing Transaction and Billing teams that were Geographically dispersed.
- Interacted regularly with Product Managers to prioritize the backlog and ensure MVP commitment as per team’s capacity. Facilitated Design Reviews for new features. Maintained Capacity Planning sheet.
- As part of Test - Driven Development (TDD), ensured that the Test Cases were created by QE team and reviewed by Developers prior to start of Development on the story.
- Planned Maintenance Releases, including Defect/Bug management, committing bugs to appropriate release version, and assigning developers.
- Enabled and facilitated Agile teams to conduct all Scrum ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Daily stand-up, Sprint reviews and Retrospectives.
- Attended Sync-up calls with Senior Management and ensured team is aware of Sprint priorities and timelines. Helped team to achieve Sprint goals by removing blockers and impediments.
- Introduced the concept of Fun Retrospective to enable Team members to openly discuss feedback in safe environment. Ensured that action items are captured, assigned, and followed up after the retrospective.
- Created multiple Dashboards in Azure DevOps to provide visibility on team’s progress.
- Validated Git code check-ins, followed up with Dev Approvers, reviewed/approved Pull Requests from Scrum Master perspective to ensure correct feature branch is used when code is merged to Master branch, and reached out to Dev with corresponding Pull Requests when Automated Build failed.
- Represented team in Scrum of Scrums meeting to manage dependencies with other teams like Architecture Team and Reporting Team.
Environment: Azure DevOps, TFS, Git, SQL, Microsoft Office, Planning Poker, Confluence, Jenkins
Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Worked as Project Manager/Scrum Master on projects related to service verification and machine learning.
- Created and Maintained Project plans, staffing, scheduling, milestones, and budgeting.
- Conducted all Scrum ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Daily stand-up, Sprint reviews and Retrospectives. Utilized Planning Poker to estimate JIRA stories.
- Created and shared multiple sprint reports with Stakeholders (Burndown Chart, Burnup Chart, Sprint Chart, Epic Report and Velocity Chart). Maintained Capacity Planning sheet.
- Worked closely with Development Team and Product Owner to create Definition of Done (DoD)/Definition of Ready (DoR) as living documents.
- Created JIRA projects, configured JIRA workflows and integrated 3rd party applications from Atlassian marketplace like Planning Poker and Checklist for JIRA.
- Managed resource allocation to the projects. Ensured communication between Stakeholders through regular touchpoints. Utilizing deep Agile knowledge and experience, moved the teams to Agile maturity by implementing Agile Framework (Scrum ceremonies) and through multiple improvements.
- Created Risk Mitigation Plans, developed Strategy in alignment with Business Plans.
- As Scrum Master, brought Agile Transformation, maintained product backlog and roadmap.
- Utilized Jira Query Language (JQL) to create custom reports.
- Worked on Backlog refinement with Product Owner to keep the product backlog relevant and concise.
- Worked with product owner to write user stories.
Environment: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Note, Teams), JIRA, Git, JQL, Planning Poker, Trello, Confluence, SQL, Jenkins (CI/CD pipeline), Salesforce, AWS
- Facilitated scrum ceremonies across 2 teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospectives and Backlog Refinement). Worked in Scaled Agile environment with Scrum of Scrums (SoS).
- Served as a Servant Leader, provided effective collaboration, leadership and coaching to support successful, high quality delivery of software solutions.
- Tracked the Team’s progress through Burn Down metrics and Velocity charts. Utilized Sprint Capacity report to estimate resource allocation for a given Sprint.
- Maintained Kanban boards to manage Production Support issues and UAT bugs.
- Facilitated teams working in Test Driven Environment (TDD).
- Designed Agile KPI’s for project visibility and represented it to the leadership.
- Created Capacity Calculator Template for the team.
- Managed geographically dispersed team on an Onsite/Offshore model.
- Monitored and Managed dependencies on other teams to ensure potential issues are resolved.
- Protected development teams from outside distraction, impediments, or team conflicts and maintain focus on product backlog project timeline.
Environment: Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerPoint, JIRA, BitBucket/Git, SQL, Kanban, Cucumber, FitNesse
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Developed Project Plans with forecasts, estimates and resource assignment.
- Ensured that the projects are on-time, in-budget, and met the business goals.
- Collaborated with project sponsors to provide project task estimation, budget and schedule for the project using Gantt Chart (in MS Project) with business stakeholders and development team.
- Updated project sponsor, stakeholders, and PMO with regular status meetings providing status for business case, schedule, budget, and scope. Created risk mitigation plans, work break structure (WBS).
- Conducted market research and product evaluations, and developed technical specifications, requests for offer (RFOs), and requests for proposals (RFPs) for the purchase of information systems and project management products and services.
- Ensured QA test cases are created in HP Quality Center and comprehensive testing is carried out (including regression and UAT) prior to software releases. Created Release Plan, managed Release related Risks, and initiated Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to prevent re-occurrence of the issue.
- Acquired resources or help needed to achieve projects objectives by forging relationships with various teams.
- Worked along with Business Analysts to capture business requirements.
Environment: SQL, JIRA, Microsoft Project, HP Quality Center, SharePoint