- Enhance Business Performance through Design, Development, Implementation & Management of Information Systems, from Project Inception through Conclusion
- Resolve complex business and technical issues with advanced analytics and recommendations as subject matter expert (SME) with 20+ years’ experience built on (BBA) in Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Bridge conversations between development team and end - users; translate business requirements to technical audiences.
- Drive process improvements that optimize operations to meet quality standards with timely, data-driven and informative reports.
Information Systems | Project Management | Software Development Lifecycle | Agile | Waterfall |SQL |Billing Applications Data Dictionaries | Entity Relationship Diagrams | Use Cases | Activity Diagrams | Process Diagrams | UML | BPMN Conceptual Wire Frames | User Guides Cost/Benefit Analysis | GAP Analysis | Technical Documentation | Artifact Documents Specification Documents | API Documentation | Online Documentation | Sitemap Documentation |Markdown Language
Analytic Skills: Blueworks Live, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Trello, IBM Rational ClearQuest, ClearCase, Requisite Pro, Seapine, Test Track Pro, JIRA/Confluence, Microsoft TFS, Moqups, Swagger UI
Technical Skills: VB.net, T-SQL/PL-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, COBOL, BillSoft (EZTax/EZGeo), JCL, MKDocs, Swagger, Markdown Language, JSON, YAML
Confidential, Addison, Texas
Technical Business Analyst
- Analyzed existing applications to identify possible areas for improvement.
- Documented findings for executives and development team.
- Performed gap analysis for existing client apps/processes and documented them for the development team.
- Designed database prototypes. Developed entity relationship diagrams and data dictionaries for new applications.
- Created API documentation using OpenAPI/Swagger Specification.
- Produced sitemap documentation for new/existing client applications.
- Converted existing traditional documentation to online documentation with MKDocs using markdown language.
Confidential, Coppell, Texas
Business Analyst, Enterprise Analytics
- Designed documentation and presentations for executive leadership team for high-level insight into business processes. developed user guides.
- Created data dictionaries for existing data warehouses.
- Documented forecast models and machine learning models for use by the ELT, Enterprise Analytics team, and external clients.
- Developed presentations for SVP to present to ELT involving project proposals, updates, and postmortems.
- Used Visio to create business processes, business flow diagrams and workflow diagrams.
- Facilitated delivery of successfully completed projects; coordinated efforts between development, DBA and Enterprise Analytics.
- Managed projects, including project plans and product timelines, using multiple methodologies.
- Collaborated with team members and cross-functional departments to review existing processes and systems to create more efficient solutions.
- Performed Cost/Benefit Analysis, Process Mapping, and leveraged SQL to design and develop new tables/procedures/views/schemas.
- Created artifacts using IBM Blueworks adhering to BPMN 2.0 standards.
- Used BPMN to illustrate existing processes during performance reviews and to propose more efficient processes during process re-designs.
- Eliminated manual interaction with websites, increased task efficiency, improved coverage, and realized savings of:
- Spearheaded CMAX Implementation, data mapping for 24 data templates provided by Core Logic; wrote test cases for data validation between Fiserv and CMAX following data transfer.
Confidential, Denton, Texas
Systems Analyst /Data Architect
- Develop requirements, document processes, and solidify relationships between stakeholders and clients through technical expertise for start-up non-profit organization.
- Formulated use cases and wireframes for use by development team as part of 10-member contractor team in agile environment.
- Hired as developer and assumed expanded role.
- Created entity relationship diagrams and data dictionaries for the development team for new applications.
- Created process flows to document the decisions and stages of new applications.
- Created and executed black box and white box test cases to ensure the accuracy of development.
- Acted as subject matter expert (SME) for multiple products between end users and the development team.
- Expedited efforts by development team following initial setbacks; readily navigated reduction in staff from 15 to 2.
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
- Facilitated transition from older legacy systems to user-friendly system ; created documents for use by development, in-house users, and 3rd-party vendors. Instituted repeatable processes. Defined backlogged items to be scoped for current and future builds.
- Created requirements for integration of end-to-end customer-retention management (CRM) solution into point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Performed GAP analysis for state roll outs in order to upgrade from the legacy system to the new system.
- Mentored any new and existing business analysts on understanding the business, any processes and how to be more effective when interacting with other business groups.
- Elicited requirements from business SME’s.
- Updated and created Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Conceptual Wire frames, Supporting Artifact documents (Technical Spec Doc) and Report Specifications.