- A self - motivated and focused senior Business Analyst with over 6 years of experience in banking, financial and insurance industry
- Extensive experience in gathering business and functional requirements, developing use cases, and creating test cases.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand the business process and functional requirements and translate them to System Requirement Specifications (SRS) by preparing business requirement document (BRD) and functional requirement document (FRD)
- In depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications
- Skilled in transforming Mockup into Product backlog items/user stories
- Well versed in SAFE Agile Framework and lead multiple projects though SAFE lifecycle
- Experience with all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD), project meetings, reviews and walkthroughs
- Extremely customer focused and results-oriented with focus on on-time delivery of projects and team coordination
- Versatile team player with excellent analytical, problem solving, oral communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
Senior Business Analyst
- Coordinated all Scrum ceremonies including Sprint Planning Sessions, Retrospective Meetings, Daily Standup Meetings, Sprint Demos, Story Grooming and Release Planning
- Worked consistently with developers and designers to make sure the plan is carried out efficiently
- Creating the Use-Cases for the new system for the Development Team to provide rough estimates
- Kept the stakeholder updated on the progress of the project
- Writing user stories, developing acceptance criteria, prioritizing stories and helping team to understand the requirements
- Be a subject matter expert on the assigned domain helping translate and simplify business statements
- Responsible for grooming User Stories with the team
- Worked closely with Product Owners to coordinate product backlog grooming and story estimation
- Assisted in closing gaps for associated stories in each individual Sprints
- Detail out acceptance criteria for stories
- Involved with the QA team to fix the defects tracked in UAT and integrate the final build to the production environment
- Involved in Acceptance Testing for user Stories
- Involvement in all phases of project such as Initiation, Planning, Execution, Defect tracking and Closure
- Participated in PI planning event each quarter
- Worked closely with Product Owners and Systems Architect to refine epics/features
- Worked with Front End Developer to develop a prototype
- Used JIRA and Rally to craft and update stories/epics
- Ran Daily Scrums, Retrospectives and Demos for 2 weeks Sprints/iterations
- Used virtual LeanCoffees and brainstorming techniques for inclusive Retros across the world
- Created virtual, as well as, physical Sprint Boards
Business System Analyst
- Worked closely with product owners to gather requirements
- Managed daily defects using MLQC
- Participated in High Level Design (HLD) reviews with the system engineers to build a proof of concept
- Gathered Requirements by conducting JAD sessions & individual interviews with business users
- Prepared technical design documents based on business requirements
- Tracked the progress of the requirements assigned to team members and helped them to close the technical and functional issues
- Documented Use Case Scenarios & Activity diagrams for the various functionalities
- Wrote extensive interface specifications for the project
- Worked with business users to compile the access levels for the end users
- Responsible for epic (feature) grooming for each PI
- Led the story grooming sessions with the business and development team
- Worked on creation of Training Manuals & gave demos to the end-users
- Burn down metrics and velocity
Business System Analyst
- Gathered and documented business requirements from user groups, stakeholders and vendors by conducting interviews and discussions sessions.
- Attended daily Scrum Meeting to walk through the daily work, Retrospective meeting to submit the completed task with Business team and planning meeting to capture the requirements which should be done in following Sprint in accordance with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Stored requirements with appropriate acceptance criteria in Jira and assign the task to team members.
- Extensively involved in conducting JAD sessions with different business units and application development team.
- Prepare and process wire transfer working with EFT
- Thoroughly understand the accounting processes that Confidential uses from Loan Origination, Mortgage Servicing to Loan Payoff/Selloff
- Involved in assisting the business groups to provide support for Business Intelligence toolsets like OBIEE
- Provided Gap Analysis, Cost/benefit analysis and understanding the business perspectives on many financial and operational issues.
- Involved in collecting customer data from the legacy systems and developing the data dictionaries
- Involved in developed prototype of new information processing application module
- Created source to target mapping documents with validation rules
- Validated data loaded by ETL process before delivery to users
- Liaison between development team and business users
- Involved in preparing detailed test plan and test cases based of functional requirements using ALM/Quality Center for the business requirements verification and validation.
- Worked as a Liaison between QA team and Business Units involved in the application development for better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Involved in Change Control procedures using Clear Quest and reports to track process of repairs and determine the current quality of the application.
- Wrote SQL queries for data manipulations.
- Used JIRA for requirement tracking and management
- Developed test scripts and performed the System and User acceptance testing (UAT).