- Senior Business Analyst/Implementation Lead with excellent training and broad experience in ensuring that systems are developed to support business objectives. Well versed in web and mobile technologies. Strong communicator and consensus builder, equally comfortable interacting with business users, technical staff, or senior management. Comfortable with various project management approaches. Experienced trainer in all aspects of business analysis discipline. Industry experience: Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Auction, Insurance/Reinsurance (P&C, Life, Health), E - Commerce, HR/Timekeeping, Accounting.
- Organized and creative professional with strong workflow analysis and process improvement capabilities. Extensive background in structured business analysis and documentation, process mapping and re-engineering, and software testing. Solid working experience with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, use case/user story documentation, data modeling and UML modeling techniques.
- Experienced in “bridging the gap” between business and technical communities.
- Extensive experience with external vendor collaboration.
- Excellent ability to zoom in and out on a topic, generating both micro- and macro-level insights.
- Excellent knowledge of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) and strong working experience in developing and delivering BABOK-aligned training programs.
- Structures the analysis of the problem and solution options in a manner that results in a timely and complete outcome. Expert in expediting projects with very tight timelines. Experienced in identifying risks and developing mitigation solutions.
- Understands all major phases of a software development project (SDLC) including requirements capture, analysis and design, implementation, and testing.
- Quick learner with an ability to rapidly gain an understanding of specifics of a business, assimilate job requirements and employ new methods and technologies.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills. Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team environments. Requires little supervision and direction from management. Maintains a high energy level, drive and enthusiasm to achieve company and personal objectives.
- Overseeing gathering and documenting of high-level business needs for the purposes of global alignment and vendor selection for developing a long-term comprehensive technology solution
- Collaborating closely with the consulting vendor team
- Developing vendor questionnaire and scoring materials
- Active participation in the current state assessment and definition of globally agreed upon future state
- Active participation in the RFI/RFP process, assessing vendor responses to questionnaires and evaluating vendor products.
- Initiating and leading the effort of building interim internal solutions for Clinical Operations to maintain study information for Investigator Initiated and Company Sponsored studies which included obtaining management’s endorsement, requirements gathering and documenting and transitioning the knowledge to the IT team.
- Initiating and leading the process of implementing of risk management best practices for above initiatives.
- Initiating and developing working instruction to streamline initiation of IT initiatives in GMA.
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
Senior Business Analyst
- Enabling data sharing data protection that transcends the operating systems, browsers, database engines, data source system through the implementation of business process re-engineering, encryption tools and practices, product/tool enhancements, and process automation where applicable
- Formalizing file protection requirements across all business units at the Confidential product (application) level to build out the overarching solution framework that addresses email and electronic mis-delivery incidents
- Documenting use cases and process touchpoints that may not readily map to a systematic or process driven solution; ensuring risk for these latter scenarios is documented, communicated, formally accepted, and slated for monitoring
- Formulating solution options, roadmap, policies enhancements, etc.
Confidential, East Hanover, NJ
Senior Business Analyst/Product Owner
- Coordinated activities for three business workstreams by creating and managing product roadmap, release planning, maintaining backlog, triaging issues and production deployment
- Coordinated deliverables and project milestones with external vendor
- Defined detailed business process maps and workflows in collaboration with business stakeholders and provided inputs into respective SOPs
- Produced comprehensive user requirements specification (URS) consisting of functional requirements, business rules catalog, data dictionary, wireframe designs as well as UML and BPMN visual models
- Facilitated and obtained business sign off on URS
- Created and maintained action items and risk logs
- Led data migration and system interfaces workstream including development of such associated deliverables as data mapping and interface requirements documentation
- Developed a user acceptance test plan and test scripts to support end-users in UAT testing
- Monitored defect triaging in BugZero defect tracking tool
- Worked closely with the training vendor to provide input and feedback with regards to the content of multiple role-based user training manuals
- Led various system demos and presentations to Country Champions as part of Change Management/System Rollout effort