- Technical Business Analyst with over 23 years’ expertise in Information Technology (IT), with an emphasis on systems integration.
- Extensive experience across the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including analysis, testing and production implementation.
- Strengths proven in large collaborative projects involving custom and packaged applications and different platforms.
- Able to work with all impacted systems for effective partnership. Respected, “go - to” problem solver able to analyze and resolve technical issues, and often avoiding issues later down a project timeline; known for rolling up sleeves, sitting down, figuring it out and getting it working, very well.
Programming: webMethods Developer 8.2.2, webMethods Designer 8.2.2, Trading Networks 8.2, MWS, JMS Queues, Adapters, XML, WSDL, COBOL, SQL, CL
Operating Systems: AS/400-iSeries, Windows, Unix
Software: SoapUI 4.5.2, Eclipse, HP Quality Center, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook), SecureCRT, FileZilla, Reflections
Business Analyst / Senior Programmer
- while simultaneously fulfilling normal duties, chosen to be IT lead on the integration aspects of this multi-year, multi-$M project because of background and knowledge of integration, in order to enable diverse business functions to share data more effectively.
- The result: solid analysis and design that gave units and locations across the business both harmonized data and a consolidated view of data, to meet business needs of all functions across North America.
- Defined and documented functional specifications, test scripts and use cases/scenarios for project interfaces:
- Successfully developed functional specifications for Customer Consolidation and Harmonization, by identifying new interface requirements and necessary modifications to existing applications, and by collaborating with Subject Matter Experts on existing
Business Analyst / Senior ProgrammerConfidential
- Delivered a “single version of truth” keeping customer data synchronized between all systems by architecting, by designing and documenting business requirements (including traceability for 33 distinct interfaces across 6 integration layers) to implement well-defined, controlled, timely and sustainable master data processes and tools enabling effective operations in changing conditions.
- Point of contact for all aspects of SDLC process for custom integration application and webMethods. Created and submitted architecture, requirements and technical design documentation for project work.
- Led legacy integration effort (analysis, multiple rounds of testing and implementation) to support creating a new company with a complete set of IT applications from the 1st day following divestiture of Confidential - Confidential Enterprises European divisions, copying all existing code and migrating it to the new company’s hardware on time, within budget and with operational success.
- Removed the 24 hour delay of data loads by analyzing, developing, testing and implementing 4 real-time interfaces to replace batch processing for a Service Technicians’ route planning system.
- Rewrote legacy business-critical inventory system interfaces in webMethods, processing over 100,000 transactions per day in a fashion so smooth that users didn’t notice the work until after completion, and FTP security audit issues were resolved as well.
- Managed a team of 3 developers, conducting analysis, verifying technical specifications, confirming coding and moving changes to production, to provide optimal, supportable solutions in a highly complex environment.
- Built a bench of talent by successfully training and mentoring teams both onsite and remote: a group in India (including support with questions and mentoring when a new process began); 3 groups (development offshore, support offshore, and the responsible lead) to pick up previous work; and developers in webMethods.
- Managed and documented entry and completion of QA test/use cases and defects using the HP Quality Center tool to support multiple rounds of integration testing and User Acceptance testing to ensure issue-free code implementations.