- About 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with good knowledge in eliciting, analyzing, and documenting the requirements for business processes, and information systems.
- Worked as a liaison between stakeholders and the development team to understand the business needs, and opportunities in the context of requirements gathering and recommend technology solutions that add values, and as well facilitated the achievement of the organization objectives.
- Possess strong analytical abilities and proven leadership qualities.
- Good knowledge in creating, and maintaining the strategic partnership between the business needs, and Technology delivery in an Agile Scrum, and Rational Unified Process (RUP) development environment.
- Understanding in creating process modeling using different types of Unified Modeling Language (UML) standard diagrams; this includes Use - Cases, and Sequence, and Work flow process and diagrams.
- Ability to effectively communicate the business requirements to all stakeholders’, clients’, while supporting and corroborating with the development team in testing, Implementation compliance.
- Good team player with excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess Great Presentation skills and Flexibility in adapting to different types of work environments.
- Excellent written and Verbal Communication skills
- Knowledge of formal business process documentation
Microsoft Tools: MS-Office Suite Access, Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Methodologies: Agile - Scrum, RUP, and Waterfall Methodology
Requirements Management: Rational Requisite Pro, Blueprint
Process Modeling: MS Visio, Axure, Pencil, Tableau, Draw io, Jira, SQL
Collaboration: Google Docs, Zoom, GoToMeeting
Languages: SQL Series
- Project Description: This project is about implementing an automated claim adjudicating system for policyholders, general users, and healthcare professionals, including claims encounter protocols. The project was divided into 3 Releases. I was a part of the first release as a Business Analyst, which involved implementing of Claims intake processes. The Main Actors of the intake processes were - Members, Healthcare Providers, and the Bank.
- Gathered High -Level Business Requirements (HILBERs) from clients and stakeholders through the interview process.
- Created and developed Business Requirements Document (BRD), and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Analyzed and managed cross-functional existing/planned business processes impacts.
- Developed feasibility, and project risk analysis to ensure requirements can be met.
- Analyzed and segregated business requirements into high - level and low -level Use-Cases, using Microsoft Visio.
- Wrote Use-Cases descriptions including pre-conditions, assumptions, normal flows, alternative flows, post-conditions, notes, and issues.
- Coordinated Virtual Meetings with business clients, stakeholders, end- users, and various development teams including testers to discuss project progression reports and to gather new requirements.
- Identified and created Use Case diagrams with business process workflow and diagrams including Activity, and Sequence.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features, architectures, and functions to assess the scope and impact of business needs throughout the analysis and through the completion of all enhancement specifications.
- Conducted Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions for communicating with all project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Documented Requirements, Test Plan, Test Cases, Defects and Change Controls in Quality Center.
- Communicated the project status to clients bi-weekly, highlighted changes made in requirements, and gathered new requirements.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with users and project team members.
Environment: UML diagrams creation-(use-cases, Visio), Microsoft Suite - (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smart Draw-(MS word, Google Drive), Version One Lifecycle, Rational Requisite Pro-(Dynamic Database), Pencil- (Quick Prototyping tool), Trello - (For Team Collaboration & Communication).
IT Business Analyst
- Project Description: This project was a ‘Patient Communication Portal system’ upgrade. Client expected the adjustment would improve on the quality-of-service delivery from the system interface to the general users, the system was customized to accommodate the encounter and claims procedures. My role and contribution to this project were basically focused on the business planning, requirements analysis, monitoring, and corroborating with development team members to ensured that the design, testing, Implementation by the development team was in compliance with the client requirements. The application improved accessibility to users’ electronic health record from any location, the transmission of health information among providers, with options to cancel if, and when needed, and the provider pages (such as the transition of diagnoses documents, brief display of medical records, medication prescriptions, and appointment schedule).
- Good knowledge in eliciting, analyzing, and documenting the requirements.
- Corroborated with business subject matter experts (SMEs), and stakeholders to capture key solution features, and capabilities for solution design.
- Translates business requirements into product strategy, communicates direction and product priorities to the development team, other matrixes & third-party team.
- Monitored user acceptance and business validation cycles with SMEs to ensure IT enhancement, and project requirements are delivered efficiently within timeframe.
- Working knowledge of the HIPPA privacy and security regulatory environment, and the industry experience in the healthcare domain.
- Performed quality check on data for processing, and provider directory.
- Good working knowledge of Agile, Scrum principles, ensuring that features, and functionality needed by the users align with the business goals and requirements.
Human Resources Intern
- Basic working understanding with the healthcare claims data transactions and claims encounter.
- Working knowledge of the government health plans (Medicare & Medicaid entities) associated with edits and the validation of the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Such as the EDI Transactions & Data Format, Claims Process Flow- Submission, Encounter Submission, and compliance check, and others for batch processing.
- Organized and update electronically HR employee appraisal records and migrate to individual folders/files
- Safeguard the privacy of health information, security of health data, notification of breaches of medical records, and the right to access/obtain copies of healthcare data.