- 8 years of experience in working as a Business analyst in Health Care, Insurance, Banking and Finance domains.
- Excellent in Requirement elicitation practices like conducting User interviews, documentation study, legacy systems, surveys etc.
- Good hands on experience in requirement analysis in terms of identifying Personas, Requirements classification & management, building AS - IS and To-Be Models, conducting and identifying GAP analysis etc.
- Accomplishing senior business analyst with a background in business intelligence, reporting systems, project execution and full life-cycle development.
- Expertise in gathering and documenting requirements from subject matter experts and business process managers in the Healthcare and Finance industries.
- Strong experience in producing project artifacts and deliverables like Business requirement document (BRD), Functional requirement document (FRD), Use case documentation and user stories and creating and managing Requirement traceability matrix.
- Proficient in creating use-case diagrams, activity diagrams and UML class diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, user stories, epics & themes.
- Extensive work experience in finance and healthcare billing processes.
- Well versed with Collections Portfolio & Systems for Credit Cards domain.
- Conduct impact assessments to understand business and application implications of requirement change requests.
- Developing Wireframes, Prototypes, UI screen mockups using tools like MS Visio & Invision.
- Extensive experience working with all the phases of SDLC and methodologies such as waterfall, agile/scrum and RUP.
- Participating in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning and sprint review meetings and preparing/analyzing burn down charts.
- Attending and assisting Product owner in Product backlog management, attending refinement sessions.
- Responding or providing clarifications to incidents to 1st line support team, conducting Root cause analysis of reported bugs in production and leading triage calls.
- Sound experience of working with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), ICD-9, ICD-10 coding, and HL7.
- Extensively worked with Medicare and Medicaid healthcare programs and systems
- Experience in FACETS, ICD 9-ICD 10 conversion.
- Excellent knowledge of HIPPA transaction codes such as 270/271(Inquire/Response Health Care Benefits), 276/277 (Claim Status), 835, 837 (HealthCare Claim) and 834 (Benefit Enrollment)
- Work Experience in importing data from database for use in reports, spreadsheets and graphs using SQL and MS power BI.
- Able to work independently and in teams to meet business deliverables with a results-oriented approach.
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio 2019, Lucid Charts, Invision, Rational Requisite Pro
Project Management: JIRA, MS Project, Rally, Business Objects, Confluence, SharePoint, MS Project, HP ALM, MS Visual Studio
Methodologies: Agile SCRUM, Waterfall
Databases: MS SQL server, Oracle Toad, Oracle RDBMS, Oracle SQL Developer, MS Access, NoSQL Couchbase
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathering business and functional requirements through JAD sessions, workshops and user interviews with the key business stakeholders, business process managers (BPM’s) and subject matter experts (SME’s).
- Conducting systems analysis and GAP analysis for RMS application and developing “As-Is” process document covering the current state process, system functions, integration points and the gaps in the existing application.
- Preparing data modelling document for the “To-Be” system and writing data mapping document along with the technical team for system requirements.
- Creating workflow diagrams and business process flows for the business processes related to Customer Level (CL’s) for ACORN web application using MS Visio Professional 2019.
- Working with the design team to implement UML methodologies to create use case diagrams, data flow diagrams and ER diagrams.
- Actively leading the workshop for designing the reporting dashboard in ACORN for the Key Business metrics such as collectibility scores, customer account status changes and placement to collection agencies.
- Closely aligning with the business and acting as a point of contact between the business and technical teams to ensure that the teams have good understanding of the business and system requirements.
- Creating the user stories for business rules involving Australia, New Zealand and UK regions in JIRA and aligning with the stakeholders for these regions respectively.
- Conducting backlog refinement sessions and participating in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning and sprint review sessions.
- Engaging in data staging activities such as data loading, data transformation as per the business rules and ACORN system requirements.
- Validating the data in the systems, databases - Oracle and Couchbase for ACORN and ensuring the data is consistent across the systems and data integrity is being followed.
- Supporting the generation of the encrypted key for the customer account numbers using Postman and One Data API tools for querying the data in Couchbase DB during the application testing.
- Performing test data setup along with technical teams both in Oracle and Couchbase.
- Assisting the QA teams by reviewing their test cases and clarifying the requirements to ensure their complete coverage.
- Engaging in conducting UAT sessions to gain confidence and approval from the end users.
- Co-ordinating with developers, testers, business managers, and clients to implement the requirements and the changes as per the customer and actively coordinating the release management.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, MS-Office 2019, MS Visio 2019, MS SharePoint 2019, JIRA, Oracle Database 19c, No SQL DB - Couchbase 6.0, Node JS 12.4.0, React Framework
Confidential, Louisville, KY
IT Business Analyst
- Gathered high-level requirements for all the modules to be integrated with the EHR in the application.
- Performed requirement analysis, impact analysis and documented the requirements.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) after the collection of Functional Requirements, System Requirements, Integration Requirements and Data Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work for technical teams to develop prototype and overall system.
- Involved in full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from GAP analysis, mapping, implementation, and testing for processing of Medicaid Claims.
- Coordinated with different teams for application to process data from multiple integration points, converted the data for reporting purposes and fed data into mainframe system for it to be compliant with reporting requirements.
- Performed analysis on Data mapping between different data models.
- Involved in understanding and implementing the process for ICD-9 & ICD-10, worked on EDI transactions X12, 835, and 837P and to identify key data set elements for designated record set.
- Interacted with Claims, Payments and Enrolment teams hence analysing and documenting related business processes.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies including sprint-planning sessions, backlog-grooming sessions, daily scrums product demos, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives.
Environment: Agile, HP ALM, MS Windows 10, MS Office Suite, AWS EC2 instance, Angular JS, Oracle Toad, MS SQL Server, MS Visio, Oracle 12C, Balsamiq, Confluence Pages, JIRA