- Over all 7+ years of Workday experience as a Workday Techno Functional Consultant.
- Good knowledge in Workday Functional HCM with responsibilities Supervisory Organizations, Staffing Models, Job and Positions, Compensation, Defining Business Processes and Security Groups, Customized Report Generation.
- Security knowledge on designing Constrained vs Unconstrained and segmented security groups.
- Having a good knowledge in Workday Reports using report writer tool and BIRT reporting tool.
- Implemented Workday Techno Functional and Data Migration using EIB, Core Connectors in addition to creating Simple and Advanced reports.
- Created custom workday reports and modify/troubleshoot existing custom reports.
- Designed and built both inbound/outbound EIB integrations in various segments of Workday system and worked with Core Connector, Cloud Connector (CCB), Report Design, Data Conversions iLoads, XML, XSLT and SOAP web services, generated and developed Custom Reports, Advanced Reports as needed by business.
- Experience in maintenance and creation of Workday Supervisory Organizations, Locations, Positions, Cost centers, Cost Center hierarchies and worked on the Object Management Systems like Role Based Security, User Based Security, Job Based Security groups, different staffing models, defining Hire restrictions to Job Management, Position Management and Headcount Management and creating Job Profiles, Job Families and Job Family Groups.
- Functional understanding of SQL and its data management concepts.
- Strong document transformation skills and expertise in SQL,XML,XSLT,HTML,BIRT and other web services technologies.
- Developed Integrations using web services WSDL, XML, XSLT on Workday cloud platform such as payroll Integrations and ADP inbound and outbound.
- Experience in Functional Requirement Analysis, Gap Analysis, Production Support and Training Business Users, Testing and Documentation.
- In depth knowledge in Software Development life cycle experience such as planning, developing, implementing, Testing, Deployment and maintaining HR systems.
- Good knowledge on Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and SQL.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and programming skills.
- Excellent Team player with result - oriented, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to converge technical skills and analysis methods to provide solutions to meet business needs.
- Continuously strives to cultivate technical development skills and to adapt industry best practices.
- Technical Functional experience in Oracle applications on various tools and release modules include Core HR, Time and Absence, iRecruitment and Talent management
- Quick learner and excellent team player having ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
Work Day: Workday HCM and Integrations, Workday conversions, iLoads, Workday Report Writer, Workday Report Designer, EIB, Core Connectors.
Technologies/Tools: Oracle HRMS, Payroll, iRecruitment
Web Services: XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, XSLT
Document Processing: MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Excel.
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum Model, Traditional Waterfall, CMM, CMMI
Data Bases & Tools: Oracle, SQL Server, PuTTY, TOAD
WorkDay HCM Consultant
- Maintain day to day support of Workday HCM Business processes e.g. Compensation, Hiring, Performance, Security and talent management.
- Designed, configured and automate business processes to enhance the current application systems for HCM including Hire, Change Job, Termination, Propose Compensation etc.
- Configured Security objects including Management Hierarchies, Regions, Locations, edited Domain and Business Process Security Policies, Tenant setup and created reports to meet customer requirements.
- Developed outbound integrations using EIB, Web Services SOAP, WSDL, XML, and XSLT Document Transformation for several integrations from Workday to downstream internal and vendor systems and provided necessary security for related functional area to launch the EIB.
- Documentation of Workday processes/configurations/customizations.
- Created Technical and Functional Design documents for new interfaces.
- Generate different kinds of reports - Simple and Advanced reports for client requirements within Workday Tenant.
- Created reports that extract Workday data and manipulate the data in other formats for various needs.
- Worked on setting up scheduling of reports and understanding the required permissions for report sharing and support the various reporting functions with Simple and Advanced Reports, defining columns, business objects, fields, columns heading overriding, multiple sorting techniques, sorting by secondary objects with respect to Workday functionality and client business requirements for new implementation initiatives.
- Configured and tested Workday Compensation including Packages, Salary & Hourly Plans, Bonus and merit plans.
- Helped in troubleshooting integration issues and provided support in resolving defects.
- Worked on Setting up dashboards and worklets.
- Worked with consulting partners on the Conversion tasks, Integration tasks, Security tasks, and Reporting tasks .
Environment: Workday, EIB, iloads, Transformation using XSLT, XML, and SOAP Web services, Workday Report Writing, calculated fields, Compensation, Excel.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Created Supervisory Organizations, Cost Centers, Cost Center Hierarchies, and location hierarchies' maintenance, and modification of Workday Business Processes and definitions.
- Worked with Core HR on planned activities and coordinate across offshore teams, tasks, issues and risks of functional process.
- Interacted and Coordinated effectively with the HR and Payroll teams to ensure curvature is leveraging the full capabilities of Workday.
- Worked on Reports to create custom reports using Workday Report Writer to meet the business needs of HR and Payroll application report consumer groups.
- Ensured optimum product flow from vendors to customers as well as working with the operations management team to plan and give predictive analysis on future operation costs and data mining during cost modelling.
- Assisted in data migrations from PeopleSoft HCM to Workday and delivered data mapping and transformation documents.
- Analyzed complex sets of data to identify quality issues and proactively initiated steps for improvement
- Coordinated and supervised the daily activities of the Workday HR System and act as primary point of contact to monitor and triage production issues.
- Identified potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance and developed specific plans to mitigate or address concerns.
- Worked with business team to review report requirements. Maintain/Assign security role assignments. Configured Workday security roles and groups to the required level of confidentially and segregation of duties.
- Analyze data, develop and generate routine and ad-hoc reports, Interact with Business analysts and end users to clarify requirements and use cases.
- Gathered business requirements and created documents to collaborate with Workday HCM developers for resolution of customizations and/or facilitating enhancement requests.
- Facilitated meetings with Development Team and Testing Team to walkthrough the project plan and discuss feasibility of each requirement.
- Conducted the stakeholder and business impact analysis; designed training, communication, and project plans to ensure a successful integration into Workday HCM also evaluating the effectiveness of change management plans; captured lessons learned and opportunities for process improvement.
Environment: Workday, Core HCM, Security, Business process, Workday Report Writer tool, Document transformation