- Motivated and results - focused Data Oriented Business Analyst with over 6 years of experience spearheading complex change management projects at healthcare and insurance technology firms.
- Possess a combination of project management, team leadership, and expert Information technology implementation skills.
- Experienced in working in a dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy within set deadlines and have displayed strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong hands-on experience in current software technologies, using a wide range of tools in validating applications in the Microsoft .Net and Java J2EE platforms.
- Regularly conducted JAD/JAM, Scrum Meetings, brainstorming sessions and customer interviews for efficient requirement gathering.
- Subject Matter Expert in ACA compliance, eligibility, reporting, analytics and technology integration.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- MS Access/SQL Server/Oracle
- TOAD/Crystal Reports
- Windows XP/7/8/10/UNIX
- SDLC Agile XP, Scrum
- IBM Tools, Rational Suite
- HP Quality Center, Doors, QTP
- UAT, Pilot, Go-Live Testing
- Full Life Cycle Management
- Budgeting & Cost Reduction
- Stakeholder Communication
- Product Backlog Grooming
- Business Case
- Development Process Improvements
- On/Off Shore Team Leadership
- RFP/Product Management
- Data Migration
- Change Management
- Scrum Master
- User Stories Creation
- Process Improvement
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Business Systems Analyst
- Led standalone projects such as: change the online claims reporting system in the web application, claims SIU application, implementing new rating etc., along the life cycle, from the requirement gathering, testing until the production release
- Analyze and write system requirements generated from end-users in claims, underwriting and accounts departments
- Create and verify project SOW and transfer it to the external development team. Coordinate and manage application vendor relationship.
- Develop and deploy user-acceptance and SOW-based tests to ensure validity in test environment.
- Prepare test cases and perform functional and user acceptance testing
- Setup the user testing for changed programs; Ensure user/customer satisfaction as per the SOW requested; Get the signoff from the user to move application changes to production environment.
- Create and run SQL Queries to prepare monthly and daily reports (business and customer metrics) from accounts and underwriting departments.
- Work with System applications, web applications, manage profile settings and help with system errors as and when required.
- Coordinate between different departments when application changes from one department (e.g. claims) impacts others such as accounting and underwriting. Collaborate and train to ensure across-the-department understanding of the adopted system changes and implementation processes.
- Patch users’ system errors by collaborating with developers in fixing production issues and errors. Provide system support for internal and external end users.
- Perform acceptance testing when moving the software maintenance and enhancement into production environment.
- Attend review meetings with testers, developers and end users to understand and test according to their requirements
- Interact with developers for status of the bugs and perform re-test to fix bugs
- Participate in test plan and test cases review meetings regularly
- Manage product features deliverables with Principal Product Manager for 3 future Sprint backlogs simultaneously.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders (Account Manager, General Manager, Consultants) and external stakeholders (Clients) to proactively come up with future product features to be delivered.
Business Analyst / Eligibility Analyst
- Gathering information from users and wrote business requirements for creating new eligibility management software.
- Worked closely with developers to map data while developing Eligibility Management Software in .NET Environment.
- Lead weekly technical and functional teams planning meetings, coordinate with stakeholders to ensure project was meeting objectives.
- Strategize with clients, oversee work sight optimization, and communicate project updates to public.
- Process eligibility files from different clients using Data Load, Eligibility Management Software (EMS), MS Access and Data Dental Software.
- Partner with developers to help map data and to test the EMS on .net to process eligibility files for the Federal, Maryland and DC healthcare exchanges.
- Test the EDI 834/820/999 files from the healthcare exchange. Process and create 834 effectuation files for the exchanges.
- Coordinate with Claims Department and Accounts Department for claims production using .net and production of Explanation of Payment (EOP) in Informix for claims payments and reconciliation. Updating the program in Informix when required.
- Complete payment of claims, reversing payment, reconciliation of files before sending the payment to clients using Informix, Crystal Reports and Business Object.
- Process commissions and capitation payments. Prepare reports in Crystal Reports and perform reconciliation.
- Completed the production of ID card using Data Dental and Visual Studio.
- Coordinate with Accounts Department and IT personnel to gather and create the weekly payment files, activities and directory files for Confidential Cross (CBC).