- Over 7+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with strong understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document BRD, Use Case Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications FRS, Software Design Specification SDS, Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Software External Specifications SES, Software Requirement Document(SRD), Data Dictionary, Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Activity diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design OOAD and proficient in documentation of As - is and To-be business processes.
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP, Custody accounting and reporting, SOX and BASEL II, Compliance, Reg T, Corporate Actions and Risk analysis with solid experience in Business Process Modeling, Requirement gathering and Analysis in for financial products such as Equities, Fixed Income Instruments, Credit Risk Analytics, and Derivatives.
- Strong knowledge in Automated Clearing House (ACH), Bank Clearing System, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). General understanding of Accounting process including general ledger and account reconciliation.
- Experience preparing QA Test Plans, Test Schedules, defining testing strategies, test conditions and executing the test plans, used Mercury suite for test management and QTP for automation.
- Worked closely with PMO and assisted in monitoring various project deliverables and involved in developing Project Plans, Project charter, project dashboards, Objectives and timelines and maintained the repository for all deliverables
- Gained experience in utilizing statistical tools like SAS, SPSS, MS office suite, MS projects, MS Visio and requirement management tools.
- Proficient in RDBMS concepts and also in database testing using PL/SQL tools such as TOAD.
- Deep understanding the knowledge of Risk analysis, Securities (Stocks and corporate bonds) and their valuation, Portfolio Management (risks and returns) and analysis, Asset Allocations Bond pricing, Financial Derivatives, Cash flows, financing structure, Capital Management, Stock Valuation, Amortization, etc.
- Experience in development methodologies like RUP, SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM and Waterfall
- Full understanding of Rational Unified Process (RUP) using Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Object Modeling Technique (OMT).
- Experience in Scrum Process and thorough understanding of Extreme Programming (XP), Agile Software Development Methodology and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Hands on experience as an expert user of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Business Objects.
- Experience designing and developing SQL statements and queries for Oracle Sybase and SQL Server 2000 database.
- Basic understanding of Business architecture Zachman and POLDAT frameworks and Service-oriented Architecture SOA .
- Exposure to SAP Finance (FI) module.
- Experience in Competitive Analysis, Data Analysis, Gap Analysis and understanding of ROI Analysis, P&L Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Impact Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
- Good understanding of Financial Statement Analysis, Capital Budgeting, Portfolio Analysis & Stock Valuation.
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Rational Enterprise Suite, MS Visio, Telelogic System Architect
Reqmts. Management Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Telelogic DOORS
Change Management Tools: Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest
Project Management Tool: MS Project
Analysis / Modeling tools: UML, JAD, RUP, RAD
Testing Tools: Load runner, Test Director, Mercury Quality Centre
Operating Systems: MS Windows NT/98/95/2000, 2007, 2010, UNIX, MAC
Languages: SQL, UML, JAVA
Database: Oracle 8i/9i, SQL Server 2000, MS Access
Utility: MS Office Suite Word, Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Suite
Confidential, New York, NY
Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analysed the requirements using RUP methodology and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Worked with the SME’s (Financial Analysts, Risk Managers, and Project Managers) to define business critical needs and analyse the possible technical solutions.
- Added much efficiency to the delivered upgrade scripts and steps. These conversions involved multiple software applications (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Inventory, and Fixed Assets) across many databases.
- Responsible for closing the books, preparing account analyses and financial statements.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) document, User Requirement Specification (URS) and Change Request (CR) document for system application development.
- Identified Use cases from the Functional requirements and wrote Use Case Specifications and created business process workflow diagrams (Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams) in Visio.
- Developed a consistent reporting system cash flow, P&L and balance sheets.
- Database table review and data mapping for large scale data conversion project Oracle database to Mainframe.
- Involved in creating automated Test Scripts representing various Transactions, Documenting the Load Testing Process and Methodology. Created meaningful reports for analysis and integrated the Performance Testing in the SDLC.
- Defined functional and technical requirements for timesheet archiving of the PeopleSoft Time and Labor module.
- Authored various Use Cases and Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams using Rational Requisite Pro and used UML methodology to define the Data Flow Diagrams (DFD).
- Analyzed organizational needs using Lean Six Sigma techniques such as Value Stream Mapping.
- Coordinated JAD session with system analysts, development team, project manager for application development and Pre-validation specifications.
- Developed and managed project plans, schedules, issues log created and business-technical conflicts.
- Coordinated various kinds of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including regression testing, system testing, integration testing, functional testing, alpha & beta testing.
- Authored test plans, test cases for various test scenarios and helped testing team to better understand the test scripts.
- Used Test Director which is a Mercury tool to help manage defects and issues log during the testing phase.
- Built Web services hosted on a database to connect to Web application using SOAP,XML,WSDL,ASMX
- Involved in the creating the User Interface Specification Document and User Training Manual as per project specification with the help of development team
- Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers, and suggested enhancements and solution to the existing application problem from business perspectives.
- Worked as a User/Customer advocate and negotiated with user as well as the technical team and management staff to resolve any outstanding requirement conflict during the whole SDLC process.
Environment: Rational Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro), Windows XP/2000, SQL,HL7, XML, HTTP, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director (Mercury Interactive), Java, Oracle
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders and document analysis, represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Documented and supported the requirements to develop the platform which enables the user to monitor his/her accounts, provides at-a-glance balances and positions, order status, account reporting, grouping accounts, real-time margin balances and real-time profit & loss. Conducted JAD sessions with the system owners and different team leads to analyze requirements.
- Understood and developed requirements and use cases for account maintenance, reporting for new accounts on Confidential ’s private banking and trust application, platform service, Integration and Implementation
- Customized Accounts Payable (A/P) pay-cycle process to create a lights out pay-cycle.
- Reconciling General Ledger accounts. Assisted with audit defense, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance, research tax issues as they arise.
- Gathered requirements to build an interface that loads employee demographic and Peoplesoft specific data directly from the HR system.
- Worked extensively in Data Analysis, Data Requirement Analysis and Data Mapping for ETL process.
- Interacted with Business Teams to gather and understand Data requirements. Prepared and optimized Data model based on Business and UI requirement analysis.
- Interacted with department heads to finalize business requirements, functional requirements and technical requirements and also created Business process model.
- Facilitated JRP sessions between technical and regulatory teams for meeting requirements as well as solving problems on a daily basis
- Involved in creation and reviewing of Functional Specifications and created a Functional Requirement Document
- Participated in writing data mapping documents and performing gap analysis to verify the compatibility of existing system with new business requirements
- Created and maintained Narrative Use Cases (Business Use Cases, System Use Cases) and modelled Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Followed the adaptive RUP framework for the whole Project life cycle (PLC)
- Designed new Business Intelligence (BI) system using Oracle Discoverer 10g to provide reporting under Oracle Applications.
- Involved in transforming business requirements into functional specifications; focused on workflow analysis & design, business process reengineering, user interface design & process flow modeling.
- Involved in creation and execution of manual test cases in Mercury Test Director and automated Test Cases in QTP and analyzed the Test Results.
- Define Testing strategies and design Test Plans to test each system Interface output and rigorously test each system Interface based on its Test Plan.
- Developed backend calculations required to produce volatility and correlation matrix using SAS.
- Generated server side SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various Snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
- Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Based Diagrams, and Collateral Diagrams and creation of technical design (UI screen) using Microsoft Visio.
- Worked on Documentum for Version Controlling, to maintain up to date changes in the Documents.
- Extensively worked on the ETL mappings, analysis and documentation of OLAP reports requirements
- Assisted to develop the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing, gathered and documented User Manuals and Business Rules
Environment: Windows XP/2000, Oracle, PL/SQL, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Clear Quest, MS Visual Source Safe, Test Director 7.6, Quick Test Pro (QTP)