- Versatile FP&A professional with storytelling experience. Strong Reporting & System skills experience in Tech, Retail, E - commerce, Pharma & Healthcare
- Project Management & Business Analyst- PMO excels in ambiguous, fast-growing environment with experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Budgeting & Forecasting | Business Analysis | Financial Modeling | Decision Support | Analytics | KPIs | Data Manipulation | Reporting | Risk Management | Presentations
- Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, V-lookups, Macros, etc.)
- Hyperion Essbase
- Cognos TM1
- Micro strategy & SAP GL
Business AnalystConfidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Consultant role in Confidential Accounting Dept partnering with FP&A, Treasury, IT & System Integration Groups teams.
- Maintained & delivered new requests from FP&A consolidation teams and document the changes/enhancements to models .
- UAT Dev & Changes. Confidential Admin & maintenance with security access requests
- Work with offshore IT teams and maintain the schedules for data migration via Confidential -PBCS from Hyperion to Confidential models.
- Raise bugs/tickets for data discrepancies and enhancements to Confidential models
- Monitor performance and test the data discrepancies between Hyperion and models in Confidential .
- Ensure the timely correction of financial data
Confidential, San Francisco
- Treasury role in Pharma Tech Manufacturing in Excellence Group worldwide.
- Developed financial models to measure production costs.
- Financial modelling for rolled up impacts due to re-aligned COGS in facilities worldwide
- Developed reporting using new methodology as per the guidance of Senior thought leader to align with industry cost structures.
- Updated decks and delivered presentations to bring on board senior teams with new process in measuring risk
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Sr. Financial Consultant
- Finance partner with IT in CRA report development across Kaiser’s regions in Cognos TM1.
- Worked with FP&A teams across Kaiser regions to develop Org Hierarchies, UAT testing, and managing the changes.
- Co- developed, tested & deployed templates with Confidential team to facilitate efficiency.
- Achieved critical success in implementation of CRA reporting in Northern California and retired legacy reporting reducing headcount
ConfidentialSr. Financial Consultant
- Strategic Analysis on potential acquisition of sale supplier and impact on consolidations. Partner with I-Bankers in Mumbai for due diligence and to explore options
- Designed & streamlined the reporting process to better facilitate the forecasting & planning function related to Opex.
- Improved cash flows by identifying efficiencies in supply chain and developing controls for invoicing and AP/AR management
- Prepared revenue transactions in accordance with GAAP, processed accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Reconciled accounts receivable from QuickBooks and NetSuite to ensure accuracy and integrity of data flow
- Accounts Receivable - standardized processes to improve Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Access customer online portals to research any issues regarding accounts receivable
- Supported the CFO in managing budgets and presentations at Pharma customers in Switzerland.
- Evaluated sourcing deals for pharma contracts and developed cost models for raw materials & Capex requirements
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
- Designed monthly close reporting and decks to forecast OPEX- transportation & fulfillment expense for owned facilities & 3PL partners.
- Key resource to establish accruals for month end close in partner with accounting group for GAAP compliance
- Worked with Bentonville Confidential FP&A on consolidations on supply chain OPEX and load forecasts in Confidential -Hyperion
- Developed dashboards in Tableau to provide analytics and reporting to streamline inventory in fulfillment centers
- Month end MBR presentations deck in Power Point to supply chain leadership for variance analysis & planning
- Liaison with the IT team to streamline reporting & development of queries to solve data accuracy for accrual process
- Mapped and document process flow from Hyperion Essbase, Tableau, Confidential, & SAP GL for monthly close
- Worked with principals in a startup venture to establish cold storage infrastructure & transportation logistics to capture the growing market in retail e-commerce fulfillment.
- Forecasted revenues and Opex via market research & internal data. Ad hocs on site selection vendor risk, capex requirements, fundraising and due diligence on engineering partners
Finance Category Manager
- Frozen Foods business Unit - Managed the annual sales planning calendar & launching specialty products working with Marketing & Merchandizing teams
- Financial planning and category management for Frozen Foods business unit-Asian, Hispanic & Kosher specialty items. Forecasted Sales, Volume, Rate and AGP$ working with merchandizing teams to align with top down margin targets. Developed Sales & Pricing models with inputs from forecasts & syndicated data
- Improved assortment mix via SKU rat and developed new schematics for Asian during wave reset. Delivered 50% plus sales lift above industry average via facilitating superior retail channel execution for promotions
- Calibrated reporting in MicroStrategy tool and used Essbase planning tool for forecasting and pulsing promotions
- Collaborated with CPG partners & Marketing teams in pulsing promotions and trade spend to achieve sales goals and improving COGS via shrink management in the supply chain for the Natural/Organic category. Directe the optimal flow of inventory from suppliers to distribution centers and stores
- Worked closely with Strategic Sourcing & Private label groups to develop best in class products & mitigate costs
- Partnered with the Nestle to macro space Natural/Organic doors. Used internal and Confidential syndicated data to validate the business case for increased Natural doors. Aligned additional doors based upon set size and sales to space ratio forecasting $4m in incremental revenue
- Led the risk management for COGS (cost of goods sold) in commodities in DFS ($2.1b business unit)
- Developed and maintained models in tolling and provided cost forecasts and forward looking risks to stakeholders
- Lead CSI Projects in development of new flexible packaging with $6.5 mil in annual savings. Designed the documentation and process flow. Mitigated cost increases during critical inflation period.
- Managed cheese import licenses and worked closely with customs clearance and logistics with Arla and Lactalis. Responsible for invoicing and partnered with accounting for settlements and period close as per GAAP compliance.
- Close liaison with FDA in Washington DC to manage license quotas and renewals.
- Managed key contracts, NDA’s for Confidential and Confidential Branded concept. Liaison with Sr. Legal counsel in contracts process to ensure objectives were met on the key covenants to deliver profitability
- Developed and implemented dynamic $5 Friday tracking reports in Excel via SQL queries extracting data in Confidential with Access as history dbase to facilitate retail execution.
- Critical success attained in this program and as a result, the report implemented throughout SWY Business units
- Lead the DFS SOX compliance process and documentation. Updated key controls & Implemented revised process in 2009. Partnered with Confidential ’s auditing team to establish and maintain compliance process
- FP&A role within $2.1 billion business group to provide reporting, forecasting & planning retail labor & headcount
- Partner with sales teams for Budgeting, forecasting & Planning using Confidential - Hyperion Essbase & Advanced Excel
- Extracted large amount of transactional and supply chain data from multiple sources using SQL from Confidential ; created complex models in Excel to to monitor COGS, departmental spend, headcount, and capital by major function and program initiatives. Aligned with Group Director to develop decks for presentation to VP and SVP perishables
- Designed and maintained databases for tracking Daily and Weekly Initiatives. UAT reports and get buy ins from VP
- Partnered with Accounting, Confidential -engineering, Retail Ops & private label on Capex and Opex spend for monthly close
- Designed reporting to measure shrink in major categories, i.e. Soup & Proteins. Resulting in 35% reduction in COGS
- Collaborated with Regional Directors & Category Managers to build pricing models and improving margins
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Financial consultant role in managing risk as a member of 4- person Treasury group team in $1Billion endowment fund reporting to the CFO and Controller.
- Assisted key principals in annual planning, budgeting and forecasting for strategy meetings for the operating foundation.
- Consolidated financial data generated across 60 work units in field offices in 18 cities