- A technical SA/BSA/BA with expertise in researching, analyzing, and supporting enterprise business systems, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting current functionality and future enhancements to such systems. Managed development, system implementation, testing, and operational support of enterprise systems depending on what role performed. Work well with others and built strong cross group relationships.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Created a BRD based on what specific products were installed and configured in the test environment such as the Guardium Installation Manager, the S - TAP Agents and Collectors that monitored Confidential databases for various security initiatives.
- Analyzed the configuration including users, roles, security policies, rules, alerts and reports for the various users and roles and their respective outputs. Created Visio diagrams of the architectural components and process flow.
- Created a test plan after discussing with the technical leads and learning how to navigate the various configured functionalities.
- Captured UI screenshots for the test scripts needed to test the validity of the configuration and expected outputs.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Elicited, researched, and analyzed business system requirements and needs for quarterly project release efforts for new application development, enhancements, change requests (CRs) to existing applications (current state and proposed state), production issues, and maintenance/defect remediations for Account Management’s suite of applications.
- Participated in prioritizing, scoping, and sizing Account Management’s new project initiatives, maintenance, change requests and enhancement items with project stakeholders involved in each project. Worked on multiple projects at a time depending on where the projects were in the SDLC cycle.
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions, Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, shadowing, deep dive technical meetings with project managers, fellow business/system analysts, various development and services teams and end users involved in projects.
- Application suite consisted of 5-web based front ends, 2 back office applications, imaging systems, middleware, mainframe, and fulfillment processes responsible for opening 5000+ new brokerage accounts daily or updating existing accounts through the maintenance application.
- Frontend GUIs were load balanced IIS web servers, backend systems were Oracle 10g/11g and MS SQL severs, messenger servers (MQ), BETA (SOR) mainframe and various service oriented architecture (SOA) middleware services, as well as Account Management’s batch system feeds to downstream systems including the central print provider for client account package printing/fulfillment.
- Performed database analysis for production issues, data modeling projects, and ad-hoc reporting for application owners and management requests using Toad or Oracle SQL Developer for Oracle databases, or SSMS/TSQL for Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Created business process and workflow diagrams, logical data modeling (data mapping) documents, entity relationship diagrams (ERD), wireframes, behavioral UML diagrams (Use Case, Activity), structural UML diagrams (Class, Object, Component) and Context and Flow diagrams as needed for any given project using Erwin, Visio, PowerPoint, Word etc.
- Managed the system integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance team’s (UAT) testing efforts.
- Wrote all high-level test scenarios and reviewed and/or modified the System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) team’s detailed test cases. Created acceptance criteria and traceability matrixes.
- Attended all testing triage meetings, and investigated all potential bugs discovered in testing. Tested and responded to all reported bugs and defects in HP Quality Center with analysis.
- Created knowledge transfer (KT) documents for management, development and production support teams, and training documents for end users (if needed).
- All documents and artifacts were controlled and versioned through the Documentum contentment management system and team created/maintained SharePoint sites.
Business Systems Analyst
- Managed the development, implementation, installation, and operational support of the information system for the organization.
- Elicited, researched, and analyzed business system requirements and needs for the company’s benefit enrollment communication business.
- Consulted management on technical and functional operations that assisted in the development and implementation of their strategic IT plan.
- Reversed engineered the company’s outdated application and designed a new RDMS system that reported on human capital for employers and created benefit communication statements to employees using an Agile iteration development approach.
- Supported the business with ad-hoc analysis and reports for the project coordinators with difficult cases that their current software could not support.
- Negotiated contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products.
Business Process Developer
- Promoted to represent the Volume Licensing business on all new release cycles for Commercial IT’s MSLicense (MSL) global OLTP application environment (US, Asia, and Europe), responsible for generating $10 - $12 billion in annual revenues for MSLicense’s channel of business, one third of Microsoft’s annual revenues at the time.
- Attended all Joint Application Development meetings, submission of all Production Change Requests, reviewed all Business Requirement Documents regarding new releases, and reviewed the development team’s technical specifications. Coordinated, supervised and implemented the upcoming system release testing environments, and managed the resources and test personnel.
Systems Support Analyst
- Lead systems support analyst responsible for implementing/installing new releases, administration, and support of Microsoft’s MSLicense global OLTP ordering application environment. The environment utilized many technologies including MS SQL Servers, IIS web Servers, MSMQ Servers (messaging), BizTalk Servers (B2B for fulfillment), multiple file servers, and batch command servers for downstream system feeds to the SAP billing, sales reporting, and data warehousing servers.
- Created and/or updated database schemas, entity relationship diagrams, and data models after each release that affected the databases.
- Support consisted of analyzing and solving system order transaction issues with the X-12 (EDI 850/855 - purchase orders and acknowledgements) or XML system feeds, downstream feeds to SAP billing and sales reporting systems, supply chain issues to outside fulfillment vendor, and SQL Server Integration Services’ ETL issues with data warehouse feeds.
- Stepped through stored procedures and triggers, and queried ordering, billing, and sales reporting data on the MSLicense databases.
- Wrote SQL scripts to mine ordering, billing, and sales reporting data to create reports for management including client relationship managers.
- One report converted non-US currencies to US dollars for monthly billing totals.
- Utilized many tool sets including SMS Transact-SQL, SQL profiler, performance monitor, and network monitoring in finding and resolving issues.
Software Agent Integrator
- Supported the Chief Technology Officer in the research and development of new IT business solutions for Federal Agencies.
- Reviewed new technologies for future integration with existing company technologies, such as Edify Electronic Workforce applications, portal technologies, database servers, and web servers. Responded to federal Request for Proposals (RFP’s) by diagramming work breakdowns, business processes and project schedules.
- Reviewed CTI’s network infrastructures to expand CTI’s system development and production capabilities. Installed and implemented a SQL database server, Oracle database server, and IIS and Redhat Web servers for use with Edify Electronic Workforce (EWF) application development.
- Designed a web-based solution for an employee self-service application and led and supervised team members in developing a data collection application for the Department of Energy to demonstrate CTI’s solution capabilities.