- Possesses extensive experience as an IT Manager/Program Manager/Systems Analyst/IT Analyst in both military and civilian environments.
- Detail - oriented, with excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving abilities; works well under pressure to overcome challenges and meet goals.
- Adept at leading and motivating high-performing technical teams to provide outstanding customer service and support.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Over 20 years’ experience in briefing project teams and executives. Expertise encompasses:
- Leadership IT Operations Telecommunications Program/Project Management
Program Manager/Business Analyst
- Providing consulting services to companies regarding overall IT operations, program management, and business processes.
- Analyzing business systems to ensure operations are efficient and cost-effective. Collecting business requirements and turning them into solutions.
- Analyzing and helping provide solutions within Operations Support and Business Support Systems (OSS/BSS).
- Performing budget reviews and recommending cost-saving solutions. Analyzing IT efficiency/staffing and recommending upgrades/changes.
- Using Microsoft Visio to chart operational processes.
- Established comprehensive process improvement changes to ensure ideas and suggestions flow freely throughout organization and reviewed/implemented rapidly. Providing 24-hour urgent IT helpdesk to solve any network or system-related problem. Helping manage budgets/business forecasts to ensure maximum productivity.
- Consulting on merging IT operations, including infrastructure and datacenters. Partnership with organizations resulting in very positive feedback with all levels of the organizations.
- Senior IT Program/Project Management duties included managing multiple hardware refresh projects involving Cisco/Nokia routers and switches.
- Managed several SDLC/organizational change management (OCM) projects to streamline structure. Managed several Amazon Web Services (AWS) migration projects.
- Performed as the Capacity Program Manager within the Core and Backbone Operations (CBO) group.
- Responsible for monitoring nationwide bandwidth usage. Planned and executed router hardware upgrades nationwide, allowing customers to experience optimal performance in their high-speed internet and cable subscriptions.
- Led a team of three project managers, assigning them regions to manage while maintaining oversight over all capacity-related functions.
- Wrote several quick-reference guides and policies to help streamline operations. Became subject matter expert in the capacity space within 30 days of taking over the position. Strong communication skills allowed more timely notification of work done to improve capacity. Worked with directors within CBO to identify needs and issues affecting capacity.
- Gathered and processed system requirements in the Capacity program. Developed presentations to help company staffers better understand the Capacity program. Assisted the entire organization by publishing helpful hints, reminders, and technical support for everything from e-mail to hardware issues.
- Used JIRA extensively, to include customizing labels and reports. Worked extensively with Visio, drawing diagrams of network paths along with process flowcharts. Worked directly for the director of analytics, doing additional functions such as analyzing data and trends. Proficient in entire MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Worked as a SharePoint administrator when previous administrator left the company.
Program Manager/Business Analyst
- Performed volunteer program management/business analysis work on a part-time basis for a healthcare organization in Colorado Springs.
- Work included analyzing business functions, developing Visio flowcharts to enhance processing of information, and project reviews.
- Used system analysis skills to improve business processes/procedures and overall operations.
- Worked on VOIP and wireless projects, to include entire facility upgrade from analog to VOIP
- Able to quickly analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve any problems resulting from infrastructure changes
- Worked with four different subcontractors regarding hardware purchases, installations, and cabling
- Worked with a wide range of Cisco routers, switches, and wireless controllers
IT Program Manager/Business Analyst
- Spearheaded 1,000+ different projects involving facility decommissions, facility/network/infrastructure improvements, network storage and circuit upgrades (both copper and fiber). Project managed numerous datacenter initiatives, including consolidations, decommissions and upgrades. Teams consisted of cross-functional staff and numbered up to 100 geographically separate members. Project budgets ranged up to $10 million.
- Gathered systems/business requirements and recommended solutions
- Volunteered to be Tier III (Level 3) resource for hardware/software/SharePoint issues
- Led global project teams
- Revamped network port activation process (cradle to grave), resulting in reduction of 42-business day timeline to 5 business days
- Worked as a program/project manager on many different types of projects to include:
- Network upgrades/migrations
- Data center migrations, transitions, build-outs and decommissions
- Wireless/VOIP/Video/Audio product deployments
- Application development/SDLC
- VPN/gateway/dark fiber activation
- Application/Software development
Leader, Infrastructure and Network Operations Group/IT Project Manager
- Performed extensive systems analysis and review, resulting in reducing operational FTE requirements by 50%
- Standardized entire company desktop environment through lease agreement with Dell to substantially increase productivity and reduce helpdesk trouble tickets by 85%
- Merged larger company’s San Antonio IT operations (infrastructure, datacenter, and applications) into ACI Billing Services (located in Northridge, California) through meticulous planning and elimination of redundant processes
- Wrote numerous technical documents and user guides
- Acted as Help Desk manager/Tier-III (Level-3) technical support resource for hardware/software/production issues
- Acted as temporary client delivery executive when previous client delivery executive was reassigned
- Worked on and executed a new three-year contract with client
- Implemented a new network environment to include Cisco routers, switches, and firewall
- Established comprehensive continuous process improvement plan
- Worked with call center manager to revamp call center systems