- 8+ years of IT experience as a Business Analyst with QA Testing/ ETL and experience in Business Requirements Gathering, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Change Management, Business Relationship Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Release Management, Knowledge Management and Production Support.
- Extensively worked in entire QA Life Cycle, which includes designing, developing and execution of the entire QA Process.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and QA Methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Iterative process.
- Analyze Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) for different components across the project life cycle.
- Involved in preparing the Test Plans, Test Strategy documents, Test Cases & Test Scripts based on business requirements, rules, data mapping requirements and system specifications.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect Report, and Weekly Status Reports, Checklists, Job Aids, Test Readiness Review Documents, Test Summary Reports.
- Conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, GAP analysis and experience with iRise studio to quickly assemble working visualizations that mimic the exact look, feel and behavior of the final software.
- Coordinate with clients and prepare tests cases and ensure that all software applications were compatible with tests and knowledge in processing and validating data in flat files as well as in DB tables
- Experience writing SQL queries to conduct data analysis for testing and reporting and also good understanding of ETL processes.
- Experience in Analysis and Design Methodologies to develop Use Case Documents, Business Processes and Work Flow Diagrams and thorough understanding of Data Warehouse Structure and Experience in writing detailed design documents for business requirements, Test Plans and Scripts.
- Strong Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the client and thorough experience in documentation of UAT Test Sheets.
- Possess strong inter personal skills and analytical skills to deliver quality systems and products within the enforced time line and budget and also have ability to collaborate and work well in a team as well as individually.
- Base SAS, SQL Server 2005/2008 SSIS,SSRS, Oracle 10g/9i, TOAD
- MS Access 2007/2010, IRise Studio 8.0, MS office suite, HPServiceManager
- JIRA, OracleReport Builder 10G,HTML,Tableau,Informatica Power center 9.x/8.x (ETL)
- Quality Center 10.x, 9.x, Test Director, Perfecto Mobile .
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Business Systems Analyst
- Analyzed and authored Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) for different components across the project life cycle
- Work closely with internal teams, partners, and customers to identify and define data conversion requirements
- Used SQL server to develop and execute test scripts in SQL, to validate the test cases
- Involved in reviewing test scenarios, test cases and test results for data warehouse/ETL testing
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Metrics (RTM), positive and negative test scenarios, detailed oriented Test Scripts, Test Summary for test progress status, Test Results, Release Check list, Lessons Learned documents and Regression Test Suite for future use
- Responsible for testing Initial/Reconcile and Incremental/daily loads of ETL jobs
- Extensively used ETL to load data from Flat files to SQL server
- Planned ahead of time to test the mapping parameters and variables collaborating with cross functional teams
- Validate the data transformation logic, Data Completeness & Data Quality for various data feeds coming from source
- Written Test Cases for ETL to compare Source and Target database systems
- Mocked test data to test all the scenarios and test cases planned
- Conducting daily standup SCRUM meetings, identifying the product backlog to prioritize and creating user stories while coordinating all internal and external follow - ups with cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Identified bugs and interacted with Implementation Analyst(IA) and developers to resolve the bugs
- HTML experience to populate email communications for the client census when an event is triggered
- Partner with Senior Management and stakeholders to strategize and prioritize effective data initiatives to deliver highly efficient products
- Develop SQL queries to retrieve data for validation purposes and conduct user interface(UI) validations
- Performed functional testing on the application to ensure components works as per the requirement
- Responsible with creation of Test plans, Test Cases by understanding the requirement and solution design documents
- Prepared UAT project planning like creating testing scenario, test plans, and test scripts and test summary reports
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Informatica Power center, Microsoft Suite, Windows 7, HTML,JIRA
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Business Data Analyst/QA
- Act as an effective liaison between the technical and business units to ensure productivity
- Managing and resolving cross-functional issues at project level to successful outcome
- Developed test scripts based upon business requirements and processes and Processed transactions from system entry to exit.
- Collaborate with SCRUM teams to in corporate the effective creation of user stories and plans into each sprint cycle and also prioritize the product backlog on the deliverables list for the technical teams
- Executed various SQL Queries to perform the backend testing
- Tested various KPI’s for Tableau dashboard reports
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries
- Understood the business requirements from the business managers and developed technical requirements and specifications based on the requirements for the end users
- Responsible for documenting the process, issues and lessons learned for future references
- Responsible for weekly status meetings showing progress and future testing efforts to the QA Manager
- Involved in extensive end-to-end DATA validation and back-end testing using SQL queries
- Review daily test status and issue/ defects with the project team and business. Prepare communication and create daily status and defect reports
- Experience in developing dashboards with Tableau desktop and publishing in Tableau server
- Experience in creating worksheets using Filters, Table calculations, Groups and different kinds of charts based on the end user requirements in Tableau
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, JIRA, Tableau, MS Office Suite
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Business Analyst/Mobile Tester
- Helped collect functional requirements and prepared business requirement documents.
- Effectively used HP service manager to report incidents and problems and also monitored service tickets for our group
- Worked with production staff to identify and map detailed current processes, identify gaps and failure points, perform root cause analysis and develop functional requirements that supported overall strategy, goals and objectives
- Developed and updated SOP’s based on the system protocols for mobile and native applications, Use Cases, User Guides,KTP(Knowledge transfer plan), KI’s(Knowledge Items), screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements
- Involved in documenting disaster recovery plans and capturing business modelling blue prints using UML and creating flowcharts in MS Visio
- Conducted functional showcase with business managers to obtain sign-off on functional specs for each release and also participated in functional checkouts
- Coordinate knowledge transfer from Project Teams to the service team, 1st and 2nd level help desk and Admin service center support to enhance customer support experience
- Troubleshooted break fixes and worked with the respective Android, IOS, mobile web platforms dev. leads to find resolution and used Perfecto mobile for testing
- Expertise in generating the daily defect detailed report using Quality Center for the other project stake holders and the project Management
- Involved in partnering with the dev team to conduct responsive mobile web testing
Environment: HP service manager, Quality Center, Perfecto Mobile, Lotus notes, Microsoft Excel, Salesforce CRM
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Technical Business Analyst
- Worked extensively with SMEs in understanding and documenting their requirements pertaining to the Idart 2.0 processes. Worked with all levels of client staff in solution definition
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developed and maintained quality procedures and ensured that appropriate documentation was in place
- Prepared the project schedules, and also training materials for the users to better understand the new version of idart 3.0
- Used TOAD to develop and execute test scripts in SQL, to validate the test cases
- Created screen mockups, wireframes using iRise studio
- Extensively used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Executed the batch jobs and ETL mappings to validate the transformation rules from source to target tables on oracle database.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business use cases, functional specifications as well as product knowledge across different QA phases
- Created Report BRD’s for Oracle reports analyzing the technical requirements and created Oracle reports using Report builder
Environment: Oracle, .NET, UML, TOAD 9, Informatica Power center 9.x/8.x (ETL) iRise Studio 8.0, UNIX, HP Quality Center, Oracle Report Builder 10g