- Senior level experience in IT Business/Data Analysis and Quality Assurance with high focus on Capital Markets industry;
- A subject matter expert in Quality Assurance and Data Analysis for financial and retirement services platforms working in Agile, Waterfall and Agile - Waterfall Hybrid methodologies;
- Thorough understanding of Equities and Derivatives (Options, Listed Options, Swaps, Futures) concerning Brokerage Operations, Margin trading and Securities Lending. Worked on trade capture, Middle office operations and Back office settlements;
- Solid experience in testing of Web based and Client/Server E-trading applications and Multi Asset Trading System platforms that cover but not limited to Fixed Income products (Corporate Bonds, Munis, U.S. Treasuries);
- Deep understanding of retirement products such as but not limited to 403b, 457b, 401k, Roth as well as plan and contribution limits relationship, eligibility and catch-up contributions;
- Extensive knowledge in automation and manual Testing utilizing UFT/QTP, JIRA and HP ALM tools to create Test Scripts, Test Cases, Test Reports, Test Scenarios, Bug Tickets, Test Plans, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Test Analysis Report (TAR); performed Bug Tracking to closure;
- Extensive experience in conducting Gap Analysis, Business Process Re-engineering, Designing Work flows and communicating the trade-off decisions on product features based on budget constraints and customer requirements;
- Hands-on experience in implementing and utilizing application lifecycle management tools such as Visual Studio Team System / Team Foundation Server and project management tools such as SharePoint, MS Project;
- Deep knowledge of MS Excel. Used advanced functions like V-lookup, Pivot tables, Power Pivot and Macros;
- Extensive knowledge of different databases, such as SQL Server and Oracle; constructing queries and resolving debug occurring issues through but no limited to Splunk;
- Performed efficient and productive cooperation with company’s stakeholders to reach goals and standards of high quality product required by end users’ expectations;
Testing Tools: JIRA, Splunk, UFT/QTP,HP ALM, Tableau, SoapUI
Microsoft Tools: MS Outlook, Notepad++, MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/Visio
Operating System: UNIX/LINUX, Windows XP
RDBMS: Oracle, Mongo DB, MS SQL, Teradata
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior UAT Analyst
- Managing Onshore/Offshore teams and responsible for organization of testing schedule and resource allocation;
- Interact with Product Managers on the trading desk to develop comprehensive test plans in advance of each application rollout to Production;
- UAT testing along with Business representatives (Middle Office and Back Office team members);
- Perform automated Functional Testing of Security and Inventory Master applications through UFT/QTP tool and manual uploads to confirm configuration changes conform FSD; confirm dynamic data is fetched and tested in UFT for scheduled regression testing; analysis of testing results and presentation in Tableau with further suggestion on application efficiency improvement;
- Actively involved in building UFT framework for Security and Inventory Master applications;
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables; confirm RefData Cache Web Tool “listen” for updates and populate automatically;
- Validated end to end ETL process results which fetched the data from front office DB systems to the target Data warehouse using complex SQL queries;
- Performed dependency and condition validation of Autosys jobs and boxes; validation of reports generated by force start of autosys jobs;
- Tested ETL process for feeds received from counterparties' Back Office and compared with the data that was received from Front Office for consistency.
- Coordinated meetings with the development teams towards resolution of outstanding issues or defects to managing, track and reflect issues in JIRA board; conducting Sprint Retrospective after each release to ensure each sprint is focusing on continuous improvement;
- Confirm and validate in Oracle DB that trades are not hold in trace and Exception errors are populated were required;
- Conducting daily Security Master Triage daily call along with weekly Scrum Project Status Call;
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Performed Business/Data Analysis along with Testing of Seed, CR (Census &Remittance), Census, Supplemental files in IGO (in good order)/NIGO (not in good order) cycles prior to loading file to MVAS/OSS systems;
- Preformed RTT (Round Trip Testing) as a final stage to confirm all data in a good order;
- Processing files via WinSCP server though GenTran and verifying runs via Oracle DB. Confirming batch id utilizing Teradata SQL Assistant and Mongo DB for corresponding system to obtain OBIEE reports. Validation of 1122/Feedback and SDA changes (delta Feedback) reports;
- Running file files in Postman using corresponding API. Apply Salary Deferral Changes via SoapUI. Confirm jobs run successfully in Autosys / Batch Support. Verifying error logs via Splunk;
- Validate file processing via STAC (Service Tracking and Calculations) which serves as a calculation engine to support MVAS (Services to support Salaries/Deferral agreement/Contribution Limits monitoring/Hardship/Correspondence)
- Performed testing and validation of files in different formats such as SPARKH, OPS, .txt,. xlsx;
- Produced and validated 1122 Vendor Disbursement/OBIEE reports to confirm no data discrepancy was found;
- Responsible for preparation of a Test Pan for assigned client based on DD /SOW. Preparation of Test Scenarios, Test Cases, and TPSR which serves as a Roster Mapping Certification prior to RTT is complete and Client to Go Live;
- Verified and validated multiple tables using MS Excel advanced functions like data validation, V-lookup, and Pivot tables;
- Responsible for performing a Daily Start Environment System Health Check based on schedule.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Perform Functional Testing of upstream applications via different files format, such as XML, CSV, Fix Message;
- Upload trades to STH via DB and external sources to perform positive/negative testing of certain enhancements’ functionalities;
- Ensure ACK(acknowledgment)/NACK(non-acknowledgment) availability of played trades via Fix messages sent/received to/from downstream applications; utilizing of Unix Server for process and file management and to monitor log files;
- Used FIX Protocol to understand various message types, also FIX logs and debug if any issues found;
- Validate FIX messages of exchange simulator/mocker to verify various tag numbers, such as but not limited to Trade Confirmed/Cancelled(50/55), External Transmit(40), Validated(25), InternalError(10), Tag17;
- Validated all components of e-trading application like ECN Gateways, Matching Utilities, User Session, Transaction Manager;
- Verified if all XML messages translated into FIX protocol correctly after they reached the Gateways;
- Check status of sent trades via EMA dashboard to make sure Tag17(ref id in backend) reaches and posts in Broadridge;
- Performed different types of testing, e.g. Functional, GUI, System testing, Smoke/Sanity, Positive/Negative Testing along with Backend, Integration, End-To-End and Regression Testing;
- Test via positive/negative data of enrichment rules through DB and bounce Post-validation/Validation server via Unix commands;
- Validate connectivity between STH and upstream/downstream applications via Q-Stream;
- Daily conducting of JIRA status review with development team to prioritize and discuss newly found bugs, major/minor/trivial enhancements and follow up on JIRAs in progress;
- Daily utilization of UNIX Putty to play trades, bouncing servers for various purposes, such as verification of logs and confirmation of trade processes that run through the server;
- Run SQL queries for Backend Testing, data validation and manual input;
- Provide guidance on requirements and user stories when required;
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Data/Business Analyst
- Designed, developed and implemented user acceptance testing protocols as the final phase of the application development.
- Created and documented the UAT test plan adhering to specifications and business requirements, developed test scripts, conditioned the data and executed test cases.
- Interacted with several Business Users and stakeholders to support UAT testing.
- Wrote and ran test artifacts such as but not limited to Test Plan, Test Cases, Root cause analysis report, Test Analysis Report. Participated in discussing of BRS/SS for further clarification of the Verta up/downstream workflow;
- Performed automation testing for front-end functionalities of the application as per Business Requirements Documentation, test plans and test cases; Used UNIX commands to monitor log and update files;
- Identified/validated bugs and tracked their fixing process in collaboration with developers and BA throughout JIRA;
- Conducted Functional and System Integration Testing for Verta application and other vendor’s ECN platforms such as Bloomberg; ran Regression, Back-end, System, and UAT testing within Agile environment;
- Conducted Positive, Negative, Smoke, Sanity, System Integration, and Usability types of testing;
- Performed root cause analysis and provided observations with suggestions on optimal and efficient product development process. Reported required testing results’ updates to QA lead within each sprint prior to project release date on a weekly basis;
- Conducted daily Scrum meetings with developers, QA lead and BA to track the working process, discuss and assess outstanding issues, showstoppers, work in progress, completed tasks.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior QA Analyst
- Participated in all steps of Software Development Life Cycle in Agile methodology;
- Daily use of UNIX server to monitor/verify logs and update files for played scenarios according to the specified path. Confirm/bounce server and made sure the server is pointed to downstream application or mocker depending on testing stage.
- Ran SQL queries for data validation and defect resolution. Executed SQL scripts to validate the DB activities and data generation.
- Responsible for writing SQL, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers and complex queries as part of testing requirements.
- Analysed System Functional Specification to execute BRD and implement collaboration of internal sub-systems. Performed all phases of the software testing process using HP ALM tools;
- Created test cases and elaborated scenarios to perform new system enhancements;
- Accomplished testing for Functional and Regression testing and GUI of the application according to the Business Requirements. Performed different types of testing such as SIT, E2E, Backend, Smoke and Usability testing; Performed detection, tracking and closure of system defects;
- Verified and validated database updates and records modification using SQL queries;
- Worked closely and coordinated priorities with QA team members, QA Lead, Developers, Business Analysts, Project Manager. Participated in Bug Triage meetings and created TAR;
- Attended walkthrough meetings to review testing processes with the QA team, Developers, Project Manager(s), and Business Analyst to discuss prioritized testing processes and meet upcoming release deadlines.