- Proven business analyst with hands on experience implementing revenue recognition software for Software and Hardware companies. Detail oriented with the ability to drive customer satisfaction and minimize post productions issues. 10+ years of experience spreading across Revenue recognition, order management, and sales operations.
- Engaging with customers to understand their business requirements for Revenue Recognition; working closely for preparation of the Business Requirement document and converting to functional design document
- Executed the five - step process under ASC 606 guidelines for multiple projects regarding identification of contracts, setting up of POBs, transactional price, assigning SSP and performing allocations.
- Clear understanding of revenue release methods- Over time vs. point in time and events that trigger completion of POB like delivery events and billing events
- Understanding of various SSP rules and methodology - worked on cost based SSP, Follow Sell Price, RSSP
- Setting up Variable considerations, material rights, and long term/short term classifications
- Worked with external cross functional teams including IT, Commissions, Cost and revenue teams.
- Collaborating with internal teams of product, support, sales and operations to enhance customer experience
- Preparing unit test cases and conducting user testing
- Helping customers in executing UAT scenario's, understating SAP RevSym System and resolving issues
- Assisting with Report reconciliation, Journal entries and month end close process
- Reviewing Revenue arrangements and assisting customers with manual SSP allocation, reconciliations and contract modifications.
- Provided End user training for finance and business users on SAP RevSym
- Documentation of key processes, configuration documents and creation of user manuals
- Implementation of SAP RevSym as a revenue recognition software integrating with NetSuite
- Project included setting up Revenue Bundles, managing associated costs and converting 2 years of historical data into the system.
- Key Challenges
- Critical project with a very short implementation timeline
- Integration with NetSuite was managed by a 3rd party and elongated process time
- Key stakeholders including CFO, Controller moved on few weeks before going live
- User and time stamping issues for data in stage (who created/who edited/last changed)
- Implementation of SAP RevSym based on Asc 606 and support for existing RevSym implemented for ASC 605; requirements included parallel run of 605 and 606; Working with BIG 4 auditing teams for reports and month end close
- Key Challenges
- Historical data for 2 years to be closed period by period; offered support to revenue team in resolving issues and working on reconciliation to establish beginning balance by closing all 24 periods
- Worked with the revenue team, Implementation partner - KPMG and Auditing team work on parallel run periods, reconciliation and comparison of 605 vs 606 balances.
- Data format and data cleanliness were key hindrances
- SSP category being derived on another sales order attribute with hierarchies; Configured over 50+ ssp derivations and 100+ rules for set up.
- Frequent process changes from Sales and management, flowing to revenue team
- Solutioning of Significant financing component and Managed Service Providers
- Helping in reconciliation with liability balance, asset balance, Revenue waterfall, billing and cost reports
- Involved implementation of ASC 606 for revenue recognition and integration with SAP; complex designing of Rev rec system
- Details involved reversing revenue-based entries and cost for all incoming sales orders
- 106 Rebate programs were configured using Variable consideration
- Key Challenge
- Worked closely with Integration team to establish integration with SAP; managed multiple field mappings and format standardization to have data flow in correctly to RevSym
- Complex Bundle configurations for different business entities having cost margin based SSP
- No account numbers coming in on sales orders or billing and had to be set up within RevSym
- Revenue and cost need to be reversed as soon as it comes in. Only adjustment entries to be posted back to SAP.
- Multiple types of cost associated with the sales order;
- Evaluation of all possible solutions to solve business needs like Variable Considerations vs bundle vc cost rules
- Helped fixed issues related to linking and delinking of specific sales orders
- Building new bundles and POB configurations based on business changes; Fixing historical data through SQL scripts
- Use of mass update and manual uploads for making corrections to existing data
- Implementation of Variable Considerations and Material Right
- Making SSP corrections based on business changes
Business System Analyst
- Worked with the business in the post implementation phase of SAP RevSym to manage revenue and reporting needs as per ASC 606 guidance.
- Worked on revenue recognition based on obligations delivered within SAP RevSym.
- Worked on recon of liabilities and assets with SAP RevSym compared to NetSuite.
- Worked on analyzing and mitigating the month end close process in order to smoothen it and be aware of potential issues early in the process.
- Key relationship management with customer teams including Purchasers, project managers & asset managers for new business opportunities, product introduction, special price approvals and volume discounts.
- Worked on revenue projections, sales forecasting, booking recons.
- Worked on managing revenue recognition using standard rev rec.
- Invoicing customer orders as per T & c
- Purchase order fulfillment for multi-line PO, bill and hold, server assembly orders etc.
- Processing multiple order daily ranging from 10k up to 1 million
- Hands on with shipping polices, drop ship orders and international container shipments
- Driving sales for professional services and training programs in managed territory & nurturing corporate accounts; Developing new Partner network and onboarding them
- Responsible for go-to-market initiatives and working closely with marketing agencies for new customer acquisition and expansion of customer base
MBS Team Lead
- Managing a team of five solution specialists
- Responsible for team quota achievement as well as team development
Microsoft Business Solution Specialist
- Solution consultant for business solution opportunities
- Consulting customers based on industry specific solutions
- Assisting Inside sales team of 30 members for developing and nurturing ERP/CRM opportunities
- Generating immediate revenue opportunities and maintaining pipeline
- Coverage of assigned territory as a hunter