- A Senior Mainframe Developer with 25 years of experience designing, developing, testing, maintaining and implementing business applications in Financial and Budget, Securities, Banking, Government Housing and Development, and Manufacturing industries.
- A very good troubleshooter with very good analysis skills, a team member and leader, and can work fast.
Hardware: IBM ES/9000, MVS/ESA
Software: CICS, Cobol, Cobol II, DB2, VSAM, IDMS, Focus, TSO/ISPF, JCL, IDCAMS, Intertest, CEDF, Change Management, Panvalet, Endevor, Syncsort, $avrs, SDF2, Xpediter, File - Aid, OPC, Abend Aid, Comparex, DASDUTIL, FTS, ORS, TMS, Xrefplus, QMF, Spufi, Dclgen, Hourglass, LLO, Flow, HTML, XML, IE, XSLT, MQSeries, Visual Studio, Visio, MS Office, Lotus Notes, IE, Great Plains Accounting Software, Magic PC, @trieve, Microsoft Access, SAS, iSQLPlus, MySQL, Oracle 10g.
- Designed and developed back-end and front-end of Budget system rewrite for both UCLA and UC Merced campuses. Technology: Cobol, DB2, MVC ASP, Excel, JCL, Web Service
- Designed and developed batch and web applications for Chancellorial Commitments system to help Academic Planning and Budget department keep track of all the Chancellor department’s commitments for budget purposes. Also created process to close the month and the fiscal year. Also created reports for monthly and yearly reconciliation. Also allowed users to output the actual report and the raw data for all the web reports in Excel and pdf formats. Also assisted Campus Data Warehouse team of changes to the table fields or updates/inserts to specific record. Technology: Cobol, DB2, JCL, ASP.net
- Designed and helped develop the Decision Memo system for APB. This system will allow users to create a decision memo and upon approval, will update or create commitments to the Chancellorial Commitments system. Technology: Cobol, DB2, MVC ASP
- Responsible for the close of the Fiscal Year for the Financial, Budget and Chancellorial Commitments systems for UCLA, UCOP and UC Merced. This entails changing the job schedules, notifying different teams of the schedule, helping General Accounting with questions and requests to reconcile the ledger, documenting activities that may be repeated every FYE and then sending files to UCOP to help them prepare each campus’ ending balances. Technology: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, ASP.net, Excel, Service-Now, Java
- Created batch process for campus departments to send GL transactions to the Financial ledger. Also helped create a web service to allow departments to validate their transactions before sending file to the FS. Technology: COBOL, DB2, JCL, Web Service, FTP
- Developed batch process to retrieve GL transactions from a UC-wide Payroll system using Peoplesoft and input them to Financial ledger for UCLA, UCOP and UC Merced. Also created reports for reconciliation per campus. Technology: COBOL, DB2, JCL, SQL Server
- Converted Financial system report programs written in Focus into Cobol. Technology: COBOL, DB2, JCL
- Developed and maintained batch, CICS (Table Maintenance and Suspense Correction), web key entry applications (Journal, Recharge, Transfer of Funds) and web reports using Campus data warehouse for Financial System. Technology: COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS, ASP.net, Java
Confidential, New York, NY
- Sole programmer tasked to create over 10 batch programs to incorporate multi-million dollar assets from Prudential Retirement Services and Prudential Investments into Growth Assets-Tracking System. This enabled management to track all assets and monthly business of FAs as well as view business trends. Technology: Cobol, Excel, JCL.
- Led three consultants for a major revamp of Growth Assets-Tracking System to calculate FA asset awards using new asset categories. Researched over 50 systems to assess impact of changes. Modified over 40 batch and four online programs to handle the new calculation and show new asset categories. Technology: Cobol, CICS, JCL, Expediter.
- Significantly increased user productivity of Asset Management and Performance group by minimizing need to check millions of ambiguous daily transactions brought to company, to only a few hundred. Technology: Cobol, CICS, JCL.
- Developed online and batch programs for both Growth Assets-Tracking System and Growth Performance System to process ambiguous transactions using accurate types.
- Created daily/monthly transaction reports to help users monitor transaction descriptions; and management reports showing number of ambiguous journals against pre-determined journals.
- Received Business Value Award for assisting in development of programs for financial blueprinting which grouped accounts to help account holders determine if they exceeded their goals. Built batch programs to compute account performance and prepare account statements and wrote online inquiry programs by group. Technology: Cobol, CICS, JCL.
- Assisted in developing and maintaining programs for Enterprise Tracking System, Workflow Delivery System. Technology: Cobol, JCL, CICS, DB2, Spufi, MQSeries, VB.
- Part of four-person team to convert Prudential Securities cash flow history files to Confidential format. Scheduled several runs and transmissions of data to ensure conversion was successful. Analyzed and documented system flow and processes; created system logic write-ups; developed batch programs. Technology: Cobol, JCL, Visio, FTP, NDM.
- Led a three-person consultant team to develop programs to track down Mastershare accounts for Deferred Compensation System and facilitate payouts when they opted out. Developed online and batch programs to opting out, generating statements and tracking confirmation letters to assist payroll for check cutting and general ledger entries. Technology: Cobol, CICS, JCL, AFP.
- Participated in Y2K Compliance and Certification Project for Broker Clearance, Growth Assets-Tracking, Growth Performance and Deferred Compensation systems. Analyzed, modified and tested batch and online programs and documented required changes. Technology: Cobol, CICS, JCL, Hourglass.
Confidential, Huntington, NY
Systems Analyst - Consultant
- Created tested and implemented several files for seamless conversion of Account Reconciliation and Electronic Funds Transfer system from several banks to firm’s format. Created audit trail reports for user review. Technology: Cobol, JCL.
- Overhauled the Photo Statements System for three months even with out experience on IDMS. System was used to automate tracking down statements from microfiche. Learned relational databases and IDMS while making changes.
Technology: Cobol, IDMS, JCL.
Systems Analyst - Consultant
- Designing, coding, testing and implementation of the systems and the jobs involved to run the systems.
- Preparation and extraction of test data from existing database tables both for mainframe and pc applications.
- Maintenance of existing database tables, online sub-system and monitoring of its actual implementation prior to turnover to production.
- Evaluation and restructuring of existing online systems.
- Preparation of program documentation and report generation.