- Driven IT professional with development, technical analysis, and project management experience specializing on the IBM AS400 platform with wide range of applications.
Snr. Performance and Development engineer
- Performance investigation, testing, analysis, and coding recommendations on all product lines on the AS400.
- Development and modification of new and existing products in Cobol, CL, SQL, on the AS400.
- Database tuning recommendations for DB2, MSSQL, and Oracle.
- Worked closely with customers to solve performance and functional problems.
- Performed "health checks" for turnkey clients.
- Assisted in a major Splunk implementation for company - wide monitoring.
- Data specialist - designed and developed an application to allow clients to create subset databases from their production database (DB2 AS400) for testing and training, reducing disk requirements.
- Built databases for in-house departments for testing, QA, etc. This involved data de-identification and data growth.
- Performed DBA work on created databases, both on Oracle and DB2.
- Assisted in database design for new products,
- Worked with Agile methodology on the Jira PM software.
Senior Development Analyst
- Worked with clients around the world on the Y2K project for customers with AS400 applications.
- Developed a Cobol solution to an existing Y2K analysis product written for RPG and trained AI staff around the world.
- Managed a team of programmers to assist clients in Y2K code remediation on the AS400.
- Consulted with Confidential Healthcare systems on their managed healthcare applications for AS400 as a senior developer and technical analyst.
Confidential, Las Vegas
- Director of the IT department for a Las Vegas health plan.
- Directed a team of programmers, technical analysts, and business analysts.
- Worked with senior management on new software recommendations and budgeting.
IT Development Manager
- Manager of the IT software department for a health plan.
- Managed a staff of programmers and analysts involved in supporting the Managed Healthcare System (MHS) ( Confidential ).
- Assisted in software development.
- Worked closely with vendors on new application releases.
- Attended vendor conferences and user groups.