- 12+ years of combined experience building and managing the successful delivery of software solutions for public and private sectors in diverse domains such as budget and fiscal management, property tax, workforce, human resources, public welfare programs and global immigration.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies such as Agile - Scrum and contemporary PMI standards.
- Versatile self-starter with strong listening, interpersonal, quantitative and qualitative, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Attentive to detail and emphasize the importance of proper requirements gathering and modeling AS IS / TO BE processes.
- Experience in conducting GAP, SWOT, impact, cost-benefit, root-cause and risk analyses, as well as feasibility studies.
- Experienced in facilitating JAD and JRP sessions involving stakeholders, SME’s, project managers, business sponsors and users, as well as conducting one-on-one interviews, survey/questionnaires, brainstorming sessions, and document analysis for requirement elicitation.
- Creating various project artifacts such as Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD/FRD).
- Good knowledge of database relationships and concepts, having worked on RDBMS such as MySQL and MS SQL Server.
- Good experience working with reporting and data extraction tools like IBM Cognos 10/11, SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Extracting data by writing SQL queries and performing UAT data validation.
- Professional level experience in MS Office / Office 365 (Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Sharepoint)
- Used tools by Confidential Enterprise (HPE)- ALM / AGM software for use/test case management, UAT and agile project management.
- Proficient in various project management/collaboration tools such as Asana, Trello, Basecamp, MS Project 2016, JIRA and Sharepoint.
- Passionate about suggesting UX and UI improvements, wireframing and prototyping; great eye on design and user experience.
- Advanced in Illustration and design Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Worked with HRMS integration solutions with PeopleSoft, ADP, Workday and TriNet.
- Good understanding of web basics such as CMS (Wordpress, Drupal), HTML5, CSS, js, jQuery, Ajax, BootStrap, AngularJS and marketing concepts as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Affiliate Marketing and SEM.
- 10+ years professional experience working with government ERP, payroll, financial and human resources management systems: Payroll Management System (PMS), Citywide Human Resources Management System (CHRMS), Financial Management System (FMS) and GIS
Business Analyst / Project Manager
- Documented and diagramed AS IS business processes and proposed TO BE processes based on requirements and stakeholder input.
- Gathered requirements and actively engaged in stakeholder analysis, strategy planning, risk assessment, solution design and documentation.
- Wrote epics, user stories, use/test cases in a team environment.
- Assisted in sprint planning for product updates and client requests as well as project delivery plans to assist the PMO.
- Implemented product for Fortune 500 corporate clients and global immigration law firms, partners and other private clients, delivering custom immigration workflow solutions.
- Advocated for and advised clients, development and internal management for common grounds and best outcomes.
- Responsible for tracking requirements and change management (traceability matrix); identified risks and applied creative thinking to solve problems.
- Testing and system defect management and documentation.
- Expert skills designing advanced solutions with Excel utilizing pivot tables, complex formulas, VBA/macros and dashboard functionality.
- Utilized SQL to pull back-end data during integration and migration projects as well as various reporting.
- Bridged communication gaps among stakeholders, development and management teams.
- Decomposed high- level information into details.
- Performed E2E tracking of all deliverables throughout all SDLC stages.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in staging, QA and production environments.
- Prepared client walk-throughs, training sessions, demos and premium support material.
- Preparation of various BI reports and formulated various KPIs for assisting CEO in making business decisions.
- Managed all monthly code deployment and bug resolution projects.
- Assisted in hiring of personnel (account managers, sales representatives, BA’s and product support teams)
- Documented requirements specifications and wrote functional user stories and use/test cases for various modules.
- Collaborated with data conversion, script automation, testing, user interface and reporting module teams along with management to ensure system meets the workflow requirements and county codes.
- Had an active role in bi-weekly demonstrations (sprint review), retrospective, sprint planning and stand-up meetings to ensure alignment among various teams including stakeholders, developers, project managers, management and product owners.
- Tested user stories for defects and compliance with customer requirements in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) system, providing edits to defected test cases.
- Studied tax assessment requirements for proper IPTS (Integrated Property Tax System) functionality.
- Assigned and prioritize bugs and data conversion issues to appropriate teams.
- Supported requirements management and change management processes.
IT Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Act as a liaison among stakeholders, end-users and implementation teams using strong technical communication and business skills to bridge gaps and elicit well-formed requirements.
- Designed and managed in-house reporting and forecasting solution for upper-management and other managerial users- Parks Financial Reporting and Management System (PRMS). Redesigned Human Resource Management (HRM) module and control of transparency to secure/vital information; increased efficiency of bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and forecasts through optimized information exchange and centralized data, integrating various disparate systems and data sources into a common and consistent enterprise data warehouse; increased accuracy of time sensitive projections and KPI’s showing possible risks of overspending; automated billing solutions and task management; designed easy navigation and user experience to facilitate complex reporting; user-friendly interface.
- Maintained persistent PM strategy, direction and guidance for key personnel under my supervision.
- Effectively established project teams, prepared plans and clearly communicated requirements and expectations to yield optimal results.
- Engaged in data quality transformation projects for clean-up, standardization and optimization with various ETL tools.
- Managed data sources and consistency to provide high-quality use of data for accurate reporting and management of agency expenditures.
- Wrote structured manuals for end-user training.
- Wrote and executed acceptance test plans.
- Oversaw that operational, grant-funded and capital budgets are in line with monthly, quarterly and annual plans, maintained persistent strategy, direction and guidance for key departments and upper management.
- Served as liaison among top management, agency divisions (capital projects, personnel, budget, revenue, expense, and payroll) and key city and state agencies (Mayor’s Office of Management and Budget; Human Resources Administration and others).
- Assisted in design and development of workforce model for projecting human capital requirements, utilizing over 700 researched and quantified inputs gathered for over 2 years, complex algorithms and reporting capabilities to provide cost-out analysis and projected expenses of human capital requirements prior to construction or improvement of a capital project.
- Engaged in workforce planning, competency management, performance, onboarding/recruitment and compensation planning for the PARKS OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM (POP).
- Worked closely with the Human Resources Administration (HRA), Office of the Mayor and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to ensure timely processing of financials and on-pace spending of planned expense budgets.
- Built an improved in-house human resources management system for tracking, reporting and forecasting expenditures for over 30,000+ employees.
- Performed fiscal management of agency human resources including operational and capital budgets, payroll and renewal of contracts ranging from $15 - $100m in funding.
- United top-level management and key staff
- Provided well observed and articulated, quantified and critical advice for upper-management to assist in making decisions.
- Provided essential financial reporting, statistic data analysis and monitoring, projections of revenues and expenditures of HR, capital projects and various other than personnel expenses (OTPS).
- Served as main liaison among top management, agency divisions and key city and state agencies.
- Oversaw the planning and monitoring of city, state and grant funded expense budgets
- Reviewed proposed budgets and spending plans as well as intra-city agreements.
- Building relationships and working collaboratively; effective verbal/ written communication; experience in an industry domain.