- With over 9 years of experience in the field of Information Technology, I have held both Lead and Managerial roles in Quality Assurance and transitioned into a strong Business Analyst while continuing QA efforts as well.
- I have been recognized as an outgoing, attention to detail, known for response time, and truly taking ownership of my work and being an asset to my team and organization.
- I have no problem asking questions, learning the scope of work, and work in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Whether it is short term or long - term projects, I look forward incorporating my attributes and continuing my career either or both a Business Analyst and Quality Assurance.
- Leadership Qualities
- Attention to Detail
- Epics, Stories, Tasks, Defects
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time Management
- Mobile Testing of both Android and iOS
- White Box/Black Box Testing
- Manual Testing, Exposure to Automation Testing
- Agile/Waterfall Environments
- Balsamiq, Visio, Syndication
- Git / Android SDK, XCode
- Android Studio, Urban Airship
- PIM, SFTP, InRiver,
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/ PowerPoint
- Jira, Squids, Quality Center iOS Devices/ Apple Watch
- Android Devices / Android Watch
- Tablets/Windows/ Browser Stack, MobileDeviceAnywhere,
- Ecommerce, AEM, Salesforce
- Confluence, SharePoint,
- Mentor, Coach, Reliable, Ethical
Business Analyst / Quality Assurance
- Reviewed SOW to understand scope of work, expectations, and resource allocations, and deadlines.
- Setup meetings; scrum, workshop meetings, design review meetings, backlog meetings,
- Heavy participation in Workshops with Stakeholders to define requirements
- Listened in and noted requirements during interviews conducted by Design Team while reviewing Presenting Design Mockups
- Created Epics, Stories, Tasks to ensure our delivery team understood Acceptance Criteria
- Setup meetings to review tickets and communicating new requirements to Design, Developers,
- Create Scrum Boards, Kanban Boards, Swim Lanes,
- Participated in Sprint Planning and Retrospective Meetings
- Led Client Demos
- Prepared UAT Test Plans, PowerPoint Decks for UAT Training for Clients, Wrote QA Test Plans,
- Wrote Test Cases based off documented Acceptance Criteria
- Logged defects using Jira
- Front end and Back End Testing
- Performed Smoke Testing and Regression
- Created Workflows for Clients
- Organized and created folders, sub folders, and tasks within Confluence
- Created builds from Bamboo
- Ensuring Acceptance criteria is met
- Ensuring all issues were tested in a timely manner
- Continuous communication with all members of the SDLC
- Managed both Onsite and offshore QA’s
- Established QA processes and environments
- Drove against a high-level test strategy
- Coordinated test planning and estimates
- Supported QA Resources
- Recommending Automation Tools such as Python, Java, Selenium and Frameworks
- Established test environments needs such as Dev, QA/Stage, UAT, Prod
- Answered any urgent scenarios with Client and or Manage Hosting Services
- Assisted with opportunities to covert Test Cases into Test Scripts by implementing test automation framework and scripts
- Worked closely with development and product teams to communicate problem impacts and understand business requirements
- Drove and Led QA execution on projects
- Leaded the effort to build test plans and test cases to validate specific business scenarios
- Clearly communicated test results concerns, and project status in a timely manner
- Define and communicated key metrics to assess the effectiveness of the QA team
- Maintaining effective compliance and corrective action procedures
- Approved all Test Plans with QA Team
- Interviewed new candidates
- Conducted onboarding process for any new hires or returning employees
Environment: s: Confluence, Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, VB, Hybris V6.0, Backoffice, WCMS Cockpit, Admin Cockpit, Admin Console, Jira, iOS, Android, Adobe CQ5, Bamboo, IntelliJ Idea, Gradle, Pattern Lab, SAP Cloud Environments, Forte Client, RSA Secure ID, 3Delta, CMS Server, Load Balancer, IE8/Win7, IE9/Win7, IE10/Win8, Chrome/Win7, Firefox/Win7, Safari 7/OSX 10.8, iPad2 iOS6+, Samsung Galaxy 10 Android OS 4.1.2, Microsoft Surface Win RT 8.1, Cucumber, Jenkins, GitHub, Adobe, InRiver, SalesForce
- Led a team of QA Analysts to test and remediate defects found in a web and mobile application
- Responsible for writing an executing test cases and scripts during the QA phase.
- Triaging issues upon assignment to ensure the issues are Confidential issues before assigning them to development team
- Validating fixed issues once remediated
- Working directly with client QA Team to understand the issue and drive the QA Process
- Worked with the developers to ensure the team understands the issues found
- Reported status to PM Frequently
Mobile QA Lead
- Primary Point of Contact for Support both iOS and Android inquiries from Maintenance and Product Team.
- Provided Green-light for QA Sign-Off during Go/No-Go Meetings
- Mentoring new candidates.
- Educated current employees and offshore team on new structures.
- Delegated and assigned tasks to fellow QA Members.
- Performed Quality Check
- Providing adherence to best practices
- Working with 8 Developers, 4 iOS and 4 Android (some were Hybrid).
- Managed Release/Deployment schedule
- Managed all change requests sent by Project Manager and Product Owner
- Participated in Hands-On Testing to ensure Deadlines were meet
- Provide Guidance in All of Sprint planning
- Create a traceability matrix of each test case back to user stories.
- Communicating Blockers or any Critical Bugs to facilitate decision-making by Product Owner and Project Mgr.
- Contribute ideas to project planning during Sprint Planning
- Helped Organized Sprint Retrospective Meetings
Environment: Agile, Jira, Mac, iOS, Android, Xcode, Android Studio, Eclipse, fabric.io (crashlyitcs), Jenkins, On-Site Team, Offshore Teams
UAT Mobile QA Lead
- Worked with software development teams to understand the architecture of new and existing applications.
- Reformatted daily structures for onsite and offshore teams (scrum times, goal objectives)
- Planned test approach and develop automated and manual scripts using standard testing toolset and framework.
- Ensured best practices in script maintainability and version control are applied
- Worked with software development teams to ensure automated tests are executed consistently and results are available for follow up and reporting.
- Tested on iOS and Android mobile devices
- Multi-tasked and effectively prioritized and organized work in an environment with multiple active projects and aggressive deadlines.
- Collaborated effectively with various technical and business roles such as product management, software engineering, project management, end users, and upper management.
Environment: Agile Methodology: Scrum Reports, Standup Meetings, Sprints, SQuIDS ( Confidential Internal Bug Tracking Tool) VersionOne Enterprise Edition (Story Tracking Tool), Windows 7 and 8, Server 2008, 2012, VPN, Hyper V, Dell, Apple, NetApp, AV, Mobile Devices both iOS and Android, Device Anywhere (DA), Offshore Teams, Onsite Teams
Senior Mobile QA Tester
- Perform various types of testing including white box, black box, integration, back-end DB validation, system testing as needed
- Create Detailed Test Cases for full requirement coverage
- Created Traceability Requirement Matrix
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases
- Organized Test Case and validation activities
- Organized defects Priority
- Coordinated Test Case Reviews with stakeholders are being held as appropriate.
- Provide timeline, status, testing schedule reports, and updates on Application overall quality
- Ensured completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints
- Provided clarification to User Stories
- Ensured that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
Environment: Transitioned from Waterfall Methodology to Agile Methodology: Scrum Reports, Standup Meetings, Sprints, Some Test-Driven Development, Windows 7 and 8, Server 2008, 2012, VPN, Hyper V, Dell, Apple, NetApp, AV, Mobile Devices
Senior QA Tester
- Conducted Mobile, Manual, and Automated testing, and quality assurance of both Web based and Client/Server applications
- Performed Demos to Senior Management and Business Users after each Release to explain new functionalities.
- Tested Applications to ensure they comply with Business requirements
- Set up projects in Quality Center, wrote test cases, executed them and performed bug tracking
- Attended regular project testing meetings
- Participated and lead Daily Scrums in Team Lead’s Absence
- Extensively performed manual testing of the application to ensure the quality of the software as per Business Requirement Document
- Worked closely with developers to understand the problems encountered in the application.
- Prepared Defect Tracking document and Test Data sheets and test run analysis to ensure high-quality and defect-free application software that meets the needs of the business
- Reported testing status on a daily basis to the testing team lead
- Attended Change Request meetings and Master Release Plans to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes
- Met with Developers and Business Analysts to design functional specifications before each Release
Environment: Quality Center, Clear Quest, SQL server, UNIX, FTP, SOAPUI, Web sphere, MQ SERIES, Mainframe, Waterfall.
Manual QA Tester
- Involved in Execution of Test Plans, Test Cases & Test Scripts by reviewing the UCR’s, BR, and TR.
- QA status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to project team.
- Monitored status using Clear case to close the bugs/cases as and when fixed.
- Analyzed all the bugs in Defect manager in the clear case during End-To-End testing.
- Performed Integration Testing, Functionality testing, System Testing, and Back end testing.
- Developed extensively test conditions and test cases and test scripts against Test Scenarios for Access application.
- Verifying various transactions on the System from front end and back end of the system.
- Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management.
- Made extensive use of SQL in DB2 with AQT interface to retrieve data from the tables. Tested the backend database using SQL queries
Environment: Quality Center, Clear Quest, SQL server, UNIX, FTP, SOAPUI, Web sphere, MQ SERIES, Mainframe
QA Manual Tester
- Testing all modules of the Confidential Website
- Create test cases and test scripts for both positive and negative test scenarios.
- Execute Functional testing, GUI testing, System Integration testing and Regression testing.
- Perform Functional testing of main and sub modules to verify that the images, pricing and product attributes are accurate.
- Perform Integration testing between Product selection, Shopping Cart and Checkout modules to ensure that users can add items to cart.
- Cross browser testing using IE, Yahoo, Google, and Firefox.
- Logged defects with detailed description and steps to reproduce HP quality center
- Used Recovery Scenarios to handle error.
- Used WS tool to send required data such as inventory definitions, inventory totals, and daily sales from myMicros; an application which runs on top of myInventory.
- Participated in daily review meetings to counter daily problems with the developers for fixing the bugs.
- Time to time discussions with business analyst to know more details of the project.