- Experienced Agile Coach/Scrum Master with a passion for enabling teams in delivering the highest business value and customer satisfaction. With a proven track record of delivering high - quality software within Government agencies and private industries, on time and within budget. I have developed a wide range of communication and interpersonal relationship skills throughout the years that has aided growth as a team player and a servant leader.
- AGILE Methodology
- JIRA, Version One, Visio
- Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC)
- Scaled Agile Framework
- Agile Project Management
- Performing team
- Data Warehousing
- Agile games
- Servant leadership
- Removing impediments
- Requirements Gathering
- Scrum Ceremonies
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Team Accountability
- Automated Testing
- Collaborative attitude
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem solving
- Decision Making
- Value Based Prioritization
- Business Analysis
- Process improvement
- Project Management
- Customer Focus
- Result oriented
- Data Governance
- Design thinking
- Backlog grooming
- Sales force
- Trained Scrum Teams and leadership on Agility and Scrum, Core Protocols, product ownership, and technical skills
- Coaching teams on the proper way of writing user stories using the INVEST model and ensuring stories meet the definition of “Ready” for the next sprint(s).
- Managed projects in JIRA and confluence and coached team members and resolved conflicts as at when needed
- Facilitated team level Agile processes and release train execution around requirements definition, scope, and delivery.
- Assist the release train engineer with PI planning and ART delivery
- Leveraged previous experiences and best practices with a collaborative attitude to help drive increased effectiveness in the value and quality of software.
- Facilitate training on RALLY agile management tool for new scum masters and development team
- Collaborating with Leads to assist with the program leadership team for major programs or initiatives impacting the train
- Worked with product owners on managing dependencies between the Scrum teams, third parties and release managers, or between the Scrum teams
- Facilitated the adoption of the scrum framework such as daily scrum, sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews, sprint retrospective and other scrum meetings as needed.
- Assisted teams to identify, communicate and resolve or escalate impediments and issues; Run interference for non-critical unplanned work that may prevent the team from completing their planned sprint goal.
Scrum Master- Senior consultant
- Led 2 scrum teams in developing and maintaining customer experience dashboards
- Coached individuals and facilitated interactions over processes and tools.
- Removed barriers and impediments that are preventing the team from completing their work.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Facilitating release planning and sprint planning with the product owner and the development team.
- Drive continuous improvement through the facilitation of team and leadership retrospectives, ensuring teams effectively prioritize, plan, and execute in improvement ideas.
- Experience in Agile techniques such as User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing and Agile Games
- Ability to resolve conflicts by adhering to the scrum values such as openness, honesty, and respect.
- Utilized appropriate tools, metrics, and techniques to successfully guide the team’s progress against the sprint plan.
- Helped those outside the scrum teams understand which of their interactions with the scrum teams helpful and which ones are not.
- Acted as Proxy product owner to get clarifications across to the development team within the shortest possible lead-time.
- On-boarded 7 new scrum teams in the software development department
- Transformed teams and organizations from waterfall to Agile methodologies.
- Acted as Release Train Engineer during PI planning
- Organized and facilitated sprint planning, daily stand-up, demos, and retrospectives for new scrum teams until scrum masters were hired and onboarded
- Utilized Agile Scrum practices to help the team increase their velocity by 63% within the first year of Agile adoption
- Exemplifying the servant leadership role to shield the team from external distractions.
- Assisted with making appropriate commitments to deliver business value through story selection, definition of tasks and estimation.
- Assisted the Product Owner with documentation of User Stories using the INVEST model and making sure the acceptance criteria was clear and attainable.
- Implement at least two lessons learned from each sprint retrospective into follow-up sprint to make continuous improvements in processes and with people
- Removed team impediments daily to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables.
- Articulated stakeholder’s metrics to the scrum teams and accurately reported progress, risks, successes, and failures.
- Mentored and coached the teams on Agile methodology, scrum values and process
- Worked closely with product owner in product backlog management and continuous delivery of features
- Facilitated daily scrums and developed action plans for inventory maintenance as well as established the project timelines resulting in the increase of timely shipments by 12% (Q1).
- Leveraged JIRA and Confluence to elicit and define business and technical requirements, track requirements, prioritize features, curate content, sequence deliverables into sprints, and report progress
- Conducted technical training sessions regarding Agile development methods.
- Assisted the Product Owner with documentation of User Stories; making them clear and stay within an acceptable criterion.
- Responsible for maintenance and tracking of sprint backlog and prioritization
- Provided leadership and coaching to teams to encourage adoption of good AGILE practices
- Sat in scrum ceremonies to facilitate team maturation and helped to facilitate Daily Scrum, Sprint planning, sprint reviews and Sprint retrospectives
- Facilitated sprint planning, sprint reviews, daily scrums, retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, and software demonstrations.
- Protected development team from outside distractions, impediments, or team conflicts, and maintain focus on sprint backlog and project timeline.
- Changed the culture of software development department from waterfall to agile methodology.
- Adhered to Agile initiatives through coaching and mentoring.
- Acted as an agile coach throughout the state agency training and educating team members on the agile framework.
- Worked closely with product owner in product backlog management and continuous delivery of features.
- Direct and lead development team from project initiation through the delivery of the final product.
- Provided leadership, direction, and coaching to the team to encourage adoption of good agile practices
Jr. Scrum Master
- Organized and facilitate release planning, sprint planning, daily stand-up, demos, and retrospectives.
- Fostered a continuous learning environment which helped teams to inspect & adapt
- Managed all Scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Ensured that teams actions were aligned with Epics, Features and Stories
- Conducted technical training sessions regarding Agile development methods.
- Partner with the Product Management team and business units on lightweight, living planning documents, like an Agile Product Roadmap.
- Work with Product owner to groom product Backlog, story prioritization, release, and sprint planning.
- Verify user stories with core team and ensure that all prioritized user stories have acceptance criteria.