- Business Systems Analyst professional with 8+ years of strong experience working with complex projects related to software development within financial, banking and healthcare industries.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Requirement Management Life Cycle, Requirement Gathering and Documentation, Business process management(BPM), Solutions Design Documents, Requirement management plan, Use Casing, Functional Specification, Business Case Analysis, Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Experienced working with other Business Partners, Stakeholders, Technical Team, SME’s, Project Managers in all of the projects.
- Extensive knowledge of Object - Oriented Analysis and Design using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall.
- Experienced in JIRA for keeping track of the user stories, O365 products, Excel, V-lookups, Pivot Tables, and Conditional Formatting.
- Experienced working with applications running on JAVA platforms, UI/UX and Web Services
- Knowledge in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) with Informatica into a data warehouse/date mart and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Tableau and Power BI.
- Worked in Financial Services Industry and possesses excellent knowledge in Asset management, Capital Markets in areas such as Fixed Income, Equities, Risk, Over the Counter (OTC) Derivatives, Electronic Trading Floor Applications, Financial Reporting using Business Objects, SAP BW and Spreadsheets, leading and managing Business Process Re-engineering.
- Skilled with SQL queries, MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, RDBMS and database design for Data Analysis, Data mapping, Data migration, data integration.
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, MicroStrategy, Data warehouse, Data Modeling and Design and also Share point and Confluence.
- Experienced in interacting with business users and executives to identify information needs, gather Requirements, and authoring Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using UML modeling.
- Expert in translating business objectives into prioritized Functional Requirements and recommending feasible solutions to business problems.
- Excellence in training and mentoring team members with product knowledge and business processes.
- Good organizational skills including ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, problem solving, attention to detail and manage complex issues.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, gap analysis, cost/benefit analysis, risk analysis, testing, development of functional specifications and project planning.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Participated in system-related tasks such as product definition, requirement elicitation meetings system architecture, requirements writing, requirements management, requirements analysis, risk analysis, hazard analysis, product test and evaluation, system V & V, and/or design control documentation.
- Elicited user requirements using interviews, JAD sessions, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Wrote requirements specifications for web applications running on Java as per standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Experienced working with Web services like REST, managed the data in databases using SQL queries and have an understanding of the data flow between the systems and tested APIs using Postman
- Decomposed high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Represented requirements using alternative views such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, wireframes or scenarios, context diagrams, swim lane diagrams where appropriate.
- Worked with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau to connect to data from various sources and to create visualizations and interactive dashboards to aid in business decisions related to the project.
- Led requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements were complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conformed to standards.
- Entered, manipulated, and reported on requirements stored in DOORS.
- Managed requirements traceability information and tracked requirements status.
- Identified requirement errors and defects and wrote requirement defect identification and notification reports and participated in requirements prioritization and optimizing design processes.
- Managed changes to requirements baseline through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Designed and conducted system level characterization and verification of complex systems. Collected, organized, analyzed and documented test results.
- Assisted with the development of the organization's requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- Created test plans and test cases and performed, end to end testing, User Acceptance Testing with users to make sure that all the product specifications are met.
- Followed all EHS rules and procedures. Reported any EHS incidents and/or Near Misses (unsafe acts and conditions) promptly to supervisor.
- Attended all required training and medical surveillance programs. Forwarded any opportunities to improve the EHS program to supervisor.
Environment: IBM Rational DOORS, Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS), Tableau, Office 365, MS Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excess), MS Visio, SharePoint, SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle
Confidential, Smithfield, RI
- Organized and facilitated meetings with the business and technical team to gather requirements and prioritized them based on the business needs.
- Prepared backlog for the future projects and completed analysis on the stories that should be include in the backlog.
- Created as-is and to-be business process flows to understand the changes in data and to make sure it meets all the business requirements.
- Captured requirements from the offshore modeler and posted it to the JIRA and prioritized those based of the business needs.
- Prepared System Requirement Analysis (SRA) and Functional Specification Document (FSD) with different diagrams using MS Visio.
- Prepared and updated Business Requirement Document (BRD) for two separate projects and prioritized them based on the technical complexity.
- Created, updated, and assigned stories using JIRA and kept a track of the stories in order to finish it before end of the sprint.
- Worked closely with Asset Management division and gained knowledge in asset management business, equities, fixed income, bonds, global asset allocation and customized client solutions
- Worked with the Project Manager and Technical leads to prepare plan document and presentations
- Analyzed the SQL codes to find out the source tables and divided the drivers into different subject areas for WI WIDE MRD.
- Analyzed the data collected from the various source tables and participated in making business decisions for forecasting the future customers and made use of Business Intelligence tools like Power BI to create reports and dashboards
- Did QA for each of the drivers that was created for the WI WIDE MRD for three different Models (Large Market, Mid-Market and Emerging Market).
- Took notes from the meetings and sent it to everyone with decision, discussion and action items that had been covered in the meeting.
- Involved in different projects and uploaded documents for each project to SharePoint to made sure all the documents were updated and available for future use.
Environment: Agile, JIRA, Visio, UML Diagram, Power BI, SAS,data MS Office, Excel, PgAdmin III, Amazon web services
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Interacted with stakeholders by interviewing them and by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Communicated Project Requirements, Business Issues, Solution and made recommendations.
- Kept track of the requirement list and organized meetings with the business, developers and technical leads.
- Prepared System Requirement Analysis (SRA) with the conceptual process flow.
- Developed different types of diagram like process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, and business workflows.
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, doing GAP Analysis and documenting them textually or within models.
- Applied SQL queries and identified the source tables and divided them into different subject areas.
- Analyzed and documented Business Requirements and detailed design of the enhancements incorporated into the mobile check deposit application which was running on Java platforms.
- Supported the assigned Project Manager with creating detailed project plans and assisting in developing, scheduling, and tracking project timelines.
- Created existing process flow and conceptual process flow based on the requirement of the MRD process.
- Created Use-Cases using UML tools and Process Analysis tool such as Fishbone Diagram and Business Process Flow Chart using MS Visio.
- Created Use-Case Scenarios and documented workflow and business process.
- Used MS Visio for flow charting, process model and architectural design of the application.
- Performed UAT, pilot testing, parallel testing for the mobile application project.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different Stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolved any issues and came to an agreement quickly.
Environment: Agile, JIRA, MS Visio, SQL, MySQL, UML Diagrams, MS Office Suite, Oracle
Business Systems Analyst
- Performed Requirement Gathering & analysis by actively soliciting, analyzing and negotiating customer requirements and prepared the requirements specification document for the application using MS Word.
- Performed testing for Medicare, Medicaid and X-Over claims for Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
- Managed Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) for automating and Regulatory document repositories for submissions to the FDA.
- Identified, analyzed and resolved problems related to the existing system configuration.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Conducted Business Requirements meetings to identify and document business requirements. Performed analysis on project scope parameters (GAP Analysis, Cost /Benefit).
- Interacted with the Development team to help write technical specifications to describe Functional Requirement Documents (FRD), Business Requirement Documents (BRD), design specifications and module specifications.
- Prepared Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio for better clarity, ensured documented process and flows using Visio.
- Analyzed application requirements with UML process modeling and documented Dialogue application. Used Agile/Scrum Development methodology throughout Project Life Cycle.
- Developed UML Use Case model for the application using MS Visio and assigned to prepare the detailed Workflow Diagram based on the proposed enhancement for the system.
- Organized meetings to discuss outstanding issues with QA and developers and was involved in user acceptance testing.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Agile/Scrum, JIRA, SQL, Windows XP, HP Quality Center, Business Objects, MS Visio.