- Respected and accomplished business professional with over 15 years of experience in Software Engineering (information systems, medical, human resources, telecom, insurance and automotive industries) with large, and mid - sized organizations.
- Competencies include exceptional problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Expertise in requirements management, authoring project documentation and championing business process improvements for Point of Sale applications.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment. Methodology utilization includes both agile and waterfall using Service Now, Sales Force, JIRA and Pivotal.
- Experience also includes leading development team through sprints acting as the Agile Coach/ScrumMaster to ensure deliverables are met.
ServiceNow Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Facilitate Daily Scrum Meetings, Retrospectives and Release Planning meetings. In addition, manage and facilitate Incident, Request, Maintenance and Defects.
- Elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for business processes from users
- Understand complex business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and help recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals
- Capture and document current or new business products and recommend improvements and efficiencies
- Work individually and within a team setting to deliver requirements on time and within scope
- Present approved requirements to Business, Development in walk through meetings
- Mitigate project risk by formulating testing strategies and assist users and developers in testing of key deliverables
- Adhere to best practices regarding business analysis based on the group’s standards
- Work with Sales and Marketing to collect, determine impact and in corporate market intelligence (i.e. competitive activity, retail trends and trade/consumer promotional activity) into the forecast for wine and spirits
- Built the foundation for the development effort by capturing the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups utilizing Salesforce.
- Paired with Salesforce Admin and Developers to create requirements (business, user and software requirements — functional and non-functional) and established traceability to the business vision
- Created and tested user stories and acceptance criteria (paired with development) through the program/project lifecycle for the Sales, Marketing, Service and Support modules in Salesforce
- Played a critical communications role by interacting with users (business domain) and with development and testing
- Ensure the requirements were specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and were understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested
- Collaborated with the program/project manager and the business customer(s) to define requirements stakeholders, requirements conflict resolution procedures and the requirements team structure
- Understanding of the software development approach being used and defined how the requirements developed would be conducted (i.e. elicitation, analysis, specification and validation)
- Facilitated sprints as an Agile Coach/Scrum master by leading daily standups, iterative planning meetings, estimating, and retrospectives
Senior Business Analyst
- Requirement management via facilitating elicitation sessions
- Coordinated integrations with external customers who use applicant tracking systems - Kenexa, Taleo, iCIMS, Bullhorn and Greenhouse
- Provided accurate communications between the internal stakeholder and the development team
- Paired with developers to create and execute test cases
- Led daily stand up, sprint grooming and retrospectives
- Authored current state analysis, scope specification, user stories and user acceptance documents using JIRA and Confluence
- Executed multiple projects, writing stories in an Agile environment for the development and product management teams .
- Requirement gathering to modernize older applications
- Creation of confluence documents for internal applications - WebASAP, ASAP Verify
- Created and Facilitated presentations to not only the leadership team, but to the entire company
- Educated the company on best practices from Fortune 50 companies
Senior Business Analyst
- Provided input on Project Lifecycle best practices and industry standards
- Collaborated with management, process owners, and subject matter experts from various product teams and functional departments to capture, document and validate business requirements.
- Facilitated requirement gathering sessions
- Created and executed end to end test cases for a newly created release tracker built on top of Salesforce
- Coordinated with business owners to evaluate existing processes and policies; perform fit/gap analysis
- Perform root cause analysis; identify and propose opportunities for improvement
- Conducted assessments; synthesize findings; make recommendations; present read-outs to leadership
- Facilitated process design workshops
- Delivery of a Daily Action List application to the store phones (2000 stores), which allows store associates the ability to work emergency price changes on the weekends, which improved store price change responsiveness by 30%. This created a dependable automated replenishment to avoid out of stock items.
- Created, Managed and Delivered an “urgent alert” task feature to the store associates’ phone, (2000 stores) when a “Buy Online Pick up in Store” order is cancelled. This alert requires the on-hand adjustment of the SKU to be updated within 24 hours, which resulted in a reduction of 20% fewer customer order cancellations
- Managed “Freight Bill” application, which allows store associates in the receiving area the visibility to view what is arriving at the store, which included a layout for how to unload cartons and pallets, which resulted in a savings of 30 steps per associate reducing the number of associates it takes to unload a truck
- Delivered an application to the store phones, which allows the store associates to save four “clicks”, when a vendor provides full credit versus partial credit for a markdown
- Considerably shortened production support backlog by 30%, by initiating a daily checklist for engineers and implementing a pairing process for defects only