- DL/I Vsam
- File Aid
- Dialog Manager
- DCF Script
- Member of a two - person “Special Projects” team reporting directly to a Vice President. Responsibilities include resolving Production emergencies, working on high-priority projects, developing subroutines, implementing products, and programmer support.
- Programmed all mailings to Clients and Participants of Mutual of America. Implemented the maximum level of quality control and developed programs to verify data.
- Worked on a Top Priority Project for the re-issuance of Contract and Certificates with a 9-month deadline. Wrote new programs that allowed us to complete the project in 3 months.
- Provided all programming support and assistance to the Marketing department.
- Wrote programs to convert Cobol Copybooks to Easytrieve record formats; Microsoft word documents to DCF Script (GML); and HTML to DCF Script.
- Assigned to troubleshoot performance issues by reviewing long-running batch jobs. Reduced one daily job from a 4 hour run time to 6 minutes by rewriting the programs.
- Provided customized reports and documents using DCF Script, Xerox Metacode, PCL, and Postscript.
- Served as liaison between the Programming staff and Technical Support.
- Implemented and supported IBM’s ‘Configuration Library Management (SCLM)’ software product. This included creating translators (compilers), converting programs, implementing security, and writing user exits using REXX code.
- Appointed SCLM Administrator while retaining programming responsibilities.
- Developed programs that analyzed load modules to determine existing compile options. This ensures they are given the correct SCLM Language code. Converted Librarian Include statements to Cobol Copy statements and other changes to allow existing Source Code to pass through SCLM’s parser logic.
- Installed and supported processes to store all Open Systems applications on the Mainframe using IBM’s SCLM’s Breeze and Cloud 9 products. This included 9 separate Open Systems projects, every type of file extension, creating 54 batch jobs and the maintenance of 36 VSAM files and more than 1500 PDS’s
- Created and enhanced ISPF Panels for SCLM using Dialog Manager and REXX.
- Provided SCLM training to application programmers and the change management staff.
- Developed a Consolidated Patient Statement that merged data from different systems and different platforms to a single Patient statement that would be formatted according to the data. The statements were printed using PCL, Postscript or Xerox advanced printing functions. This allowed us to use multiple fonts, personalized greetings, and marketing messages targeted to that patient.
- Created remittance processing system for HMOs and redesigned the HealthQuest remittance process.
- Generated tape-billing programs for commercial carriers.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Designed and coded an automated procedure to implement System Update Tapes. This included the JCL to load the software, prepare backups, perform restores, compress files, and check for errors on the Update tape. The software was provided to the vendor and they incorporated it into their product.
- Designed reports and processes that allowed our Patient Accounting department to reduce A/R by 35%. Presented the process at a Board of Directors meeting.
- Designed and maintained interfaces to foreign systems.
- Designed programs to overcome the limitations of the SMS system. This included remittance processing and correcting bills that were generated within the SMS day-end.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Made changes to the HealthQuest system to satisfy the needs of the hospital and multiple clinics. Examined the disaster recovery plan and implemented changes to guarantee its success.
- Installed and supported an Accounts Receivable Tracking System.
- Installed and customized IBM’s Patient Accounting System for an evaluation period.
- Made customizations to the ADT system using PCS.