- Sr. Business Systems Analyst with over 8+ years of experience distributed across entire aspects of general information technology industry and its applications in e - commerce, retail and supply chain sector with in-depth end-to end understanding of Omni-channel, B2B and B2C processes.
- Experience in different business flows including quoting, ordering, Config & Pricing, Invoicing and Subscription management.
- Experience defining requirements for eCommerce platforms powered by WebSphere Commerce, Sterling Commerce, and Endeca.
- Expertise in Sterling OMS, a Sterling Commerce Supply Chain Management Tool.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Object Oriented Analysis and Design Methodology.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions through interviews and workshops with subject matter experts and business users.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and requirements gathering and writing system functional specifications including use cases.
- Experience in working with external clients to determine the best solution for an e-commerce site
- Strong knowledge in B2B and B2C commerce applications include an Omni-Channel Offering, Product Information Management, Order Management, Hybris Marketing Conversion, and powerful search and merchandising.
- Highly accomplished in planning, integrating, and revising E-Commerce Business Websites.
- Solid understanding of supply chain, project management, logistics with saving in budget.
- Experienced in Requirement Gathering, Elicitation, and Analysis, RFP Development, Change Management, Effort Estimation, Functional Testing, Coordinating Quality Assurance and Client Engagement/Relationship Management.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases.
- Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Facilitate Joint Application Development and brainstorming sessions with business and IT teams to provide better functionality and solutioning for the application being developed.
- Expertise in documenting Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Use Cases, Functional Requirements.
- Conduct sessions to understand the business needs, assumptions made and the dependencies or road blockers throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Conducted efforts to change to the existing e-commerce application to the new digital e-commerce project.
- Conduct requirement gathering sessions and elicited requirements from different sources i.e., customer feedback, stakeholders and surveys and reviews.
- Helps to establish Omni-channel measurement at the customer level for new CRM tool and mobile marketing beacons to connect in store behaviors to online users.
- Documenting workflow analysis on the business area processes, systems, and information flows, as part of agile project management activities.
- Acted as SPOC (Single-point-of-contact) at offshore for any functional aspect of the IBM Sterling OMS application and its features for the assigned module.
- Worked on WebSphere Commerce Catalog subsystem, Member subsystem, Order management subsystem, Account subsystem and Payment Subsystem.
- Gather and analyze High Level Business Requirements and Detailed Level Business Requirements by conducting sessions with stakeholders and communicate it to business team for approval.
- Created supply chain KPIs, such as Distribution Center Ranking Dashboard; based on three main key metrics: on-time, fill-rate, and operation's customer satisfaction survey, which engages logistics team on corrective action in quarterly meetings with distribution center business partners.
- Gathered requirements for Order management, Warehouse management system (WMS), Ecommerce B2Cand B2B portals.
- Acted as the primary analyst on Reserve Online and Pick in-Store initiative that offered advancement in Omni-channel retailing by IBM Sterling OMS (Order Management System) as the inventory controller of merchandise sold at e-commerce.
- Managed marketing & development for reseller product including a complete redesign of the reseller management portal.
- Work closely with both business and technology partners to understand enterprise objectives and initiatives and what impact they have on systems.
- Used IBM Websphere for Mobile application in giving seamless shopping experience to guest in selecting products, shopping cart, check out, bill payments modes.
- Acted as a Product owner in an agile team responsible for gathering requirements from business stakeholders and converting them into user stories in rally.
- Supports multiple clients with system and business requests and needs using JIRA and SharePoint.
- Performed back-end testing for data validation using SQL queries.
- Responsible for creating different sessions and workflows to load the data to Data Warehouse using Informatica Workflow Manager
- Conducted JAD sessions with supply chain management and development team to brain storm Point of Sale (POS) and Inventory and Order Management System (IOMS).
- Documented the Process Flows for B2C and B2B in the High-Level Requirements Document.
- Gather and define functional/non-functional and system requirements specification documents.
- Conducted requirement walkthrough and knowledge sharing sessions for application development and quality assurance teams
- Planned and performed analysis of e-commerce activities and/or functions and guides the subsequent design and implementation or improvement of existing ecommerce applications
- Discovered and defined mobile applications requirements in the space of business goals, business needs, defining the true problem and discovering the business process and related changes.
- Managed multiple A/B test projects including tagging, analysis, and recommendations for the direct and contract business channels of Ecommerce
- Interacted with the software developers from time to time at each phase of the SDLC in creating test cases and designing test plans.
- Create use cases, data mapping documents, process flow diagrams and user stories, as artifacts for the project and manage all project documentation on SharePoint.
- Assisted in developing data flow diagrams based on Use Cases using Visio.
- Extended customer subscriptions, offering discounts and promotions to ensure high customer retention rates.
- Perform Production Validation Testing for Front-end and Back-end systems and be involved with the planning and execution of User Acceptance Testing to evaluate the system performance.
- Involved closely with the Developer and Testing team during defect resolution phase; conduct and document UAT.
Business Systems Analyst
- Researched various steps in project lifecycle and constructed system in a way that the high-risk material would be easily identified and monitored.
- Created weekly Metrex User login reports in SQL Server Stored procedures for Dynamics CRM
- Facilitated business requirements gathering sessions with the business and overlooked the creation of Use Cases/Activity Diagrams and Functional Specifications using Visio.
- Responsible for full system development lifecycle in Salesforce cloud from the first day on till couple of major deployments.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) for communicating and managing expectations to discuss ways of integration of rational tools with current system.
- Assisted in developing Visualforce page using the extension controller as per the client's requirement and also Salesforce customized reports and dashboards in real time.
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel to build MRP models for inventory management identifying shortage and excess inventory.
- Gathered Business requirements and documented them and translated them into system specifications and business process flow for internal and B2B web services.
- Responsible for delivering solutions for Retail, Manufacturing, CPG customers.
- Comprehensive platform assessments and gap analysis done for potential clients using Hybris, IBM Commerce, Oracle ATG
- Developing e-commerce business solutions for existing B2C and B2B models through implementing the generic flows using different IBM integration platforms.
- Worked on analyzing and solution of the Net change View for subscription billing changes after subscription is modified, Auto renewal and cancellation of subscriptions for different segments.
- Involved in project scope meetings with the Pricing manager to understand the type of requests and issues handled by the pricing team and documented the high-level business requirements to the product backlog using JIRA Agile.
- Wrote BRD, FRD, use cases, test scenarios, test cases for testing the functional and non-functional aspects of both ETL jobs and Reporting jobs.
- Adopted Agile/ SCRUM methodologies to monitor, steer and develop project objectives.
- Worked on an eCommerce website and customer product management portal.
- Performed the role of business analyst for many end of end retail software applications including
- Responsible for current and ongoing review of system architecture to ensure proper support of E-Commerce projects. Commerce and Omni-channel implementation for various retailers.
- Have applied SDLC during the projects to develop new products under the B2C Application.
- Knowledge of e-commerce technology platform which supports faster site performance, more effective merchandising and easier management of multiple web sites.
- Implemented complete POC (Proof of concept) for Usage based contracts & billing using counters.
- Responsible to take input from the business analysts and project engineers to develop and maintain the detailed schedule.
- Prepare process maps including gathering data, investigating cause-effect relationships, identifying gaps and recommendations for improvements, and measuring process performance.
- Followed Agile SDLC methodology from requirement analysis through deployment, using Agile methodology
- Created UML Diagrams (Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams) using MS-Visio.
- Worked closely with business, technical, design and customer service teams to exceed customer expectations.
- Coordinated with the business partners in conducting the UAT (User Acceptance) Testing
Business Systems Analyst
- Involved in Inception Phase and prepared vision statement and initial data models that contain Business Requirement Documents and supporting documents that contains the essential business elements and detailed definitions.
- Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using structured SDLC approach.
- Used IBM WebSphere for Mobile application in giving seamless shopping experience to guest in selecting products, shopping cart, check out, bill payments modes.
- Created micro niche websites using WordPress to strategically establish a better SEO presence by funneling customers from the micro websites to our main E-Commerce site.
- Managed and maintained all efforts involving Organic Search Engine Optimization as well as Paid Search Engine Marketing Campaigns.
- Streamlined all physical stock inventory to display the E-Commerce site products inventory level in real time.
- Involved in analysis of the technical specifications of the current system and the infrastructure needs, performed Gap analysis.
- Manage the Web Solutions & Enterprise Content Management team providing leadership to a technical team supporting all web environments, applications and the enterprise content management system
- Responsible for ensuring that the Organizational Change Management process is being followed correctly
- Controlled implementations of changes, review RFC, plan
- Gathered requirements for the integration of the payment terminals
- Performed both manual testing as well as automated testing on various releases
- Extensively used MS Project for project management
- Participated in cross-functional team meetings to identify, define and document business requirements, business rules, use cases, process workflow, mock-ups, assumptions, risks and dependencies of incorporating Sterling OMS with existing TDS systems. Also, identified configuration adjustments to be made to Sterling OMS software to meet business needs.
- Migration of a highly customized SharePoint internet/intranet farm using PowerShell including setup of Active Directory trusts, SharePoint security, forms-based authentication.
- Management of IT Application and infrastructure change request, approvals and the scheduled release in to the production systems.
- Prepared Scrum artifacts - product backlog with user stories, sprint backlog, burn down charts, and sprint releases using JIRA.
- Comprehensive work on B2B applications and B2C applications in transaction processing and E-commerce applications.
- Documented use cases, workflow diagrams, screen mock-ups and functional requirements specification documents for various functionalities like Site Search, Product Detail Page, Shopping Cart and Checkout Process for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Performed feasibility study and planned automated testing implementation in the project
- Review requirements and understand technical recommendations and constraints, and develop comprehensive and accurate functional specifications; Data Mapping, and process flows.
- Gathered Business Requirements from the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and documented the requirements in the BRD.
- Worked with offshore developers to walkthrough wireframes and FRS on various functionalities like Site Search, Product Detail Page, Shopping Cart and Checkout process for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Prepared Business Context Diagram, Use Case diagrams and corresponding Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose to depict the workflows to be incorporated into the development of Pega Business Process Management (BPM) tool.
- Responsible to create AS IS and TO BE Business Process Flow diagrams in MS Visio
- Manage, coordinate and coach subordinate Business Analysts relative to the planning, estimations and decisions for the entire software development lifecycle, using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT groups. Identified the Key Changes, and participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them.
- Conducts business requirement elicitation with the business and work with the Project Manager to ensure that all the impacted teams (business stakeholders, application owners, process owners, developers and testers.) are engage on the project.
- Requirements gathering, Writing story documents in Agile methodology. Manage solution scope, changes to requirements, and requirements conflicts.
- Involved in developing business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT), gathered and documented User Manuals and Business Rules.
Business Systems Analyst
- Analyze B2C and B2B web properties and create new business plan, business requirements, and staffing requirements
- Gathered requirements for both B2B and B2C parts of the project.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data
- Performing end to end system testing of the customized ATG BCC tool. Preparation and execution of business scenarios to validate the implementation of the ATG ecommerce suite.
- Employed Scrum Methodology within an agile development environment to improve software development processes and elevate product quality while meeting defined goals and key deadlines.
- Managed SOA/Process Integration Prepared High Level Logical Data Models and BRD’s (Business Requirement Documents) supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Provided weekly, monthly & ad hoc web analytics reports using Adobe SiteCatalyst & Google Analytics.
- Helped team removing impediments by proper communication within Scrum team and timely mitigating project risks.
- Used the Agile (Scrum) methodology to carry out every step of the business modeling process.
- Participated in the testing of B2B and B2C websites, including creating test plan and test cases, executing test cases (including regression and ad-hoc testing), and defect management
- Involved in designing and developing project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Obtained Data requirements, identified data sources, determined the content of data fields and created Data Mapping Documents and performed Data Extraction and Data Compilation using SQL queries.
- Provided recommendation for use of ATG Commerce for B2B and B2C business.
- Created Process Flow diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Interaction Diagrams using Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose.
- Facilitating workshops, JAR/JAD sessions, during the inception of the new web-based application for the Portfolio Information.
- Maintained project plans, task, defect and issues lists, lead meetings to discuss all aspects of the project's execution, developed test scripts, executed UAT, participated in the QA process, and developed training materials and system documentation.
Confidential, CABusiness Systems Analyst
- Participates in project review meetings and working on gathering Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and System requirement specification (SRS)
- Prepare use cases, user stories and interact with technical team to make them understand the requirement.
- Followed agile methodologies in executing the project with daily standups, discussing roadblocks, documenting issues with JIRA tickets and updating the status
- Analyzed and manipulated large data sets
- Involve in manual testing and making sure the machine is able to understand the jargons, voice recognition and different ways of asking about the same product.
- Performed daily data queries and prepared reports on daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Generated Tableau combination charts using Tableau visualization software.
- Assisted in JAD sessions to gather information about user experience for developing the User Interface and Reporting.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries and conduct data analysis using SQL
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel like Pivot table, v-lookup
- Mapped existing and target state architecture, data events and data flows.
- Performed detailed data analysis in order to provide detailed business and data requirements including complex data.
- Using MS-Visio for flow-charting, process model and generates wireframes and prototype for the GUI.
- Create and manage Project templates, Use Case, requirement types and traceability matrix.
- Analyses business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Understanding the requirement, documenting, setting the objective, evaluating them and interact with the technical team to understand how feasibly we can develop the requirements.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translates high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
- Understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supports to enhance the enterprises competitive edge.