- Overall 8+ years of strong experience as a Business Analyst in delivering strategic IT projects with my analytical, business and management skills.
- Having In - depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and SOA methodologies.
- Having thorough understanding of various phases such as Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing, Risk and Security management.
- Experienced in Agile, waterfall, complete SDLC, and RUP methodologies.
- Good understanding of ICD9, ICD 10, HCPCS and CPT and experienced in backend programming including SQL Queries.
- Experienced in conducting JAD sessions, project meetings, reviews and walkthroughs.
- Excellent understanding on XML, HTML and Web Services.
- In depth understanding in developing Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) in visualizing and documenting the artifacts.
- Experienced in Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit and Integration testing.
- Knowledge on Medicare, Medicaid, SME in Claims Management System, Customer service like eligibility, benefit calculation, claim status check and claim submission.
- Carried out Project Management Activities like allocating tasks, reviewing estimation, monitoring and reporting project status, involved in knowledge management, defect management and business continuity planning and audits for the internal projects.
- Regularly interacted with the development team, database designer and the higher management to meet the deadlines of Project milestones.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, always willing to work in challenging and cross-platform environment.
- Conducted walkthroughs, surveys, questionnaires, interviews and brainstorming to elicit requirements from the customer.
- Managed projects involving multiple cross functional teams from client and vendor organization.
- Broad experience in Project Management Planning, Resource Allocation, Task Allocation and Monitoring of Tasks.
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, MS Visio, UML.
Configuration Mgt. Tools: Rational Clear Case, Microsoft Source Safe.
Change Mgt. Tools: Rational Clear Quest.
Test Management Tools: Test Director 8.0.
Languages: Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlet, Struts, Hibernate, VB.Net, ASP.Net, isual Basics, C++, DS.
Databases: Oracle9i, MS SQL Server, MS Access.
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP.
Applications Packages: MS Office, MS Project, Lotus notes, Active Directory, End Note.
Business Intelligence Tools: Business Objects Actuate Reporting Tool, Micro Strategy.
Confidential, O’Fallon, MO
Sr. Business Analyst / Scrum Master
- Work in close partnership with Business Leaders, Business Analysts and technology teams to discuss and elicit business and functional requirements to translate them into specific system Requirements and subsequent project objectives
- Provide technical analysis of product or application hardware and software to ensure that business and functional requirements can be met
- Facilitating daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, review and working with product owners on Product backlogs and handling scrum meetings for both offshore and onsite.
- Provide technical support to Business Owners during implementation of new products/services
- Define project requirements/priorities, estimate resources, and develop detailed selection
- Evaluation criteria
- Facilitate JAD sessions, collaborating with business and development teams on software UI designs and lead story elaboration sessions and wireframes.
- Prioritize and identify cross application/system enhancements
- Create user stories, back logs in JIRA, stories and elaboration, and support documentation
- Responsible for test scenarios creation, acceptance criteria, some testing, and test results review and manage defect resolution process
- Assist management in business case development and scenario planning leading to an effective decision making process
- Working in the analysis phase of developing shared web service platforms, including SOAP and RESTful API's
- Experience with gathering requirements and performing analysis for solutions using Information
- Security-related concepts: Cryptography - X.509, Certificate Management Protocol (CMP), public key cryptography standards, Identity and Access Management
- High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to handle multiple high-priority demands while driving consistent results
Environment: MS Visio, JIRA, Node.js, Rally, Cryptography, MS PKI Interfaces, API, SOAP, REST, JSON,AXIS, Web Services, SQL Server, Redis, SQL
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Interact with the Operations team and gather requirements for the enhancement of healthcare module in Patient plus application.
- Created user stories by taking inputs from business users and analyze the business requirements and its impact on the existing application.
- Involved in process improvement to support future strategies and emerging business.
- Prepare Requirement specification documents and conduct requirements walkthrough sessions with Operations, development and testing teams prioritizes and schedules projects by understanding cross-functional requirements and business strategies.
- Developed web portal to provide information about the patients insurance to provider and clients
- Conducted individual and group (JAD) sessions with business and technical units and subject matter expert.
- Created both high level use cases and detailed use cases to explain the system’s interaction with the users and assisting other team members.
- Work experience in requirements gathering and documentation of e-prior authorization, claims processing portal which stored patient account and send approved claims to financial edge for payments and deals with PDMI Transactions.
- Researched and analyzed various steps in claims processing lifecycle and created a system to monitor the riskier claims.
- Developed Use Case Diagram, Process flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams and created business flow diagrams using BPMN
- Worked on HIPPA Transactions 270,271,276,834,835 and 997 and involved in HIPPA gap analysis of ICD 9 and ICD 10 Initiatives.
- Involved in building up a new application using Service oriented architecture (SOA) and XML to integrate various application of patient plus.
- Analyzed and documented differences between the AS-IS and TO-BE processes and used BPMN to GAP Analysis to bridge the gap between business processes with BPMN Standards.
- Responsible to assist the testing team while creating test plans, test scripts and performing UAT and worked on multiple projects and implementation simultaneously.
- Completion of all relevant process documentation, including technical design, estimation of new projects and architectural design of both waterfall and agile.
- Provide timely and complete information to management on current projects, metrics, issues and opportunities. Plan and schedule project timelines, milestones and deliverables
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner and communicate resolutions.
- Administration of EDI trading partners as well as daily EDI administrative tasks such as resending batch transmissions, helping customers download via FTP.
- Assisting in the data classification system, protect information on provider portal and documenting the risk assessments.
- Actively involved in the migration project in designing and conduct feasibility studies and prepare business cases.
- Leading a team of 3 business analysts and 7 offshore developers and trained them with the business process
- Maintain and manage all project documents in SharePoint for version control and utilizing SharePoint 2013 dictionaries to help with implementations.
- Involved in writing and executing the SQL queries for testing applications.
Environment: SQL, SSRS, PL/SQL, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Visual Studio 2008,Visual Studio 2013, Business Objects, BPMN,MS Office 2008, MS Visio, IT Service Management, XML, HTML, TFS, Share point 2013,Share point 2008,SOA, Web services.
Business System Analyst
- Conducted requirements gathering through JAD sessions, brain storming with client and authored the Business Requirements and Use Case Specifications.
- Knowledge and experience in managing medium to large projects and process planning and facilitation techniques.
- Worked on documenting Business partner's requirements for UI and batch interfaces for the Merchandising and financial planning tool using Agile Methodologies along with Use Case and traceability matrix.
- Provides users and management with functional support on matters related to information security such as the criteria to use when selecting information security products.
- Working closely with business stakeholders in understanding their full lifecycles for merchandising, marketing, and email campaigns.
- These specifications included UML-based use case models and activity diagrams, and usability analysis/user interface specification including wireframes and usability analysis.
- Followed the RUP methodology for the entire SDLC.
- Gathered requirements using Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Conducted Gap Analysis for the system considering AS IS and TO BE features.
- Responsible for writing and implementation of the test plan, and various test cases.
- Initiated, proposed and implemented critical analytical and technical solutions extensively increasing the quantitative and qualitative value.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP), XML, XSL, XSLT, Visual Basic, MS Excel, MS Word, Microsoft Visio, .NET, PL SQL, Java Script, Java, SQL, Ecommerce, Business Objects, Oracle 9i, Unix, WinNT, Win Runner & Mercury Quality center.