- 6+ years of experience in Business Analysis, Business System Analysis, Business Process Re - engineering, Software Testing, with emphasis in Insurance industry specializing in Life, Property and Casualty, Workers Compensations and Professional Liabilities.
- Expertise in conduction of JAD Session with stakeholders, understanding and interpreting requirement specifications by conducting, facilitating, and participating Interview, Meeting, Brainstorming Session, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) with business and technical sides.
- Conversant with Project management, BPR and Process improvement. Conversant with logistics information (purchase and invoice) systems.
- Experience in Guidewire configuration and integration experience with claim center, policy center and Billing Center.
- Worked extensively with Life Insurance, Annuities and Policy Underwriting and Claims process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of claim life cycle: First Notice, Assignment, Evaluation, Settlement, Recovery and File.
- Expertise in Performing definition of user functional requirements by translating development and/or maintenance requirements into specifications; creates data file and database designs.
- Experience in applying Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology using Modeling and requirement documentation tools such as MS Office, MS VISIO, and MS Project.
- Conducted JAD Session and communicated with Stakeholders, Development team, SMEs, System Analyst, Business Analyst and Project Manager.
- Experience in Guidewire configuration and integration experience with claim center, policy center and Billing Center. Excellent knowledge and experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts.
- Experienced in manual testing, recreating errors and provide support to programmers to correct defects in the system. Facilitated UAT with the stakeholders and the business users
- Experienced in Systems Testing, Integration testing, and Software Quality Standards, Training, Documentation and implementation in a business environment.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience of writing SQL commands.
- Extensive process analysis, data analysis and analytics, data mapping and data modeling skills (ERD) to develop solutions to complex application, business and operational problems, and by performing business process re-engineering and process improvements where necessary.
Project Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, RUP, Scrum
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, Data Modeling, Business Modeling, Use Case Diagrams
Languages: SQL, HTML, XML
Bug Reporting Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center
Requirement Management Tools: Rational RequisitePro, Telelogic Doors
Defect Tracking Tools: Rational Clear Quest
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Business Applications: MS Project, MS SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Business Systems Analyst
- Optimized execution of the business rule engine, InRule unifies the domains of managed business logic and traditional systems processes.
- Generated different functions that could be used in business rules, giving rule makers greater choice InRule design. Worked on Commercial lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Performed system analysis on Guidewire Billing Center based on each user story and presented results to SME's. Developed User stories consisting of UI Mockups and Business Rules to capture the functional requirements of the Guidewire Billing Center.
- Responsible for acting as a liaison with operational and financial management, systems support and sales to identify business opportunities. Developed a file of ACORD Forms used as the standards in all Property and Casualty markets, for both Personal and Commercial Lines of Business.
- Assist Product Owner with Backlog grooming, User Story development and prioritization Manage workflow to ensure the on-time fulfilment of business priorities
- Experience in using jira to document epics, users stories, risks, issues, defects Well experienced with BPMN notation and flow diagrams.
- Experience working on Guidewire Claim Center, Policy Center and Billing Center Analyze the feasibility of and develop requirements for enhancements and defects related to the current Guidewire claims system.
- Involved in the UAT Testing for Guidewire policy/billing centers during the production run. Developed Training Strategies, Training Manuals, Process flows and Job aides on Guidewire projects.
- Extremely proficient in using Agile and XP methodologies performed roles of Scrum Master following sprint sessions and used Rally software extensively to write User Stories, assign tasks to individual team members.
- Used MS Visio to carry out the business modeling and object modeling effort to develop the systems architecture for the application for rapid and controlled Application development
- Used Agile to configure and develop process, standards and procedures. Creating and Designing XML schemas, creating simple and complex types, global element references, attribute, transform the XML to XSLT style sheet, XML validations by using Altova XML spy.
- Collaborate and interact with delivery teams contributing to the definition and delivery of the product and supporting processes/workflows to a high standard, within agreed timescales and within budget
- Worked on Agile Methodology in the process of the project management based on SDLC. Worked with software development team and end-users to create test cases
Business System Analyst
- Performed risk evaluation with underwriting department to determine premium for potential clients for each of the policies.
- Provided daily technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors and problems while booking policies and claims in Wheatley insurance system for commercial auto, general liability, worker compensation, and commercial package.
- Used frequency and Severity model of Actuarial to interpret and produce graphical representations of loss and counting distribution
- Tested the final application for usability testing (UAT) to verify whether all the user requirements were catered to, by the application.
- Extensively used SQL in order to retrieve data from the databases by writing Stored Procedures, views, triggers etc.
- Used Complex SQL queries using joins and sub-queries to test the reports generated by the different modules as a part of back-end testing.
- Performed UAT testing along with call center managers to make sure that application meets their requirements. Worked extensively to write Use Cases and do the Process flows for the Worker’s Compensation package.
- Conducted JAD sessions with extensive involvement from Business, Development, Testing teams, Architects, SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) and Managers of various Business Units
- Created Business Process specifications, application designing using RUP, database schema design and implementation methodology.
- Worked in Guidewire claim center projects both in integration and configuration. Assisted in the documentation of requirements for the Guidewire Claim Center claims management system as a business analyst.
- Elicited requirements and provided specific business and technical requirements guidance for the construction of the system. The requirements set comprised of Business Requirements Document (BRD), functional requirements, Business and System Use Cases.
- Worked closely with the QA team in the writing, reviewing and executing of the Test Cases.
- Constructed and maintained UML models using Rational Rose, and created use case diagrams, class diagrams and sequence diagrams for all the use cases
Confidential, Hastings, MI
Business System Analyst
- Involved in gathering the requirements that were critical to the business process flow and using those requirements for the Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Gathered detailed requirements for new products, products enhancements, rate level and regulatory changes for different lines of business including auto, home, commercial property and commercial auto. Identified system requirement for integration with Guidewire System.
- Conducted workflow analysis of internal trading systems market data, connectivity, and order execution needs, as well as Used Guidewire policy center for all policy transactions.
- Writing user stories for Business Process Flow, System Integration Testing based on the Configuration requirements of Guidewire Policy Center for Personal Auto LOB.
- Performed Data Analysis and created SQL queries involving Joins, Functions and Stored Procedures.
- Collaborated with developers and testers to iteratively, incrementally discover, develop, and deliver valuable, working software each sprint during Guidewire Policy Center integrations.
- Worked with functional support groups to streamline work flow and processes P&C Claims. Worked on the modification of existing SQL queries in the reports, creating new queries, modification of existing actuate basic code, adding new columns in between the existing columns in the report layout, adding new conditions and addition of a completely new section in the report structure.
- Maintained requirements/business rules for Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence Tools. Used ETL transformations to copy columns and load data from data sources to the destination databases.
- Used SQL Developer to understand the back end tables for data mapping & migration and Informatica for data profiling. Researched, defined and deploy BI improvement opportunities and streamline the business intelligence processes.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse. Worked on Data mapping, logical data modeling, used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database tables.
- Analyzed business rules, performed data mapping and guided to create ETL processes. Created new and modify existing SQL server queries, views, packages, and ETL jobs.
- Conducted and participated in walkthroughs to generate consensus, maintaining quality and resolve issues among different stakeholders in the SDLC.
- Worked with solutions/delivery teams to implement data quality processes during acquisition, ETL, and delivery stages for Business Intelligence solutions and changes to Data Warehouses.
- Created new, and modify existing SQL queries for use in the data integrity testing of the data warehouse application's ETL process.
- Planned the UAT testing, test plans, test cases and worked with the business users for UAT test execution in developing the training documentation.
- Deployed Reports for Internal, Departmental & Executive Reporting based on the requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services.
Business System Analyst
- Assisted project team, conducting Business Needs Assessment and preparing Business Case, to save deployment time and high cost of implementing the new system replacing the old one.
- Involved in the complete business process redesign and reengineering effort in converting existing process into a strategic web based environment. Wrote JIRA Epics, User stories, Tasks and Sub-tasks based on final business requirements.
- Coordinated the workflow among team members and managed project deliverables like Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and progress through regular meeting with internal stakeholders.
- Facilitated JAD sessions and elicited customer requirements by organizing interviews with internal/external stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to create subject specific questionnaires for clinical trials.
- Assisted the QA team during Regression and UAT Testing of P&C Insurance policies and claims. Wrote new COBOL, DB2 programs to handle Claim Centre messages (from front end via XML) processed in the Mainframe from the front-end system called Claim Centre (CC) using GUIDEWIRE working with SQL SERVER Data.
- Business Requirements documentation for building UI for viewing data through Guidewire Claim Centre. Actively engaged in analyzing and documenting Business requirements, documenting Functional Specifications and interpreting business needs to the technical team. Assisted in the documentation of requirements for the Guidewire ClaimCenter claims management system as a business analyst.
- Worked closely with the SMEs and developers to design and develop Outbound messaging service for GL reporting in Guidewire Claim Center.
- Used MS Visio to create Use-cases diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Machine Diagrams, etc. Utilized the guidelines and artifacts to strategize the implementation of Agile and Waterfall methodology efforts in different iterations of SDLC.
- Assisted the creation of the High-level architecture and data solution design for Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse projects. Created Business Requirement Document outlining detailed Business requirements (Functional and Non Functional), Data Requirements, ETL Specs, Timing, Constraints and Exceptions etc. Collaborate with data modelers, ETL developers to create the Data mapping document.
- Recommended a reporting solution in the Oracle Data Warehouse that would minimize the impact on the system from evolving business needs.
- Created efficient SQL queries that are used in application code and reports. Created ER diagrams outlining the data flow in to the data warehouse and integrating Cognos reporting to it. Investigated poorly performing SQL queries and optimize them so they perform more efficiently. Designed database conversion scripts and Reviewed SQL code and queries.
- Identified data elements from the source systems, performed data analysis to come up with data cleansing and integration rules for the ETL process.