- Over 9+ years of elite experience as Business Analyst, Scrum Master & Project coordinator in Banking, Insurance & retail industries.
- Innately talented in leveraging and automating technology to eliminate inefficiencies and to optimize the use of available resources. Expertise in concisely decomposing business requirements into functional requirements & business rules, developing Use Cases using UML methodology and preparing test plans and test cases, project charter and implemented UAT testing.
- Experience with all the phases of Accela product from requirement gathering, configuration, migration, batches and Interface, scripting, testing to product support.
- Familiar with full life cycle of credit cards applications for different banking systems. Have strong knowledge in following phases of credit cards life cycle.
- Proven ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment, and perform at high standards with limited supervision, including ability to manage project teams located across multiple delivery sites.
- Proficient in SMART requirement gathering, performing appropriate analysis and business processes management with a strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent Business writing skills, including extensive writing of Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Non - Functional Requirements Document (NFRD) and System Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Excellent customer facing skills, and experienced in meeting with customers for gathering requirement utilizing methods such as interviews, questionnaires, surveys, and Document Analysis.
- Proficient in creating mock-up screens, prototype and dynamic UI with HTML, MS Visio, and Omni Graffle.
- Evaluated change requests by performing impact analysis on the triple constraints - time, cost, scope.
- Proficient in tightly coupled architecture, loosely coupled architecture (including SOA), web services and web methods. Skilled with the BPMN process.
- Comprehensive understanding of Web-Services (and their documentation) using XML, WSDL and UDDI, using Three-Tier Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Exposure to Client-side, and Server-side validations for request and responses of web methods to web services to assist the development team.
- Significant experience in reviewing Test Procedures and creating Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test plans for Manual Tests. Made sure the test environment is available.
- Assisted in performing Risk Analysis of the requirements to identify the key business risk for the project and prioritized the application development and testing according to the prioritization.
- Acquainted in UML Modeling and Business process modeling and Use case Diagrams, Process work Flow Diagrams and Mockup Screens.
- Performed ETL using Informatica to load the data into the data warehouse from disparate sources, designing and deploying various reports through Tableau and IBM Cognos.
- Performed various SQL queries like SELECT, JOIN, VIEW for relevant data retrieval
- Extensively used SQL queries for business analytics and analysis of data using data manipulation language.
- Skilled with Data Analysis concepts of Data Modeling, Data Dictionary and Normalization, Created Data Mapping Documents to transfer data from legacy to target system and to reduce data and duplication.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environment Interface with clients from Operations, Marketing, Sales, Technologies, and Outside Vendors and act as their customer interface point as the lead of the Projects.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
- Acted as a liaison between departmental end-users and IT in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of information systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Able to interact at various levels and with various stakeholder types (business, technical, and managerial).
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Linux, UNIX
SDLC Methodologies: Water fall, Agile - SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid
Project Management: JIRA; MS Project; SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013; MS Office Suite
Testing Tools: HP QC, HP ALM, Load Runner, Selenium IDE
Modeling Tools: Erwin, Enterprise Architect, Mockup Screens, MS Visio
ETL and Reporting Tools: Informatica, Tableau, IBM COGNOS
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle RDBMS
Confidential, Warren, New Jersey
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Identified and ordered every significant partner associated with the task utilizing RACI Matrix.
- Ensured regulations with various compliances, such as OFAC, FinCEN and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Aided the AML team in producing the Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) and Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) in agreement to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Patriot Act, FINRA and FinCEN if there should be an occurrence of warning.
- Developed project plan and timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources for successful completion.
- Modify the existing Accela UI and workflow. Develop code and/or scripts within the client’s Accela environment for automation based on business requirements.
- The Accela platform configuration, customization, debugging, testing, user training and documentation.
- Deliver the technical solution using Accela software based on business requirement for the departments and divisions in a timely manner.
- Gathered functional and nonfunctional requirements using various elicitation techniques by conducting one to one interviews, JAD sessions, Brainstorming, Focused groups, surveys/questioners and observations and document analysis.
- Worked with management team to map detailed current As-Is processes and detailed the To-Be processes for GAP analysis. Emphasis on understanding the project’s functional and non-functional requirements from the business perspective and translate them into key deliverables such as SRS, FSD, BRD and RTM.
- Created Gantt Charts, WBS, Risk Matrix, critical path and alternate path analysis, and project schedules using MS Project.
- Prepared and documented the UML diagrams- Activity, Sequence, Use Case, Data Flow, Class using MS Visio. Created page mockups using Balsamiq to illustrate and visualize various requirements in FSD.
- Interacted with stakeholders to manage change request, analyzed the impact and cost benefit criteria to validate the change requests, documented the changes in every phase and take approvals from stakeholders.
- Managed workflows inside Case Management and exclusive KYC frameworks by including EDD research and relationships.
- Collaborated with SMEs to finish Case Management tasks to digitize and sort out all SAR.
- Fostered the Product Owner in preparing User Stories, Done Criteria and Acceptance Criteria for every feature and actualized the user stories into JIRA. Actively participated in product backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, sprint review meetings, sprint retrospective, daily scrum meetings, assisted in breaking down the user stories into sub-tasks, prepared Sprint Burn up/ Down Chart, Release Burn up/ Down Chart, tracked team’s velocity, team’s capacity, and prepared status reports.
- Assembled requirements that helped developers to make web-based application using Red Hat JBoss and assisted in the development of the Machine Learning Algorithm in Map Reduce and Apache Spark to validate the system in real-time.
- Worked with the Web Services teams in outlining REST APIs, configuring WSDL, documented Web APIs using JSON and XML documentation on Swagger tool. Assisted in documenting Data Frame API’s , Spark Streaming API’s in Amazon EMR .
- Integrated 3P services for enhanced due diligence (EDD) on our onboarding clients, organizations and ID documentations utilizing REST API.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries to perform data validation, CRUD operations, joints, triggers and stored procedures.
- Interacted with data architect for Data Mapping, Data Dictionary, Data Modeling and Entity Relationship Diagrams (ER).
- Used Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) techniques for building the application segments and performed Automated Testing with Selenium.
- Assisted in systems integration testing and web API testing utilizing SOAP UI.
- Assisted the QA team to conduct functional testing, compliance tensing, performance testing and develop the test plan, test conditions, test cases, ensured adequate testing of software both before and after completion, and conducted UAT.
Senior Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Participated in project management, design, requirements definition, specification, budgeting, control, and restructuring of organizations
- Prepared Use Case Models based on Business Requirement documentation (BRD) gathered through interaction with users. Studied existing business application and processes, collected end user requirements and suggested the improvised Business Process Model.
- Interacted with Credit Card processor First Data Inc and acquirer for processing refunds, voids, chargebacks and reversal transactions.
- Worked on Both the forms UI (Accela Automation) and Public facing website (Accela Citizen Access).
- Accela Automation (AA), a web based platform used by government agencies for scripting, fee management, execution of event based processes and Accela Citizen Access (ACA), a web based portal for public to apply for permits, pay fees etc.
- Used First Data credit card product Vision Plus modules CMS, TRAMS and ITS to customize GE Money business needs. Worked extensively on Credit Card functionalities.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology . Assigned tasks among development team monitored and tracked progress of project following agile methodology.
- Monitoring credit card application and reporting to high level management about possible risk and ensured compliance.
- Gap Analysis of client requirements generated Workflow Process, flow charts and relevant artifacts.
- Defined and documented the Vision and Scope of the project. Conducted one on one interviews with high level management team and participated in the JAD session with the SME’s .
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive business relationships with IT managers and clients, and ensuring that business objectives and priorities are aligned.
- Consolidated the analysis of multiple business lines after the COTS evaluation.
- Worked on billing system a cash management module and enhanced the encrypting standards that are required for the application.
- Involved in Business Process Management (BPM) activities like Process Design, Process Monitoring and Process Execution. Worked as a liaison between the business and technical side to convey the business needs to the system architects.
- Proficient in business process modelling (BPM), documentation, and testing using Rational Suite (Rational Rose, RequisitePro, SoDA, ClearQuest, Robot) as well as MS Visio and MS Project in combination with UML 2.0 diagramming techniques.
- Designed Use Cases using UML and managed the entire Functional requirements life cycle using RUP . Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology .
- Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions
- Conducting Requirement Analysis, Use Case Design, Designing Test Plans and developed database schemas based on the logical models. Conducted the final user-acceptance testing (UAT) and usability testing
- Involved in review and Gap Analysis of Functional Requirement documents (FRDs) and the creation of technical documents and related test case documents
- Worked on event scripts like generating license numbers, setting and updating license expiration date, calculating license fees etc. on Accela specific events such as application submit after (ASA), workflow task update after(WTUA), on page load event etc.
- Provided the management with Test metrics, Reports, and Schedules as necessary using MS Project and participated in the design walkthroughs and meetings
- Conducting requirement gathering sessions, gathering business requirements and translating into system requirements, building project plans, designing using Rational Rose/UML, relational database design and handle all release changes.
Environment: Agile, Credit Networks, Windows Vista, Microsoft Project, MS Access, Business Objects, MS Visio, SQL, MS Excel, Oracle, Java, Rational Suite, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint
Senior Business Analyst/ Finance Analyst
- Elicited requirements from stakeholders via JAD Sessions, Structured Interviews and documented as Business Requirement Document (BRD) and then transformed to Functional and System Requirement Document.
- Analyzed the prior documentation and business processes for full understanding of the project. Documented Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Develop and report financial budgets, annual plans and monthly forecasts in align with current business objective.
- Performed statistical modeling, descriptive and prescriptive analytics on large amounts of data, presented process improvement recommendations and strategy recommendations using PowerPoint to non-technical Executive management stakeholders.
- Participated in gathering requirements for the integration of various credit cards functionalities like account boarding, payment processing, collections and write-off.
- Interacted with Financial Analysts to understand Fundamental analysis, Financial models to calculate Expected Return, Market Risk and Portfolio Risk of the portfolio to be used in Analytical tools.
- Upgrading existing Credit Cards Vision Plus application by incorporating new functional changes introduced by MasterCard Visa network.
- Assisted Project Manager in Project planning and work breakdown structure using MS Project .
- Identified source table, target table and mapped the data using MS Excel of various Portfolios, transactions and securities into Data warehouse and Data Marts using Informatica Power Center Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor, which helped in better understanding of the client data.
- Designed Quality Plans, Quality Reports, and Test Summary reports and logged down defects using JIRA . Tracked the defects using HP ALM and managed an error repository with the QA team .
- Developed a good understanding of the various financial instruments such as equities, bonds, money market instruments and Asset/portfolio allocation, trading life cycle and portfolio diversification.
- Highly proficient in writing User stories, creating Use Cases, Use case diagrams, Workflow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams using tools such as MS Visio .
- Used IBM Cognos reporting and Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookups and Macros) for reporting and analyzing the portfolio performance and fixed income analytics such as NAV, P&L, Asset Allocation and Cash Flows.
- Created various types of reports with bar chart, pie and line-chart graph reports for analytics using Tableau.
- Created User Stories and led the Planning Poker game to estimate them in Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming meetings. Helped in estimation and prioritization of the user stories using Relative Mass Evaluation and MOSCOW .
- Experience working in Three-Tier architecture, Ajax, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, UDDI). Gathered requirements for Client-Side Validation, and Server-Side Validation. Tested through SOAP UI; API Documentation in MS Excel .
- Performed various SQL queries for relevant data retrieval on Oracle database using Select, Join and View queries.
- Assisted Regression Testing, Interface Testing (SOAPUI) and Black box Testing . Created Test Cases, Test Plans, Test strategies, Test Scenarios and conducted Manual Tests in HP Quality Center.
Confidential, New York, NY
Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
- Identify and document Business Requirements for four major risk areas: internal controls, IT risk assessments, business risk assessments, and compliance risk assessments.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) based on RUP and Agile framework .
- Responsible for maintaining Project SharePoint site to facilitate document version tracking and user learning repository.
- Created and maintained Use cases, Use case diagram, Activity diagram, and other flow charts and Training material for the GRC tool application.
- Facilitated and conducted user interview workshops with all SMEs to document their current state of risk assessment processes.
- Performed Data Mining to find correlation and pattern in existing data and constructed SQL queries .
- Assisted in the implementation of Integrated Data Warehouse with individual data marts to address areas of business interest. Used ETL to map data, assemble data repository and created data marts.
- Strong knowledge in ETL tool, Informatica Power Center for Data Normalization (1NF, 2NF), Data Indexing & mapping using and Informatica Data Quality for Data Profiling and Data Integrity using Informatica DQ .
- Documented all collected risk processes in MS Visio using business process modeling methodology.
- Worked with SMEs to create mock-ups for various forms and workflows to be used in the GRC tool application.
- Conducted data gap analysis sessions with various SME’s to document the various data requirements for the application including extracting Global Users list, Organization Structure Information and Risk Libraries for selection.
- Identified and documented Gaps between Off the Shelf GRC tool application and desired future state by the client for customized configuration of the application.
- Acted as a liaison between internal IT Department, Business and external GRC tool software vendor to track and report open issues, actions, risks & dependencies during the project.
- Worked with the QA team using ClearQuest and HPQC for User Acceptance Testing and Defect tracking .
Environment: Microsoft Windows 10, HPQC, Clear Quest, Java, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project, MS Office Suite, MS Visio.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Assisted the project manager to create the project plan with all the project milestones, budget estimation, critical path analysis, work break down structure and resource allocation.
- Did the GAP Analysis after finding the difference in the AS-IS process and TO-BE process analysis for getting the productive outcome as required by the end user.
- Performed various elicitation techniques such as JAD sessions, Interviews and Brainstorming to gather the business requirements from the business users and worked closely with the data analyst and was involved in identifying the various source systems and target system and assisted the team in ETL Process using Informatica.
- Used Tableau to provide various reports and views which are used by the Business Intelligence Team to perform various analyses which were reported to the business users.
- Actively prepared Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using MS-VISIO .
- Involved in creating the mapping matrix which is later used for data profiling and transformation phase in the ETL process and extensively involved in performing data analysis, pattern analysis and range analysis using the Informatica Data Center.
- Part of consolidating the cases which the system receives from the various data sources and differentiate the components that require client or server side validations and was responsible to build the systems validations rules using the Hyperion Planning in such a way that the case progresses to the next phase after following rules.
- There were three important engines for automating the case management for which I prepared the data flow, business flow and business and technical business rules which were later hosted on JBOSS .
- I used predictive algorithm for developing the business algorithm for the systems and I made sure that the algorithm consisted of statistical analysis and data mining.
Environment: Rational RequisitePro, Hyperion Planning, ClearCase, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, SQL Server 2008, POS 4.0, MS Office, MS Visio, Oracle SQL developer 3.0, Notepad++,Waterfall-Scrum Methodology (Hybrid).