- Dedicated IT professional with extensive versatile hands - on experience in different industries
- Experience working with all levels of management
- Experience as Technical Leader, Analyst Programmer, Programmer and Database Analyst
- Performed the duties of liaison between the IT, business end-user/vendor community and technical group (including the .NET group) in order to develop a customized font end
- Resolved a data corruption problem while working on a project with Confidential
- Performed analysis on different systems in order to in corporate additional sub-systems to fulfill the requirements on AS/400
- Developed simple and complex programs using written specifications and oral described requirements using RPG IV, ILE and Free Format; also worked on embedded SQL and CL programs
- Coordinated with development teams and business owners and performed testing in order to validate the system was built per requirements
- Successfully delivered project deliverables under extremely tight timeframes and met customer expectations in delivering a quality product within budget and schedule
TECHNICAL SKILLS:Systems: IBM-AS/400 (I-Series), IBM- S/36, IBM-360/370, IBM-390, IBM-3741/42Operating Systems: DB2, OS/400, TOS, DOS, OS, Oracle, Windows
Programming Languages and Tools: RPG (II, III, IV, ILE, Free), COBOL, SQL, Embedded SQL, PL/SQL, C++, Assembler, ACL (Application Control Language), JCL, CL, CLLE, CMD, APLUS (Abstract/Probe+), ASC, Query (36, 400), DBU, DDS, SDA, FTP, SEU, DFU, RLU, EDI, PDM, Hawkeye, TURNOVER, ALDON, RDI,VALENCE, JSON. IMPLEMENTER JDE (One World)
Software: Word, Excel, Visio
Team Lead/Sr. Analyst Programmer
- Developed sale promotion system.
- Perform Database Analyses
- Performed day to day change management jobs.
- Introduced programming standards.
- Introduced ‘Commit and Rollback’ methodology.
- Redesigned Re-order and Roll down system.
- Analyzed COBOL programs of Warehouse system.
- Converted COBOL programs to RPG IV programs.
- Included Embedded SQL to enhance performance.
- Created program specifications for Developers to code programs.
- Developed auto report distribution system.
- Automated night jobs and error handling messages system.
- Developed Audit, Inventory and Account reports for management.
- Developed the methodology for unit testing, integrated testing.
- Worked with Dot-net team to design customer friendly front-end system.
- Eliminated the paper reports by putting the reports on web.
- Port Creation Functionality.
- Combined Billing Functionality.
- Architecture change to Functionality (COMMIT) to avoid data corruption.
- Data mapping for merging/conversion.
- Transferred Confidential &T Accounts into Cingular System
- Changed and updated Business Markets
- Created the “Staging Area” (Libraries/files)
- Established the “Check Points” to stop and restart the data transfer process
- Validated the date while conversion was in progress
- Planned the data transfer (method of transferring data FTP)
- Identified and documented redundant data and interfaces and their reason/effects
- Created legacy system data feed inventory lists mapped to the target application
- Wrote program specifications
- Coded programs using RPG-IV/free format, COBOL 400 and SQL
- Created test cases and performed testing
- Performed integrated testing (CARE billing system with other applications)
- Enhanced and modified CARE Billing System in order to handle the transactions of Confidential &T and Cingular
- Changed the architecture of Cingular Billing System
- Written RPG-IV programs with embedded SQL in order to validate and update database files
- Updated CL programs to run the job automatically every morning from the existing morning procedure
- Worked on data mapping
- Created flat files to transfer data electronically to remote locations
- Created AS/400 screens to enter new records, update/change existing records and to run customer queries
- Performed unit testing.
- Analyzed the existing manual data entry system
- Designed automated sub-system to capture data from AS/400 into Oracle
- Written programs to update database files and create reports using RPG-IV, embedded SQL and CL
- Analyzed the existing database file layouts
- Created new database files to be used as intermediates between Web and As/400
- Created CL programs to handle automated file transfer using FTP
- Documented the changes made to the system and programs
- Updated/changed securities on AS/400
- Investigated the problem of missing data during the transfer from IBM-390 into AS/400
- Written RPG-IV program to fix the problem
- Written RPG-IV and CL programs to control invalid transactions
- Created screen to edit the invalid transactions
- Added options to menu for editing and updating the transaction
- Written summary report programs for higher management
- Redesigned the initial data collection screen/forms to accommodate additional fields/data for Life Insurance System
- Redesigned the database to accommodate additional fields
- Extended the existing fields to avoid data truncation.
- Written RPG-IV program for insurance premium collection
- Written RPG-IV program for commission payable and commission distribution
- Used turnover in order to perform different tasks
- Analyzed existing unbalanced reports for sales and purchase
- Designed a sub-system in order to resolve the problem
- Standardized the detail and summary reports
- Wrote programs in order to accomplish the requirement using RPG-IV and CL
- Wrote programs in order to create sales analyses reports and summaries
- Documented the sub-system, new programs and the changes made to the existing programs
- Designed the credit card system
- Created database to accomplish the requirement
- Designed the screens for Credit Card swipe, initial data collection, data validation and data entry
- Written programs to accept the data from swipe machines when the credit card was swiped.
- Written programs to validate and transfer information between bank tandem and a company’s system.
- Written Trigger Programs for administration purposes.
- Performed unit testing and integrated testing
- Implemented the credit card system
- Documented credit card system
- Analyzed Rental Man system existed on IBM/390
- Created a system flow chart
- Studied and documented the Manual Loan System
- Designed and documented the systems for computerization
- Written program specifications
- Coded Complex programs.
- Performed program testing
- Performed rigorous system testing
- Implemented the systems
- Designed/created the Operation Manual
- Trained the users on computerized system
- Created the Operation Manual