- Complete software development lifecycle (SDLC) experience, from business analysis to development, testing, deployment, documenting, maintaining and user training
- Developed requirements specifications
- Co - ordinate and work with the Product Owner and Business Sponsor to help them understand the complex requirements
- Documented requirements, and translated into system requirements using high-maturity methods, processes and tools
- Always operates as a team member and as a team leader. Highly Focused on methods to improve Business processes
- Experience in handling Triage meetings, follow up on issue with the stake holders and drive it for resolution
- Troubleshoot, resolve and escalate data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
- Use Azure DevOps for raising defects, defect tracking, maintaining test results, System Test Plans, Designing SQLs, Test Scripts / Test Cases, Test Case Executions and Test Completion Reports for web applications & client-server applications and status reporting
- Hands on experience in using the Smart Comm Tool to do pdf overlays for personal lines documents provided by Business SME’s
- Having Very Strong Knowledge on the Agile Terms and Scrum
- 6+ years Insurance domain knowledge across all areas of P&C, Policy Quote and Purchase mainly on Auto Insurance
- Experience on Guidewire Policy Center and proficiency in Claim Center
- Involved in Requirements gathering, walkthroughs, demos and close interaction with business analysts, developers and clients for better understanding of requirements, functionality and business processes for testing the application
- Hands on experience in performing Database testing, Functional, Non-functional, Integration, System, Regression, Exploratory, Browser compatibility, User acceptance and Mobile testing of the application in projects using Waterfall, Agile and Iterative models
- Hands on experience in Selenium Automation framework using BDD
- Strong experience in SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008, Oracle 8i, Visual Basic 6.0
- Developed various Stored Procedures to run Batch Jobs using SQL 2000 and 2005
- Created DTS Packages in SQL 2000 and 2005 to manipulate data
- Involved as a Configuration Manager for the project, to track the activities in VSS & TFS and manage the version control for the code and design
- Co-Ordinate with the offshore team for assigning out the daily tasks to them and keeping track of them. Help them if they face issues/roadblocks in getting them accomplished
Languages: SQL, Visual Basic 6.0, Java, Servlets, JSP
Database: Oracle 8i, SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008
Operating System: Windows XP/2000
Tools: Confluence, Version One, Azure Dev Ops, Cloud JIRA, Control-M, TFS, Data Bricks, Data Compy, Azure, TRAC, Spring Tool Suite, SoapUI, Splunk, Test link, Toad, SQL*Plus, HP Service Manager, Share Point Server, MS Office Products, Lotus Notes, Selenium, jBehave and Cucumber
Technical Business Analyst
- Develops business & system requirements for Personal Lines Auto, Property and Umbrella policy documents, including detailed data mapping
- Organize and maintain all the requirements documents in Confluence.
- Read XML and document schema paths that will come from Guidewire Policy Center and provide the data mapping to Smart Comm developers
- Collaborate and work closely with Business subject matter experts on defining requirements
- Write User Stories in JIRA and break down work to be developed by Template Developers in Smart Comm.
- Actively participating in Agile ceremonies like backlog refinement, daily scrum, sprint retrospective, sprint review and sprint planning
- Proactively call out any risks, issues or dependencies during the planning meeting that might prevent from getting the work completed in the given sprint.
- Facilitate the requirements handoff meeting with the development and testing team to explain them the mockup and the requirements of the document
- Develop and maintain good relationship by working with the PC BA’s and Product Owners to call out and track all the dependencies with PC
- Active Participant in Test Scenarios review meeting to ensure test coverage for that defined requirement
- Develop a comprehensive Test Plan(s) to facilitate successful execution of multiple projects within the global program
- Manage assigned projects in designated areas of responsibility by prioritizing tasks and adhering to deadlines to meet project and program objectives
- Work with the BA’s analyze business requirements for accuracy, completeness, redundancy, ambiguity and testability
- Define and identify testing scope, risks, assumptions used to design, build and prioritize test cases
- Participate in policy reviews to ensure all factors are considered at an early stage
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate change and support business needs
- Work with members of project/program team, infrastructure, security, other IT areas, leadership, and Project/Program Management to assure timely completion of testing activities
- Handling Offshore team of 6, 3 and 3 members respectively for each of the Projects
- Involved in Requirement Analysis and Test case Design.
- Leading the QA Offshore/Onshore connect between the 3 offshore Teams
- Co-ordinate with the wireframe design team and review the data flow with the end users
- Analyzing and understanding the Business-critical requirements, Review test cases prepared by the offshore team. Reviewing the Test Matrix and approving the same.
- Participate in the CAB Approval meetings and discuss on the tickets that are aligned for the release on the Confidential monthly Release Calendar
- To Schedule and participate in the Requirements walkthrough sessions to come up with the Test Approach
- Documenting all the Business process that are to be carried on as a part of process.
- As Providing the estimates and timelines to the Project Manager for every CR in the Project
- Identify project risks proactively and work on the mitigation plan
- Report the project status on a Daily/Weekly basis to the Upper Management and the Project Team
- Preparing the Test Plan, Test Strategy and Test Summary Report and getting it approved from the concerned people.
- Work with the UAT Team, Business Users to co-ordinate the UAT Testing once the QA Sign Off has been provided
Technical Business Analyst
- Actively participating in agile ceremonies like backlog grooming, daily scrum, sprint retrospective, sprint review and sprint planning. Work with the supervisor/Scrum team on project Test planning/strategy and identify the key testing timelines and scenarios and have it reviewed by the supervisor and scrum teams
- Troubleshoot, resolve and escalate data related issues and validating data to improve data quality
- Validate if the Data being obtained in the Egress Layer is consistent with the Data that was fed into the Ingress Layer
- Validate using the Data Compy Tool if the output obtained from HDInsights is same as the output obtained from Data bricks.
- Analyzing and understanding the business-critical requirements, Acceptance Criteria, Create and Execute test cases for the product backlog items, coordinate execution of test cases
- Use Azure DevOps for raising defects, defect tracking, maintaining test results, test plan and status reporting
- Integrate the automation test suites into CI/CD pipelines as appropriate and Create and maintain test data for testing and business needs, using tools like SOAP UI, Rest API and Microsoft SQL Server
- Focus on the Business process Improvements
- Track the progress of TruStage Monthly Campaign Runs using the Trello Board and perform the QA check on the handoffs from one team to the other.
- Performing functional, system, regression testing and an end to end testing.
- Validate if the Cluster spins up without any issues by running the Control-M jobs that are configured using the Shell Scripts commands. Regression Test using Automated tests to see if the HD Insights has been replaced by the Databricks Tools without having any impact to the current functionality
- Ensure proper standards and processes are followed for all testing activities as per project guidelines. Identify project risks proactively and work with their supervisor and scrum master on risk mitigation/avoidance strategy. Document all the Test Results in TFS
- Report the project status on a weekly basis to Scrum teams by sharing weekly status reports and work on any feedback given by the supervisor
- Gathering Knowledge and attended trainings with Guidewire SME’s
- Worked on Guidewire Policy Center for the On-Platform Application
- Involved requirements gathering. Executed and coordinated requirements management and change management process
- Reviews requirements for consistency, completeness and testability
- Working with validating Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Packages using SQL scripts to verify if they produce accurate results.
- Involved in Sprint Planning, Stories selection, Sprint meetings, Sprint Retrospective / The Three Amigos meeting from testing
- Participate in the Scrum of Scrums to determine the T-Shirt size for the stories in a given sprint.
- Take part in the PI (Program Increment) Planning meeting at the end of every sprint
- Participate in the End of Sprint Demos and Sprint retrospective to talk about Lessons Learnt/What Went Well/What Needs Improvement in the Sprint.
- Facilitated the 3 Amigos Meeting to Document the Given/When/Then in the story files to develop Gherkins
- Involved in UAT Testing with the Business and Product Owners
- Document the requirements for every Product Backlog Item that are tracked in Version One
- Conducted knowledge sharing sessions/ requirements walkthrough for the new resources in the team
- Helped the Dev Team to prepare the technical design by providing the inputs from requirements.
- Involved in the development of Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Strategies to facilitate the process of testing.
- Involved in Sprint Planning, Stories selection, Sprint meetings, Sprint Retrospective / The Three Amigos meeting from testing team
- Participated in the Scrum of Scrums to determine the T-Shirt size for the stories in a given sprint.
- Take part in the End of Sprint Demo and Retrospective Meeting.
- Perform Smoke Test Daily to ensure the readiness/health of the Test Environment.
- Facilitated the 3 Amigos Meeting to Document the given/When/Then in the story files to develop Gherkin syntax.
- Involved in Unit, Integration, System and Regression testing
- Write Gherkins for the stories that are on the Sprint Backlog.
- Develop Glucode for the Gherkins that were written for the different features.
- Running the scripts using Junit Tests and using Jenkins Jobs. Verify the results obtained by cross checking them with the requirement/UI Specs.
- Involved in preparing the estimates and work plan for the module
- Preparation of Test Scripts & Identifying Test data
- Worked closely with the release teams and took ownership of documenting the Evidence of test for the CMRB Approval before the Production Release