- Workday Consultant with 5+ years of Functional and Technical experience in Business Analysis, Business Process Flows, Reporting and Integration.
- Engaged in the updating of existing solution from older versions while in charge of integrating solution with code from Partner Company and producing successful builds.
- Extensive experience in SQL Server database design and maintenance by developing T - SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, tables, indexes, constraints, views and triggers
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the Software Design and Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and methodologies like Agile and Waterfall including prototype development etc.
- Proficient in setting up/working on various modules of Workday like Workday HCM core such as Staffing models, Compensation, Workday Security, business process and Reports.
- Thorough Comprehension of HR processes such as recruiting, hiring, employee record maintenance, payroll, Benefits, Training, Pay Planning, Performance Management/Talent Management, Applicant Tracking / On-boarding, Manager / Employee self-service etc.
- Worked with end users to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements using User interviews, Workshops, Observation and Existing systems documentation/procedures, JAD, JAR and Brainstorming sessions, identify Functional, Non-Functional, and Business Rules, and then subsequently model them.
- Core hands-on SAP HR experience on Payroll Administration, Organization Management, Payroll and Time Management.
- Insightful experience in preparing functional specification document, test scenario and review of functional test cases, resource administration and quality management of the software application.
- Project management experience includes Client management, Customer interaction, Scope definition, Project planning, and Change control, Integration and Release management.
- Manage customer centric operations &ensure customer satisfaction by achieving quality service delivery, set expectations accordingly and timely escalations status reporting.
- An effective communicator with strong analytical, process oriented & relationship management skills with ability to relate to people at any level of business & management.
- A valuable team player with capability to share the team vision and achieve goals and deadlines.
Workday skills: Workday HCM and Integrations, Workday conversions, I Loads, Workday Report Writer, Workday Report Designer, EIB, Core Connectors and Workday Studio.
Databases & Tools: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
ERP System: SAP FI/CO 4.3, 6.0
Internet Technologies: HTML
Document Processing: MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Web, MS Excel
ETL\Reporting tools: Business objects (BOXI) R3 with Crystal Report, Cognos.
Methodologies: SDLC, Waterfall model, Agile
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
- Involved in Workday Architect sessions with Implementation Partners on HCM & Performance Management - Fit gap analysis with PeopleSoft and Workday functionalities.
- Interacted with Implementation partners for configuration changes/defect fixes and clarifications on Business Processes.
- InteractedwiththirdpartyvendorslikeFidelity,Alight,SnowFlake,Augeo,Hyperion,Snowflake,ADP,TowerWatson,Kronos,Navex,FieldGlass,Concurand other vendors to get the file layout (feed format) and any pending questions clarified.
- Analyzing Workday Design documents & raise clarifications to discuss with Business Users/Implementation partner.
- Prepare Test scenarios & Test Cases for Workday HCM Modules- Core HR, Job Changes Benefits, Time and Labor, Talent - Performance Management Advance Compensation.
- Gathered Requirements for configuring Business Process - Create Positions, Hiring, Onboarding, Job Changes like Promotions, Transfers, Terminations.
- Validated Business process for Hire, Onboarding, Benefits, Transfer, Terminations, Talent-Performance Management/Reviews & email notifications.
- Functional Testing on Core HCM, Hire, Employee Personal Data, Transfer, terminate workers, Performance Management, adding Development Items, Job Goals & Annual performance Review for employees, Advance Compensation, Time and Labor.
- Created Custom Reports (Worker Data/Contingent workers data/Employees Performance Reviews) to validate the data loaded to tenants.
- SecurityTestingWorker/Manager/HRAnalyst/HRAdministrator/PerformanceAdministrator/Talent Administrator/Benefits Partner ability to view worklets or perform job specific roles.
- Integrations Testing - Inbound EIBs - Loaded Certifications, Professional Affiliations, Education, Travel, Job Goals, Work Experience & Languages for all workers using EIBs.
- Created reports with Workday Report Writer and creating custom integrations with third-party applications using Workday Cloud Connect and Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB).
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Workday HCM Consultant
- Configuration of Workday’s business process framework configured conditional rules to guide workflow or validate data as required to accommodate desired outcomes.
- Designed and built cross application conversion and parallel validation processes.
- Written Use Cases and produce Activity diagrams, Develop requirements specifications and documentations for Business Process Management.
- Align with other Metrics Team Members to provide best practices in SAS HCM Delivery and ensure consistent data interpretation. Ensure Metrics Team provides timely, relevant and usable reports to end users.
- Create custom Workday reports and modify/troubleshoot existing custom reports. Troubleshoot integrations.
- Testing during Workday new version release process and any ad-hoc testing.
- Write, maintain, and support a variety of reports and queries - both standard and custom.
- Troubleshoot Workday configuration and reporting issues to identify and fix root causes.
- Manage integrations between Workday, A&M systems and third party systems.
- Work alongside the integration team to configure and test integrations between the Workday solution and the client’s selected payroll and benefits providers.
- Build reports using Workday's report writing tools. Ability to help clients resolve reporting issues requiring in depth expertise in the Workday solution.
- Assist the integration consulting team in helping to configure and test integrations between Workday and third party/custom solutions.
- Develop reports in Workday and test developed reports in Workday.
- Perform data loading, support Payroll when HR data integrity creates challenges with Payroll run.
- Liaison with HRIT team when required for modifications to integrations, EIBs, etc.
- Coordinates download activities to ensure complete and accurate data.
- Streamline processes that enhance operational efficiencies of HR systems. Maintain application security and conduct quarterly access control review.
- Act as liaison with the information systems department to resolve programming and system problems.
- Maintains the integrity of the employee information within the systems by performing regular system audits, working closely with HR and end-user teams.
- Provides functional expertise for system issues and resolution with functional end users.
- Assist the integration consulting team in helping to configure and test integrations between Workday and third party/custom solutions.
- Automate processes where possible and understand Workday’s Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices.
- Ensure the client is referenceable once the client is in production.
- Provide the Engagement Manager with status reports and keep them apprised of overall project status.
- Creating complex reports using the Firm’s HR systems.
- Help team in functional configuration and technical integration of the Workday application
- Design Workday HCM data conversion process.
- Setup business process steps, such as Action, Approval, Approval Chain and Checklist, and how they work and integrate with security groups.
- Worked on the creation of benefit plans, job profiles, and job families.
- Configured Workday compensation packages including salary, bonus, allowance, commission, and merit plans for multiple countries including merit and bonus plan processing.
- Configured Workday benefits including groups, plans, coverage types, event types, and eligibility rules .
- Implemented Workday performance management including goal setting, midyear, and year end processes.
- Configured absence management including vacation, parental leave and other LOA types.
- Configured Workday security roles and groups to the required level of confidentially and segregation of duties.
- Documented and designed the technical specifications for interfaces/data conversion and validation Conducted gap analysis and created functional and technical specs.
- Worked on integration of Application Engine Delinquency process with XML Publisher to generate Delinquency reports.
- Involved in customizing the BI invoice report using XML publisher.
- Generated error reports/files during data conversion as a part of the conversion process to handle the errors and send them to the users for cleaning/evaluation purposes.
- Developed and modified the production control reports which help in identifying the data integrity in the PeopleSoft tables.
- Created and scheduled jobs for Inbound/Outbound and Interfaces and tied them with PS delivered App Engine process to complete import, and export process as a batch.
- Involved in integrating PeopleSoft Payables with other applications such as General ledger, Receivables, Billing, and Asset Management.
- An enhancement for Mass update from Master Files to Vendor and Customer Tables. Tools used are component interface, Application Engine and File Layout.
- Designed, configured and automate business processes to enhance the current application systems for HCM including Hire, Change Job, Termination, Propose Compensation, Termination etc.
- Configured Security objects including Management Hierarchies, Regions, Locations, edited Domain and Business Process Security Policies, Tenant setup and created reports to meet customer requirements.
- Developed outbound integrations using EIB, Web Services SOAP, WSDL, XML, and XSLT Document Transformation for several integrations from Workday to downstream internal and vendor systems and provided necessary security for related functional area to launch the EIB.
- Worked on setting up scheduling of reports and understanding the required permissions for report sharing and support the various reporting functions with simple and advanced reports, defining columns, business objects, fields, columns heading overriding, multiple sorting techniques, sorting by secondary objects with respect to Workday functionality and client business requirements for new implementation initiatives.
- Configured and tested Workday Compensation including Packages, Salary & Hourly Plans, Bonus and merit plans.
- Helped in troubleshooting integration issues and provided support in resolving defects.
- Worked on Setting up dashboards and work lets.
- Work with consulting partners on the Conversion tasks, Integration tasks, Security tasks, and Reporting tasks.
Workday Business Analyst
- Transforming business requirements into functional specifications.
- Understanding the process flow and defining the scope, analyzing the dependencies and creating the functional design.
- Responsible for development, support, maintenance and implementation of a complex project module.
- Work directly with clients to implement, support and integrate Workday HCM technology solutions into their business environments.
- Deliver Knowledge transfer on developed reports to client directly.
- Work with business team to review report requirements, maintain/assign security role assignments.
- Maintain/Support HCM business processes.
- Analyze data, develop and generate routine and adhoc reports.
- Provide delivery support for Workday Human Capital Management applications to our clients
- Closely follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Developed Workday integrations with other internal and external systems as per the design spec.
- Interact with Business analysts and end users to clarify requirements and use cases.
- Involved in testing and ongoing support of business reports.
- Support Metrics team with knowledge sharing and insights into delivering high quality reports/metrics and provide supporting training on tools/technology to end-user/power-user where necessary.
- Collaborate with IT to design and deliver new SAS HCM reporting solutions resulting in greater insights into HR Information, improved delivery efficiency and automation.
- Transform large data sets and format them to various outputs using Excel, XML and XSLT tools.
- Support the implementation of Workday HRIS system and post-implementation Hyper Care.
- Analyzed and presented data for regarding methods of improving workflow, coordinated group project efforts, reviewed outstanding task and issues, elevated program documentation for decision level
- Created Supervisory Organizations, Cost Centers, Cost Center Hierarchies, and location hierarchies’ maintenance, and modification of Workday Business Processes and definitions.
- Worked with Core HR and Talent Management modules on planned activities and coordinate across offshore teams, tasks, issues and risks of functional process.
- Coordinated with other functional modules for integration checks.
- Involved in gathering requirements and formulating the requirements for formatted reports.
- Deconstructed Facets member business requirements into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / Sate chart Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Managed job description and workflow of employee data for compensation module including job families, pay ranges, bonus scales, grading and supervisor setup.
- Used Excel, Visio, pivot tables and VLookup to manage large compensation data sets.