- I am an experienced DevOps engineer that understands the melding of operations and development to quickly deliver code to the customer. Having experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques to deliver code to Windows and Linux systems. Utilizing the major DevOps technologies to automate the code delivery from the build, to each environment, and then into production. Saving money, manpower, and minimizing downtime.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Microsoft Windows PowerShell
- Microsoft PowerShell Module and Cmdlet creation
- Automic Application Release Automation (ARA) - Automic Certified
- Automic Automation Engine (AE) - Automic Certified
- Appworx (UC4)
- C# Class and API Development
- Active Directory Services
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Atlassian Jira
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Sonatype Nexus
- Octopus Deploy
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO)
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Senior DevOps Engineer
- POC to demonstrate the need for an automated deployment process.
- Evaluated AWS and Azure to determine the best cloud environment for our needs.
- Evaluated various CI/CD tools.
- Coordinate the various department configurations.
- Engineered the AWS CloudFormation templates for network configuration and deployments.
Confidential, Portsmouth NH
Senior PowerShell Developer
- Develop a PowerShell script using the Team Foundation Server APIs to migrate WorkItems to new WorkItem templates.
- Advanced the development of the current PowerShell script framework.
- Create a C# API framework for Team Foundation Server to use with the current PowerShell script framework.
- Mentor junior developers in the understanding of PowerShell and scripting techniques.
DevOps & Continuous Delivery Engineer
- Specialize in enterprise automation solutions using the UC4/Automic ONE solution.
- Deliver Workload Automation & Application Release Automation solutions.
- Work with customers world-wide to design and implement DevOps solutions.
- Scoped and implemented continuous delivery processes.
- Design and implement deployment processes for enterprise customers.
- PowerShell, and Bash scripting to create custom actions within the ARA platform to wrap new and existing processes into a repeatable/reusable codebase.
- Design and implement fully tailored end to end deployment solutions from the build to deployment, improving performance and minimizing downtime
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Senior Remote Technician / Project Focal
- Migration from Exchange 2000 and Domino to Exchange 2003
- The AD/Exchange Administrators relied heavily on my previous migration experience. Calling on me multiple times for my input on “best practices” for AD setup and structuring, group policy administration, and Exchange setup and migration.
- Image workstations
- Streamline the conversion process.
- Sent to the Minneapolis, MN location to assist in getting that location back on track since they were falling behind. I was sent there as the Lead Deployment Analyst and as a backup as the Site Focal/Lead Analyst.
- Site Focal/lead analyst for three of the larger locations. I was in charge of the deployment group for 2 of these sites. I was responsible for insuring the workstations were deployed to the workstation and all applications worked properly.
- Train techs at each location in the migration process.
- Invited to join the next phase of the project to assist in the Exchange migration.
- Assist the Exchange Administrators to configure the servers and the conversion process.