- Extensive background in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), including estimating in the Initiation phase, requirements gathering, design, testing, and Go - Live activities / support.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator; with the ability to relate with diverse group of stakeholders from senior / upper level management to level one subject matter experts.
- Proven problem solver, with the ability to get to the root cause of most business problems and gaps and very resolute in the application of technology to solve the many problems businesses face today.
Productivity Tools: MS Office, SharePoint.
Database: MS SQL 2014 Oracle 12.1, MySQL, MS Access.
Testing: HP ALM, Microsoft Excel
Gathering & Management: Microsoft TFS, JIRA, Rational Requisite Pro, SharePoint.
Design Tools: SnagIT, MS Visio.
Defect Management Tool: PVCS Tracker, Bugzilla, SpiraTest
Confidential, Saint Paul, MN
Senior Business Analyst
- Acted as a Product owner and held requirement sessions with stakeholders of the project and created the product backlog for all captured requirements.
- Created the user stories as deliverables from the requirements gathering sessions with subject matter experts and other relevant stakeholders.
- Led the estimating effort (Fibonacci sequence) for all captured user stories and assisted with sprint / release planning based on Epics and features.
- Performed the elaboration of the user stories and documented all findings in a readable format for all project team members to comprehend.
- Acted as the lead BA on the Aircraft inventory management system and was credited with the overall reduction in time it takes to get aircraft information to the right channels for resolution.
- Responsible for performing gap analysis and identifying the gaps in the exception management process which eventually led to increase in enrollments / sales for Confidential .
- Accomplished the feat of saving Confidential $250,000 annually by reengineering the payment reconciliation process and successful implementation of Polaris
- Helped Confidential cut cost by eliminating 2 FTE due to the successful implementation of Sales force CRM which ensured that customer service agents could do more in a shorter time.
- Responsible for creating documentation and leading demo sessions.
Confidential, Houston TX
- Acted as a liaison between the business stakeholders and delivery team through the project life cycle to communicate and validate requirements, and ensure that technical delivery team has full understanding of business goals and objectives as stated in the requirements.
- Worked closely and collaboratively with other team Business Analysts, System Architects, Data Architects, Development team, and QA team to clearly articulate defined requirements, and clarification when questions arise.
- Conducted JAD session to clarify the business workflow for AS - IS and TO-BE process for the existing workflow for setting up patient record and maintain the same over different lifecycles.
- Primarily responsible for meeting with the clinicians and documenting all the requirements and working with development to achieve the goal of implementation.
- Established the integration process between ChartScriptMD and other EHR applications to enable the flow of patient data.
- Credited with the of eliminating the gaps in the old process of patient data creation, retrieval and synchronization.
- Created materials and led the effort after the successful implementation of the system.
- Extensively developed Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test Cases for Functional, System, Integration, UAT, and Regression Testing based on the Design Document and User Requirement Document for the Functional, Security, and Performance Testing.
Confidential, St Paul, MN
Business Systems Analyst
- Develop understanding of Oil and Gas business needs through discussion, document analysis, interface analysis, observation and interviews.
- Was responsible for creating functional specs for various oil and gas systems and working with development team to ensure successful implementation.
- Defined business reporting requirements including content, layout, and other characteristics.
- Maintained monthly energy reports across the business unit by monitoring customer sales and purchases.
- Coordinated inter - business unit meetings to aid with the integration of new processes which were then implemented in other regions.
- Created test cases using Quality center, performed system, integration, regression testing and coordinated User Acceptance Testing for all users.
- Responsible for creating documentation and running the demo sessions for all parties.