- Over Seven Years of diversified experience in Business Analysis, Data Analysis and Software Quality Assurance on Client/Server, Windows based and Web based applications.
- Expertise in business process engineering with proven experience in all disciplines of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of software applications
- Expert and analyzing teh As - US business processes, identifying teh problem areas and suggesting possible solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of object oriented analysis using Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile methodology
- Extensive experience in gathering and documenting business requirements, analyzing data/workflows, defining scope and authoring Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
- Experienced in creating wireframes using MS Visio
- Expertise in business modeling using Erwin, MS Visio, Enterprise Architect.
- Adapt in defining test cases and creating test scripts based on Functionality and Business Rules
- Familiar with using project management & Tracking tools like Quality Center, MS-Project, PVCS for status reporting, project scheduling and planning
- Involved in Writing, Updating and maintaining teh Test documents for various stages of Testing for reference and auditing purpose.
- Excellent Organization, Analytical and Problem Solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
Requirements Management: HP Quality Center, Rational Requisite Pro, Enterprise Architect.
UML Diagrams: MS Visio, Erwin, Enterprise Architect
Wireframes & Screen Design: MS Visio, Snagit
Test & Defect Tracking: HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, Rational Clear Quest, PVCS
Enterprise Apps: MS Office, MS Project, MOSS, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat Reader
Software Methodology: Agile, Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP)
Operating System: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/ 7, UNIX
Languages: XML, SQL, Visual Basic, JAVA
DatabaseOracle: MS SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Gatheird requirements, which were translated, into specifications for development.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Business Solution Documents (BSD) and customer interface design documents (UI).
- Updated teh scope and schedule of teh project as necessary and determined how dat would impact teh other projects and business processes.
- Analyzed and documented System architecture and detailed design for complete understanding of teh system model. Converted System Requirement specifications (SRS) to teh System Design Specification (SDS).
- Prepared graphical depictions of Business process diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Based Diagrams, and creation of technical design (UI screen) using Rational Rose.
- Gained Knowledge of teh company’s accounting principals and structures and their relation to existing and new systems.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check teh compatibility of teh existing system infrastructure with teh new design requirements.
- Utilized Business Intelligence to identify new opportunities or process improvements.
- Identified process improvements through practice changes, standardization and automation.
- Developed Requirements Tractability Matrix (RTM) using MS excel to trace each software design requirement to test case.
- Involved in project status report updates/ creation of issue items for reviews/updates of technical and transformation files on timely basis.
- Performed efficient tuning of SQL source queries for data load/ Usage of stored procedures for performance.
Environment: MS Visio 2007/2010, Agile, Quick Test professional 10.0, Quality Center 9.2/10, .Net, XML, T-SQL, Crystal Reports, PDF, MOSS, MS SQL Server 2008, UNIX, Windows 7, IE, MS Word, Ms Excel.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Interacted with teh SME’s and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of core business process information, business rules, business entities and other relevant information.
- Played major role in Project Management including Scope/Vision Documentation, Project Planning, tracking Project Processes and managing customer resources to ensure project deadlines were being met.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Business Solution Documents (BSD), customer interface design documents (GUI) and supplementary specification documents (SS).
- Maintained a traceability matrix for all requirements and mapping to various Data Reporting Manuals and User Guides.
- Created teh (“AS IS”) and (“TO BE”) business process models using enterprise architect dat includes modeling of all teh activities of teh business from teh conceptual to procedural level based on business requirements.
- Estimated teh risks, cost and ROI in various market sectors, analyzed market trends, pulse-of-teh-market analysis for both business process models.
- Analyzed research on operational procedures and methods and recommend changes for improvement - with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- As part of CRM Activities, gatheird client data, managed, tracked and analyzed dis data to improve customer relationships, target marketing campaigns and adjust pricing along with Marketing Team.
- Responsible for Collection, statistical analysis and documentation of Customer Requirements, as well as Organizing interviews, User meetings, Technical workshops, JAD sessions and requirement elicitation sessions.
- Conducted benchmarking activities to identify best practices provided technical specification to development team to build Enterprise Reporting Systems.
- Worked with various business groups to consolidate teh data feeds, and halped map and distribute teh data for teh portfolio management database.
Environment: RUP, UML, MS Visio 2003, UNIX, DB2, TOAD, Java, SAP-CRM Module, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office,.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Facilitated JAD sessions with client to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolving any issues to quickly reach a consensus.
- Prepared teh Vision requirement document & Business requirements document.
- Captured and Analyzed teh current ("as is") and proposed ("to be") state of enterprise processes.
- Created conceptual model, logical model, physical model and data flow diagram.
- Worked closely with senior management in teh process of allocating resources and assigning timelines for various projects.
- Performed extensive Business Process Modeling using Swim-Lane diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Workflow diagrams, and Activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Closely interacted with designers and software developers to understand application functionality, navigational flow and updated them about end-user sentiments.
- Involved in creating test scenarios, writing test cases and execution of testing phase.
- Worked closely with developers in teh process of Trust Account Reconciliation into Allstate Environment.
- Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers and suggested enhancements to teh existed application from business perspectives, provided solutions to existing bugs.
Environment: Oracle 9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000,MS Visio, MS office, Erwin 4.0, Windows XP/NT
Confidential, New York, NY
- Participated in Joint Application development (JAD) sessions to identify teh flows and processes involved.
- Involved in teh design, review, implementation, testing, and release of databases and application software.
- Gatheird Requirement and documented business processes using Agile methodology.
- Assisted in designing teh Dimensional modeling of teh Data warehouse using Erwin 4.1.4
- Prepared Functional Requirements Document (FRD) & designed ETL Technical design document.
- Collected teh information about different Entities and attributes.
- Created Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models. Generated Logical and Physical Reports from teh data model.
- Presented Data Model to Functional Team for Approval and made changes as required.
- Created surrogate key tables to map teh required dimensions in teh fact table.
- Documented technical and business metadata components of teh logical data model using Erwin.
- Created Error Files and Log Tables containing data with discrepancies to analyze and re-process teh data.
- Used SQL*Loader to load data from flat files into tables like Excel and Word. Involved in creating scripts using Erwin 4.1.4.
Environment: Agile SDLC, Oracle 10g/9i, Rational Suite Tools, SQL Server 2000, PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, MS Word, MS-Visio, MS-Project, SQL * Loader, Forms 9.me, Reports 9.me, Erwin 4.1.4.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Business & Quality Analyst
- Organized JAD sessions and gatheird requirements from SME’s, generated business process models, use-case models using Agile Methodology.
- Created business requirements document (BRD) & functional requirements document (FRD) using MS office Suite.
- Performed Requirement Analysis and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Involved in project management using MS Project. Used SWOT analysis and Boston Consulting Group Matrix (BCG Matrix) to compare business competitiveness vis-à-vis market position.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data.
- Lead Business Intelligence reports development efforts by working closely with Microstrategy, Teradata, and ETL teams.
- Worked closely with teh QA team to conceptualize, determine and develop test approaches and methods for unit testing, integration and functional testing, load and usability testing according to teh application complexity and test requirements.
- Queried database using SQL for backend testing.
- Assisted in Designing of Teradata Scripts, Tables, Indices and Database Objects.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate repetitive database processes.
- Used Rational Clear quest for defect management.
- Used Rational Clear case for version control