- Overall 8 Years of BA Experience in financial domain containing fixed income, Credit Risk, Market Risk (FRM), Options, Derivatives, OTC financial Products, Portfolio Management, Positions, Equity with Institutions.
- Good Experience with Credit Risk and Market Risk Management such as Treasury bills, Treasury Bonds, AAA,BBB bonds, Junk bonds And Over the counter Derivatives (OTC) and Vanilla/ Interest Rate/Equity swaps to hedge foreign currency risk and future and forward contract risk, counter party risk.
- Excellent in performing GAP Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Worked on various banking modules such as CRM, Deposits, Lending, Payments, AML, ACH,FATCA, Regulatory and Compliance.
- Coordinated the production of several thousand shareholder taxformsconsisting of: 1099, 5498 & 1042 - Sforms.
- Led the implementation of Intralinks, a web-based service that disseminates financials and tax complianceto capital providers, increasing efficiencies and reducing cost.
- Excellent understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Liasoning between Business Team & Technology Team, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications/Data Warehouse Requirements and Application Design.
- 5 years of professional IT experience as Business Analysis in Data warehousing, Design, Analysis, Implementation, different Data Marts, Data Warehouse, OLTP, OLAP and DW/BI (Data Warehouse/ Business Intelligence) functions and Testing
Data Warehousing/ ETL: Informatica Power Center Designer 9.1/9.5 Informatica (Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository manager), Business Objects 4.1 BOBJ, DataMart, OLAP, OLTP.
Dimensional Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, Erwin and Oracle Designer, SCD TYPE I and SCD TYPE II
Databases & Tools: Oracle 11g/10g, DB2 UDB 8.5, SQL*Server, MS SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0/6.5 , SQL*Plus, TOAD.
Requirements Modeling/ Management Tools: Rational Rose, UML, MS Visio, CMMI, Requisite Pro, Caliber RM, Remedy, Clarity PPM, JIRA
Defect tracking tools: Rational Clear Quest, Clear Case, HP Quality Center
Methodologies: SDLC, RUP, Agile, scrum Master
Sr. Financial Business Analyst
- Created Detailed Business Requirements for Operational Risk Loss and Management Control Assessment Applications and User stories/Functional Requirements in JIRA as part of Agile Environment
- Great Experience with Creating ORM (Operational Risk Management) Dashboards, UI Mock ups to support business requirements and functional requirements.
- Performed Requirements analysis for CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review) for 14-A Module with regards to CCAR Expected loss, Operation Loss, Key Operations Risk Indicators
- Liasoning with Micro-Strategy Developers, Testers and LOB (Line of Business) to ensure that Reports / Ad-hoc reports are as per requirements listed out.
- Facilitating the meetings with Product Owners/ Operational Risk Managers/ VPs to conduct detailed operational risk requirements, produce user stories, and to load the data in Data Mart.
- Created Mock ups- UIs to ensure that User Stories are well understood by UX Developers to create the prototypes for Project.
- Providing the presentations to Line of Business/ Product Owners on Ad-hoc Reports, ORM Dashboards and drill-down of Operational Risk Metrics / Calculations.
Environment: JIRA to track Requirements/User Stories/Testing, Micro-Strategy 9.4,Oracle Toad, Pl/SQL, Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, Power-Point, Agile/Waterfall.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Financial Business Analyst
- Working as a Business Analyst in Agile environment on all project aspects ranging from requirement gathering to supporting Business Acceptance Testing (BAT), engaging with Product Owners and stakeholders to drive IT system design.
- Worked on a collaborative effort, between ICor and Reuters, to capture requirements for a Straight Through Processing (STP) solution for FX Options.
- Performed Enrichment according to the appropriate Project, Branch and Workflows for the FFIEC 031, FFIEC 041, FRY 14M/Q Report working on CCAR.
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate invoice allocation within various departments (such as Development, Franchise, Facilities,Tax compliance, etc.) and preparing journal entries to reallocate funds.
- Facilitated JAD sessions and SCRUM meetings, workshops and interview and Conducted a detailed SWOT analysis, GAP analysis, cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Conducted analysis and optimization of trade processing flow, trade break investigation and liquidity analysis for equity derivative and foreign exchange products which resulted in reduction in trade volume processed by technology systems.
- Responsible for eliciting and documenting business requirements regarding Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) Reporting ofForm8966 and 1042-S to the IRS.
- Maintained knowledge ofFATCAregulatory andcomplianceenvironment as it impacts service and/or clients.
- Coordinated all the tax compliance activities (e.g. direct and indirect taxes, tax accounting, preparation of statutory financial statements and country by country reporting) forthe organisation.
- Strengthen OTC derivative reporting process by highlighting reporting inconsistencies and analyzed the complex analytics requirements for OTC Options and Bonds and prepared Data Mapping and Data Dictionary Files.
- Performed internal of new hires on the fundamentals of the FX options market and corresponding pricing techniques on individual options.
- Worked with Technical team closely and getting done development for customizations forGL,AP,ARModules.
- Constantly interacted with the groups working on FX and options trading platform and acquired in depth understanding of options (call, put etc.), forwards, futures, swaps, pips, control-limits and other concepts of FX and options trading.
- Identified Use Cases from the requirements. Created Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams, based on UML Methodology using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Inserted Input collateral movements in Protocol for futures, options and other derivatives to reflect incoming/ outgoing wires.
- Lead on the data sourcing effort for Counterparty Credit, Market and Operational Risk, Income Statement and Balance Sheet Schedules pertaining to CCAR and the FRY9C reporting to FED.
- Provided professional services to three bighedgefundscovering IT, operations, legal, accounting and risk management environment for business restructuring for better financial returns.
- Maintained LaserPro documentation and system for both consumer andcommerciallending and have Strong understanding ofCapitalmarkets, financial instruments, risk analytics, various financial related calculations backed by strong al credentials.
- Adhered to SDLC based on the Agile Unified Process and SOXcompliance, End User Testing and Vendor Management.
- Implemented AxiomSL end-to-end reporting solution to prepare and submit regulatory reports (FR Y-9C, FR Y-14) to the Federal Reserve Board.
- Provided support to all Finance/Accounts users for their day-to-day issues inAR,AP,GLand Fixed Assets and Job Cost modules
- Worked on Fixed Income, Bonds and Bond Trading Cycle,EquitiesandEquityTrade Cycle, Derivatives (Options and Futures), Portfolio Management, Wealth Management, and Sales and Marketing.
- Familiar with Basel, Dodd Frank Act, CCAR Regulatory Reporting - FR Y-14 Monthly, Quarterly, Annual, FR Y 9-C and others required for banks for compliance reporting to various regulatory agencies.
- Enabled investment advisors to provide guidance to their clients (keeping in view their risk tolerance, financial goals, and resources) and provided flexibility to choose between different investment options, includingstocks, mutual funds, bonds, exchange traded funds, retirement benefits, and cash.
- Performed Requirements Analysis for CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review) in terms of capital adequacy, Capital ratios, Equity/Liabilities,LoanLoss, Investment Loss, Load to Value ratios (Under the Dodd- Frank Act Stress Test) for cross-functional project of TD Bank (TD Ameritrade Sister-concern).
- Coordinated with upstream providers of analytics and security data for OTC options and derivatives to oversee data integrity.
- Assisted the Wealth Management department with the underwriting and documentation of loans,analyze proposed structure, repayment sources, industry & economic factors affecting request,Monitored credit exposure through covenants and liquidity verification.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with Business users and Developers for discussing the requirements alongwith Understanding business requirements and creating functional and technical specifications documents like BRD, FRD, FSD SRS, and BRS.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Financial / Data Warehouse Business Analyst
- Facilitating the meetings with Confidential Business Users and offshore Development team to conduct thorough Data analysis, produce Data Business requirements/Data Profiling, Gap analysis for EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse).
- Documented Data Requirements with regards to Train Routes and Third Party Vendor Like MARC bring the Data to ODS, then load the Data Warehouse and Rail Registered Data Mart.
- Conducted Data mapping in MS Excel for data flow from Source to Target, Impact analysis on Target databases.
- Liasoning with Business User, Developers and Testers to ensure data requirements are fulfilled and correctly mapped to Data Fields in the Target Table.
- Extensively worked on Data Mining/Data Profiling work to ensure no duplicates in the source and to check Primary Key/Foreign key and Uniqueness of the Data at the source side.
- Navigating the Business Users through Data Fields and Data Profiling/Data Mining work once Data Requirements are collected.
- Walking the Business Stakeholders through Mapping Document to suggest how fields are mapped to Target Table.
- Extensively worked on Informatica 9.5 Power Center - ETL Transformations like Lookup, Joiner, SQL and Source Qualifier, Router, Filter, Update Strategy Transformations in the Informatica Designer to conduct data analysis.
- Created Detailed Mapping Document to map the fields from Source to Target in Data Warehouse Environment.
- Experience in SAP Business Objects (BOBJ) 4.1 to perform the reporting and analytics ( Slice and dice the data) for Business Intelligence reporting ( BI reporting)
Environment: SharePoint, Clarity, Remedy, Microsoft Word, Power-Point, ETL Informatica Power Center 9.5, Business Objects 4.1,Oracle 11g,SQL * Plus, Toad, Pl/SQL, Microsoft Visio, Excel, DB2, SQL Server and WinSCP.
Financial Business Analyst
- Implemented requirements for Projects onForward Rate Agreements to hedge/offset the risk on floating (LIBOR) - Fixed Rate Interest Payments, netting of the payments and settlement of FRA.
- Provided presentation / Guidelines to Clients on Market Risk of Index Funds (Passive Portfolio) vs Systematic Risk of Active Portfolio.
- Documented the requirements for valuation of Forward Rate Agreements &Options (with Binomial Interest rate Tree and with Interest Rate Volatility for Options), Margin Requirements, Counter - Party Risk,Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
- Great working knowledge on the PAC (Planned Amortization Class Tranches), Structured Interest Only Trances, CDO (Collateralized Debt Obligation) and re-investment and Extension risk for the class of assets.
- Documented the requirements for Currency futures contracts while participating in JAD (Joint Application Development) with Dealers to hedge currency risk exposure of a Corporate Client.
- Conducted Financial Requirements, Data requirements and Mapping Documentation of the ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load) strategy to populate the Data Warehouse from the various source systems.
- Facilitated the meeting between Business users, Developers, Testers, and Prod support team in Joint Development meetings sessions.
- Walking the Business Stakeholders through Mapping Document to suggest how fields are mapped to Target Table and ETL Transformation Business Logic.
- Documenting the progress reports on Secured Handling Required Data (SHR) process and inflow and outflow of the secured and confidential financial data.
- Transform User Business Requirements into User Functional Requirements as well as Business Use Case and Non - Functional Requirements.
- Facilitation of Meetings between Business and Technical Teams to transfer the Data needs and ideas to Informatica/Business Intelligence Teams to implement and Execute the Projects.
- Conducted Business presentations and improvement plans to the management and workshops for the clients.
- Employed SDLC for the purpose of monitoring the project and also followed the step-by-step procedure.
- Extensively Used SQL Queries on Oracle TOAD platform to perform Data Analysis and Data profiling for Fund Managers / Stakeholders.
- Hands on Knowledge on Informatica Power Center 9.1 Designer client tools like Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Mapping Designer, and Work Flow Manager.
- Participated in and contributed to as-Is and To-Be Process Modeling Sessions, and build process models responsible for analysis
- Worked on Data mapping tools, data analysis from DB2 tables, data profiling.
- Good Experience in getting Options files, Trade files, to Target Data Warehouse Environment.
Environment: SharePoint, Clarity, Informatica Power Center, Oracle 10g, Netezza, SQL, Oracle Toad, Pl/SQL, Microsoft Visio, Excel, DB2, SQL Server and Waterfall.