Senior Security Analyst
Confidential, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Follow Company policy and procedures on the use of forensic tools and capabilities, logging activities as required
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for incident response and forensics
- Manage and perform eDiscovery activities
- Support ongoing internal investigations and litigation matters
- Perform storage forensics (for example, hard drives, USB storage)
- Utilize Company - owned forensic tools (Encase) in the course of investigations
- Perform file-system analysis and file carving (for example, to extract email, documents, and other trace evidence
- Identify, collect, preserve and analyze electronic information, relevant to a case, incident or event of interest
- Follow forensically sound practices, including preserving chain of custody
- Consult with Company Legal team on privacy, policy and compliance concerns
- Develop remediation plan of actions as a result of investigative discovery
- Adequately communicate with all key stakeholders to ensure both confidentiality of information and expedient evidence collection
Computer Forensic Analyst
Confidential, Comstock Park, MI
- Serve as data acquisition and search specialist on various Confidential projects.
- Acquire and search digital evidence using EnCase Forensic Edition and Paraben Email Examiner.
- Write acquisition and examination reports for submission to lawyers.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
- Performed compliance testing, vulnerability scanning and attack and penetration studies at credit unions, community banks and regional hospitals.
- Scanned network devices using Nessus network vulnerability scanner and recommended remediation actions.
- Participated in GLBA, FFIEC and HIPPA compliance based IT security risk assessments.
- Presented results to management and recommended security policies and improvements.
- Developed computer forensics evidence collection, handling and reporting policies and procedures.
- Conducted Confidential and investigative services using Access Data Forensics Toolkit (FTK); maintained Confidential lab.
Information Security Forensic Specialist
Confidential, Livonia, MI
- Functioned as data acquisition and search specialist on a Confidential litigation support team.
- Acquired and searched digital evidence using EnCase Forensic Edition and Paraben Email Examiner.
- Wrote acquisition and examination reports for submission to lawyers.
- Developed procedures and documentation for Confidential department.
- Researched information security hardware and software tools; and drafted security policy
- Validated electronic evidence collection tool (Logicube MD5).
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- Performed domain administrator functions in central LAN administration department.
- Move add changes and access control requests.
- Audited SMTP addresses of pager notification lists.
- Followed up on IT audit recommendations.
Confidential, Farmington, MI
- Reduced support costs by leading transition from Novell to Microsoft servers.
- Supported Windows 2000 networks on Compaq servers.
- Implemented Windows 2000 Active Directory servers.
- Reduced long distance phone charges by implementing MS Exchange e-mail and McAfee antivirus.
- Implemented and supported Great Plains Accounting and Vertex Sales and Use tax-reporting system.
- Extract, transfer and load financial data between disparate systems while maintaining data integrity.
- Consolidated financial reporting system.
- Provided second level support to other System Administrators.
- Implement and administer backup plan using Veritas Backup Exec tools.